Nintendo DS Lite Questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Azereus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Azereus1
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts

Hi, I'm planning on getting a DS and wanted a few questions answered.

1. How does the sleep mode work, can I just put the DS into sleep mode instead of turning it of?

2. Does the touch screen get scratched easily by the stylus?

3. I've heard about the L and R buttons turning yellow on the white DS. Does that happen often to a lot of people?

Thanks in advance.

jupstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jupstar
Member since 2006 • 161 Posts

1) o sustain battery life in the midst of a game, users can close the Nintendo DS system, which will then put the DS in sleep mode that also pauses the game that is being played. A system in sleep mode can run for several hundred hours without completely draining the battery. However, closing the shell while playing a Game Boy Advance game will not put the Nintendo DS into sleep mode; the game will continue to run normally including the back light. Certain DS games (such as Animal Crossing: Wild World) also will not pause but the backlight, screens, and speakers will turn off. When saving the game in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl and Zoo Tycoon DS, the DS will not go into sleep mode. - Wikipedia

2) As long as you don't bang your stylus on the screen like a mad person, your screen should be fine. Mine is ok.

3) The buttons could turn yellow.

valmonte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 valmonte
Member since 2005 • 736 Posts

1. How does the sleep mode work, can I just put the DS into sleep mode instead of turning it of?

3. I've heard about the L and R buttons turning yellow on the white DS. Does that happen often to a lot of people?

Thanks in advance.

Azereus1

1. Sleep mode is activated when you close the lid.

2. I never managed to, but Hori screen protectors are a good idea.

3. It does.

vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 vatterott
Member since 2006 • 1842 Posts

Thanks in advance.

Azereus1

1. Just close the DS.

2. No. Unless you try.

3. I have a black DS, so I wouldn't know. The black ones get finger prints on 'em though, but they come off easy with a quick wipe.