Nice trade in deal at Gamestop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 rbrown3
Member since 2005 • 4148 Posts
I usually don't trade games in because they give you crap value for them, but I had two copies of Twilight Princess so I decided to check what the trade in value was. The give you a base value of $35 for it, plus an extra 10% with your More Card, and there is also a coupon for an additional 10% in this months Game Informer, bringing the total up to $42. Not a bad deal, considering the game only costs $49.99 in the first place. Just thought I'd let you all know, in case you are done with Zelda, or have two copies like I did. Oh yeah, and before you ask, the only reason I had two copies was because my uncle gave me the game because he took his son's Wii away until June when school gets out because his grades have gone in the crapper since he started playing Wii everyday. Gamestop is also doing trade in two Wii games get one Free right now, not the best deal ever, but if you got games you don't play, it may be worth it for you
greenneil4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 greenneil4
Member since 2005 • 2041 Posts
nice but i am still playing zelda
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
That deal is definitely not worth. Trade two games and get one in return in a huge rip.
rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rbrown3
That deal is definitely not worth. Trade two games and get one in return in a huge rip. angelfly
yeah, i said that wasn't the best deal. The Zelda trade in for $42 deal is good though
nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts

Its better than watching them sit next to your Wii

not being played

STRICK26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 STRICK26
Member since 2005 • 454 Posts

That is a nice deal. I just started Zelda last night. The 1st are was lame, now its getting good.

BeErBOnG29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BeErBOnG29
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
Trade two games in and get a one USED game? LOL.
rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rbrown3
Trade two games in and get a one USED game? LOL.BeErBOnG29
no, one new game
BeErBOnG29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BeErBOnG29
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
[QUOTE="BeErBOnG29"]Trade two games in and get a one USED game? LOL.rbrown3
no, one new game

Oh ok. Well that still isn't the best, but much better then what I first assumed lol.
rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rbrown3
[QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="BeErBOnG29"]Trade two games in and get a one USED game? LOL.BeErBOnG29
no, one new game

Oh ok. Well that still isn't the best, but much better then what I first assumed lol.

Yeah, I still don't see it as the best deal, but I guess if you just have games sitting around that you don't play it's kind of worth it. I wouldn't do it personally
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
Wait...isn't your cousin going to want that game back in June?
rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rbrown3
Wait...isn't your cousin going to want that game back in June?reggie186
That's his problem, he shouldn't have gotten 4 F's and 3 D's on his report card, I have no sympathy for him
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 reggie186

[QUOTE="reggie186"]Wait...isn't your cousin going to want that game back in June?rbrown3
That's his problem, he shouldn't have gotten 4 F's and 3 D's on his report card, I have no sympathy for him

That's cold, man.

lone_wolf815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lone_wolf815
Member since 2006 • 2960 Posts
[QUOTE="reggie186"]Wait...isn't your cousin going to want that game back in June?rbrown3

mmmmmmmm, tough, what was his "original" grades
lone_wolf815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lone_wolf815

[QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="reggie186"]Wait...isn't your cousin going to want that game back in June?reggie186

That's cold, man.

thats the word i was looking for
rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rbrown3
[QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="reggie186"]Wait...isn't your cousin going to want that game back in June?lone_wolf815

He was an honor roll student with his first report card, I think he had 5 B's and 2 A's, since he got the Wii his grades went down to 4 F's and 3 D's. Thats not "cold" at all, that's his father being responsible by taking his Wii away.
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 reggie186

[QUOTE="lone_wolf815"][QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="reggie186"]Wait...isn't your cousin going to want that game back in June?rbrown3

He was an honor roll student with his first report card, I think he had 5 B's and 2 A's, since he got the Wii his grades went down to 4 F's and 3 D's. Thats not "cold" at all, that's his father being responsible by taking his Wii away.

