Nintendo WiFi Usb Connector Help!@!@!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts
I just bought the Nintendo Wi-fi Usb Connector atmy local Best Buy this morning, i came home, set it up, and everything worked its just when i test my connection it says Error Code 52240 or 51340. I looked both of these up on the Nintendo web site and it says it could be my anti-spy-ware or my firewall that possibly could be blocking my Connection. I disabled my Firewall and tested my connection again, but once again the same error code comes up. Can someoneplease tell me whats going on here??? :?
hfm_brian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 hfm_brian
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

okay, well uninstall the thing, restart your computer, instal it again. if thats still a worry, or its saying, limited to no connectivity, make sure your internet connection settings are set to shared. or allow others to connnect through this connection. mine used to do that all the time

i have a new problem now, when i uninstal it and reinstaled it, it wouldnt actually instal the whole way, like 80-90% then stop. i dunno whats happening

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WiiMan21
hmmm... Ok i will try that and if that doenst work then i will try something else. :D
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WiiMan21
Nope sorry it didn't work but thanks for trying.:D
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 theweakbear
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts
I used to use it, and i had a lot of problems, the best thing to do is call Nintendo, they know what to do and they're really nice; the number is on one of the instruction booklets. Oh and, you should try to get a router, i use it for Wii and DS and you don't have to have your computer on for it to work. If you have Norton try disabling Internet worm protection or something along those lines. I still remember how cool it was to play online for the DS for the first time with Mario Kart...
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
The best advice I can give is to return it tomorrow and get a router instead. If for some reason you CAN'T get a router then call Nintendo.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WiiMan21
Grrr ok i could bring it back and later mabe purchase a wierless router, but the reason i bought it was because im getting mario strikers charged ina couple weeks and planning on going online with it, and my family might get a wierless router sometime this year
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Grrr ok i could bring it back and later mabe purchase a wierless router, but the reason i bought it was because im getting mario strikers charged ina couple weeks and planning on going online with it, and my family might get a wierless router sometime this yearWiiMan21

So make a deal with them that you'll go in for half if they buy it now.

That way you get online with a router for less money then you were going to spend on just the adapter

MEGALOLZ10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 MEGALOLZ10
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I bought the Nintendo Wifi Usb Connector yesterday at HMV. I brought it home and it keeps on getting error messages on the Internet Sharing bit, with the PC btw. PLEASE HELP! I've tried everything, and my Wii is at the top of the house and my PC is at the bottom, will the Wii still receive the signal???Please HELP!!!1:!
Goten8030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Goten8030
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I bought the Nintendo Wifi Usb Connector yesterday at HMV. I brought it home and it keeps on getting error messages on the Internet Sharing bit, with the PC btw. PLEASE HELP! I've tried everything, and my Wii is at the top of the house and my PC is at the bottom, will the Wii still receive the signal???Please HELP!!!1:!MEGALOLZ10

Most likely it won't recieve a single. According to the instruction booklet I have, on page 8 it states the maximum distance your wii or ds should be from the usb connector is 30 feet (10 meters). Because of my setup I can't say if it goes any farther than 6 feet lol..

for the other people having problems, I don't have a solution just advice if you use like Norton anti-virus. Norton likes to block every program you run at first until you specify to let it run. In my case in took a few times of installing and uninstalling as well as plugging in and unplugging the USB adapter until it promted me to unblock.