Nintendo still repairing cracked hinges?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Polychief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1 Polychief
Member since 2004 • 511 Posts

i've been playing my DS alot lately, after it just sitting for a couple months. So i just beat Phantom hourglass and was cleaning my DS and i go to wipe the hinges when i see the infamous crack there. I started the topic a long time ago about the hinge cracking "epedemic" and now my hinge cracks months later -.-. My ds also fell recently (not on that side though) on carpet and the top screen is not perfectly aligned with the bottom.

So i was wondering if nintendo still lets you send in your DS to repair the hinge cracking (if they ever did) and also fix the screen alignment problem. If not ill just have to deal with it cuz i cant buy another DS right now. =/

Forte310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2 Forte310
Member since 2007 • 8362 Posts

I dunno.. My DS has no cracks, and I bought it last year....

PS. I dont haf an online ID coz i liv in M'sia

risingsuntzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 risingsuntzu
Member since 2004 • 481 Posts
what color is your ds by the way?
Elpio_Brazil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Elpio_Brazil
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
what color is your ds by the way?risingsuntzu
Thats really irrelevant...
_Asa_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 _Asa_
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

[QUOTE="risingsuntzu"]what color is your ds by the way?Elpio_Brazil

And there's a topic for it over here.

Polychief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Polychief

sry lol went grocery shopping, but my DS is the original Polar White DS lite, the one that most of the cracks in the "epedemic" where on.

PS, whats M'sia? X_X

EDIT: forgot to do my blue thing XD

JeffNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JeffNipples
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
I took my DS into a nintendo building since there is one not far from here, the "crack" overtime had caught so many times it broke the plastic right off and the screen was dangling off by one hinge. 6 days was left of my warrenty and they gave me a brand new one on the spot with no bill. They just scanned it, said it was still under warrenty and gave a new one. This was not even a month ago
JeffNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JeffNipples
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
I forgot to say...just call the 1 800 number for the repair line. Ask them they will know better than anyone here would. Most every nintendo product has the number i believe but if not look on the nintendo site or just google search their repair number haha. Whatever works for you
Polychief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Polychief

thanks jeffnipples, ill get right on that.

polychief says /thread xd

Polychief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Polychief

nvmd, thread not over. my systems not under warranty anymore so its gonna cost me 95 bucks to have my DS remanufactured.

............D:

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts

nvmd, thread not over. my systems not under warranty anymore so its gonna cost me 95 bucks to have my DS remanufactured.

............D:

Polychief

Wow, you're better off just buying a brand new DS. I've had my DS lite since it was released, i've had the cracked hinge for over a year, and it's been perfectly fine. Aslong as you don't drop it, or mis treat it. Then it'll still be fine.:D
risingsuntzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 risingsuntzu
Member since 2004 • 481 Posts

[QUOTE="Elpio_Brazil"][QUOTE="risingsuntzu"]what color is your ds by the way?_Asa_

Excuse you both, it wasnt the least bit irrelevant, considering that most reported hinge cracks are with the orginal polar white ds lite. I hear far less reports of the black or crimson/black and pink ds lites cracking.I do hear the occasional story but its far less common. Supposedly because nintendo has finally gotten their act together.

Polychief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Polychief
[QUOTE="_Asa_"]

[QUOTE="Elpio_Brazil"][QUOTE="risingsuntzu"]what color is your ds by the way?risingsuntzu

Excuse you both, it wasnt the least bit irrelevant, considering that most reported hinge cracks are with the orginal polar white ds lite. I hear far less reports of the black or crimson/black and pink ds lites cracking.I do hear the occasional story but its far less common. Supposedly because nintendo has finally gotten their act together.

dont worry lol i knew why you asked XD ya back when the epedemic arose and i started the topic i had a poll up for the color of the cracked ones and there was mostly white and there was only 1 that was black and there was no proof so i doubt it was true. But ya i think if i get a new DS ill get a polar white still but i hope that they fixed the issue now because i don't want more cracks =/

EDIT: forgot my blue thing again =/

fntsycloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fntsycloud
Member since 2002 • 748 Posts
Nintendo never offered to fix the crack for free. I replaced my DS Lite last year some time - the guy I talked to (who had enough background to trust) told me it was $50 to have that fixed if under warranty, $100 or so if it is out of warranty. The crack doesn't get bigger or give problems with opening and closing the thing, so just get over it, you'll only be bothered by it if you look at it and see it all the time.
Leopold_Stotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Leopold_Stotch
Member since 2007 • 717 Posts
Nintendo never offered to fix the crack for free. I replaced my DS Lite last year some time - the guy I talked to (who had enough background to trust) told me it was $50 to have that fixed if under warranty, $100 or so if it is out of warranty. The crack doesn't get bigger or give problems with opening and closing the thing, so just get over it, you'll only be bothered by it if you look at it and see it all the time. fntsycloud
in the beginning they would not fix it for free. after a lot of complaints they owned up to the problem and fixed them for free. 1 person i know sent his in a while ago and got a brand new one. someone else sent theirs in recently and got a scratched up refurbished unit.