What his father did was fine...but when you went to sell your cousin's stuff...that was so totally cold.

rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rbrown3

[QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="lone_wolf815"][QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="reggie186"]Wait...isn't your cousin going to want that game back in June?reggie186

What his father did was fine...but when you went to sell your cousin's stuff...that was so totally cold.

it wasn't his stuff, his father gave it to me, I asked him if he wanted it back after he got his grades back up, and his exact words were "Hell no, he's lucky if I ever give the Wii back to him in the first place"
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 reggie186
[QUOTE="reggie186"]

[QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="lone_wolf815"][QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="reggie186"]Wait...isn't your cousin going to want that game back in June?rbrown3

it wasn't his stuff, his father gave it to me, I asked him if he wanted it back after he got his grades back up, and his exact words were "Hell no, he's lucky if I ever give the Wii back to him in the first place"

Ahh... I see.

rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rbrown3
[QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="reggie186"]

[QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="lone_wolf815"][QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="reggie186"]Wait...isn't your cousin going to want that game back in June?reggie186

Ahh... I see.

Yeah and I would have just held on to the game and gave it back to my cousin whenever his dad gives him his Wii back, but he also told me not to do that. My uncle is 7'2" and about 300 pounds, so I try not to get on his bad side.
lone_wolf815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lone_wolf815

Ahh... I dont see.

how dont you see it, i get it
lone_wolf815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lone_wolf815

Ahh... I dont see.

reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 reggie186
[QUOTE="reggie186"][QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="reggie186"]

[QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="lone_wolf815"][QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="reggie186"]Wait...isn't your cousin going to want that game back in June?lone_wolf815

Ahh... I dont see.

Not what I typed. Anyone who looks at the previous page can see that.

lone_wolf815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lone_wolf815
hehehe
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 reggie186

hehehelone_wolf815

Good one. :P

lone_wolf815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lone_wolf815

[QUOTE="lone_wolf815"]hehehereggie186

Good one. :P

paulyglaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 paulyglaser
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

This is the most fantastic story I have ever read.

Until this posting, I have never met anyone who's grades have dropped from A's and B's to D's and F's in a matter of maximum allotted time, 3 months.

Your gargantuan, giant of an Uncle might want to check into taking away his son's crack pipe too, until school's out in June.

You could probably even get a Wii game or two from Gamestop for his crack, if you asked the right clerk.  Used games, of course.

-KoN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 -KoN-
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts
your cousins lucky his dad didn't eat the wii
Draconis77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Draconis77
Member since 2003 • 636 Posts
your cousins lucky his dad didn't eat the wii-KoN-
Haha, that made me laugh.
hckydude1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hckydude1103
Member since 2005 • 2230 Posts
if you had two copies why wouldnt you have just not opened one of them and taken it back and get full price back?
awperk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 awperk12
Member since 2006 • 117 Posts
I refuse to support their trade in scam.
rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rbrown3
if you had two copies why wouldnt you have just not opened one of them and taken it back and get full price back?hckydude1103
because both were opened, I already had one, then my uncle gave me my cousins copy that had already been used
silent_seaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 silent_seaxx
Member since 2006 • 1322 Posts
Hm, good deal I guess. when is this lasting to?
Link_of_winds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Link_of_winds
Member since 2005 • 1269 Posts
you uncle is a heartless ****
rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rbrown3
you uncle is a heartless ****Link_of_winds
no my uncle was being a good parent, my cousins grades dropped drasticly so he took away the cause of the grades dropping, how is that heartless?? If other parents cared that much, our school systems wouldn't be in the condition they are now.
lone_wolf815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lone_wolf815
nice sig rbrown3
HawksNDoves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 HawksNDoves
Member since 2005 • 333 Posts
[QUOTE="Link_of_winds"]you uncle is a heartless ****rbrown3
no my uncle was being a good parent, my cousins grades dropped drasticly so he took away the cause of the grades dropping, how is that heartless?? If other parents cared that much, our school systems wouldn't be in the condition they are now.

This isn't really being a good parent. It sounds like your uncle did NOTHING until he got his kids report card... then he went "oh sh**" and decided on a quick-fix by taking away his Wii. Why didn't anything happen at progress report time? Why didn't he keep in touch with his son's teachers? This isn't terrible parenting... at least he did something but I wouldn't call it good parenting. Oh well... your cousins loss is your gain. 42$ in GS credit (or did you somehow get cash?) kicks ass.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

That deal is definitely not worth. Trade two games and get one in return in a huge rip. angelfly

haha....so true....trading in games is useless....but i still have to get zelda :(

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
I usually don't trade games in because they give you crap value for them, but I had two copies of Twilight Princess so I decided to check what the trade in value was. The give you a base value of $35 for it, plus an extra 10% with your More Card, and there is also a coupon for an additional 10% in this months Game Informer, bringing the total up to $42. Not a bad deal, considering the game only costs $49.99 in the first place. Just thought I'd let you all know, in case you are done with Zelda, or have two copies like I did. Oh yeah, and before you ask, the only reason I had two copies was because my uncle gave me the game because he took his son's Wii away until June when school gets out because his grades have gone in the crapper since he started playing Wii everyday. Gamestop is also doing trade in two Wii games get one Free right now, not the best deal ever, but if you got games you don't play, it may be worth it for yourbrown3

I bought mine on sale at target for 39.99!
rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rbrown3
[QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="Link_of_winds"]you uncle is a heartless ****HawksNDoves

This isn't really being a good parent. It sounds like your uncle did NOTHING until he got his kids report card... then he went "oh sh**" and decided on a quick-fix by taking away his Wii. Why didn't anything happen at progress report time? Why didn't he keep in touch with his son's teachers? This isn't terrible parenting... at least he did something but I wouldn't call it good parenting. Oh well... your cousins loss is your gain. 42$ in GS credit (or did you somehow get cash?) kicks ass.

Actually my uncle was on top of it the whole time, when his grades first started to slip he only let him play Wii on the weekends, then he took it away for good. My uncle is the basketball coach at the school, so he is always in contact with all the teachers. Also, he took the Wii away for good BEFORE progress reports came out, he gave me the Zelda game, and couple of other games a while ago, my cousin just got his report card on Friday, and that's when we found out how bad his grades really were
Smogtoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Smogtoe
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts
Dude, your uncle rules!  I did the same with my son.  Not only did I take away his rights to the Wii, but the Cube, DS, and GBA.  No video games, TV, toys, and the list goes on.  When I was a kid my Dad would have burned everything, or smashed it with a hammer!  So you see, just taking the Wii away is not so bad.  Who knows if he gets the grades back up (and keeps them up, of course), he might get another Wii as incentive.  That's what I do with my son. He knows that everything he has is a privilege and can be taken away.  Hell, my Dad took my car away my senior year in high school as punishment one time!  Man, when you have a reputation in high school, you try to maintain it!  But when you're Dad forces you to ride the "Cheese wagon" half the school year........whoops, there goes the rep!  Man, my friends ragged me forever for that one!  But hey I would not have graduated if my Dad had not done that.  Part of my problem was my ego was causing me to think I was too cool for school (sorry, for the pun!).  So me thinking more about my image was causing my grades and attitude to take a dive.  So he rectified that REAL quick!  Call that a serious wake up call!  So it can be much worse....TRUST ME!  
HawksNDoves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 HawksNDoves
Member since 2005 • 333 Posts
[QUOTE="HawksNDoves"][QUOTE="rbrown3"][QUOTE="Link_of_winds"]you uncle is a heartless ****rbrown3

Actually my uncle was on top of it the whole time, when his grades first started to slip he only let him play Wii on the weekends, then he took it away for good. My uncle is the basketball coach at the school, so he is always in contact with all the teachers. Also, he took the Wii away for good BEFORE progress reports came out, he gave me the Zelda game, and couple of other games a while ago, my cousin just got his report card on Friday, and that's when we found out how bad his grades really were

Well alright then. Sounds like he is being a good parent.