Next Switch game you're looking forward to?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Just to kind of get some conversation going among us forum-goers, I'm curious about what you think your next Switch game purchase will be, digital or hard-copy.

I was thinking about getting Mr. Shifty and/or Graceful Explosion Machine this month, but I might kind of put them on the backburner for a bit.

It might be more practical for me to buy the season pass for BotW next, since I will want to spend more time doing other things over the Summer instead of dividing my time between tons of smaller titles.

MK8 Deluxe is also on the way, and I will likely get a copy at some point, but I might actually end up holding off in favor of getting Disgaea 5 Complete next at the end of May.

What do you think your next stop will be on Switch?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#2 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I think either Mario Kart or Splatoon. I want to finish Zelda first though.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Can't wait to try 200cc again and break yet another game.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

lego city undercover just shipped from best buy

then mario kart 8 deluxe

got snake pass (indie) a few days ago

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Mario Kart is a day 1 purchase for me. I can't wait to play that new battle mode online!

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

LCU is debatable. I don't like playing them on consoles w/o achievements because there isn't any incentive to replay the game. Most likely MK8D with the pro controller will be the purchase.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@KBFloYd: On a somewhat unrelated note, how is Snake Pass? I hadn't really heard anything about that until a few days ago, and then I was like, "Oh, there are not one, but two spiritual successors to Banjo-Kazooie!" Disappointing that Yooka-Laylee got a 6, but I'm still interested in seeing how that turned out for myself.

@Solaryellow: You know, I would love it if Nintendo added achievements to their games. It would definitely give people reasons to try out that new Hard Mode on Zelda for sure. O.O; I really loved how the XBox 360 was sort of built around concepts like achievements, it really made them a fresh, new aspect of playing video games. I am actually curious as to why Nintendo has held out from adding achievements to their systems thus far. I mean what have you got to lose? Maybe they're concerned about it all becoming more about competition and obsession, rather than just enjoying a game?

@storm_of_swords: See, that's another reason why I'm kind of thinking about putting Mario Kart off for a bit. I don't have too many people to play the game with locally, and my Switch gives me problems connecting to the Internet at home. I mean don't get me wrong, most of my time with Mario Kart over the years has been playing the single-player circuits, and I can have plenty of fun just playing the computer. But I'd really be missing out on half of the experience of the game with multiplayer out of the equation.

It also makes Splatoon 2 a big question mark for me right now even though I'd love to play that game. Never got to play the first one. But both games are releasing so close together... I would probably have to choose Splatoon over MK8, if I could choose only one online game to play on my Switch. The situation is made even more complicated by the fact that Arms still doesn't even have a release date, and was supposed to come out sometime in Spring....putting it somewhere between the releases of MK8D and Splat2n.

Love the username btw.

@iandizion713: So if you had to choose, if both were to come out the same day and you could only choose one of the two, which would you go for, and why?

Like I said in my above paragraph, I am kind of leaning Splatoon 2 over MK8, but at the same time that is pretty much online-only whereas MK8 I could at least do single-player.

@JustPlainLucas: I remember sitting and playing through all of the CCs on Mario Kart: Super Circuit on the GBA back when it came out. That game was so revolutionary for its time, because it looked nicer than the SNES game and a lot cleaner than the N64 version. It's funny to think how outdated Super Circuit is now though, lol.

I still think - nay, I know - that Mario Kart DS is my favorite Mario Kart game thus far. It just got a lot of things right, and I even loved the look of the blocky character models. Sure, the downside was that people constantly cheated in online races and instantly flew to the end of the track to win seconds after a match began, but despite the poor sports I still had a lot of fun racing other people. One time I remember this person cheated and won, but me and the other players just kept playing and didn't drop out, and just went on like the other player didn't effect us in any way. And it was a really good race too I remember, really close to the end between like all 3 of us or w/e. It was cool how they added online voice-chat to the DS, that made it so you knew you were actually racing a person, and you didn't feel so much like the other players could have just as easily been computers lol.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KBFloYd

@Ovirew: havnt played it yet :P still finishing up zelda and now lego city arrived...

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 iandizion713

@Ovirew: Id go for Splatoon. I love Splatoons single player and multiplayer. Just something special about painting everything.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

MK8, then Disgaea 5

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

splatoon 2 and Mario kart 8 deluxe.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

Super Mario Odyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@J_Ford:I was kind of half-waiting for someone to name a game like this. It's a long wait for your next game purchase! XD But seriously though, do you think any other games might catch your attention between now and then? I mean E3 isn't far off, Nintendo might announce something for between now and then that you'd want to play?

@iandizion713: I'm sorry if I sound noobish, but does Splatoon have like a single-player mode or something?

@KBFloYd: I know what you mean. I actually only messed around on Bomberman R like twice. And with a game like BotW, there's so much you can do and it really dwarfs a lot of other games. Blaster Master fills the old-school remake cravings quite nicely, and Shovel Knight adds a nice bit of new-school old-school into the equation. There's only time for so many games at once.

On a related note, I think Graceful Explosion Machine came out today? I might check it out sometime, idk. I still kind of want to try Snipperclips, but I'm thinking the demo would be the way to go first...

@ArchoNils2: I really like that NIS is supporting the Switch. I mean Disgaea on a Nintendo console is great, and I would love to see Cave Story and 1001 Spikes get a physical release. It guarantees that there will be lots of great Japanese strategy-RPGs and platforming indies alike on the Switch.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 J_Ford

@Ovirew: Absolutely there are other games. We don't currently have a Switch and probably won't be able to get one until later this year at the earliest. I'd like Breath of the Wild, Runner 3, Sonic Mania and Yooka-Laylee. But I have a feeling Super Mario Odyssey will be our first game for the Switch if we're able to get one, I'd love to be able to experience it with our son. We have our third child due at the end of Sept this year and just don't have the finances so we have to be careful about how much we spend, and with the Switch being so expensive we're taking a patient approach this time around and waiting for a price drop or a bundle to be announced. This is actually the first time I've posted anything here in over 5 years, I'm going to try to be more active but no promises :P

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@Ovirew: NIS is my favorite developer, so I'm really looking forward to anything they put on the system :)

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iandizion713

@Ovirew: It has a pretty sweet single player mode with great boss fights. The first game featured one of my all time favorite boss fights in gaming.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34786 Posts

Mario Kart. Can't say I'm excited, since I have the Wii U version, but I am getting it.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I haven't owned a nintendo product since the wii and dsi. So MK8 is a day one purchase for me. Something I can play with the kiddo.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#19 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

It's definitely going to be Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Stoked to take that wherever for some kart action.

Also looking at Mr. Shifty and whatever other appealing indies release.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7373 Posts

ARMS. Yes, I'm serious. It gives me flashbacks to Dreamcast era brawlers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@judaspete:I think I know what you mean. I can kind of see some Virtual-ON/Custom Robo a bit in ARMS, at least a similar sort of approach. I don't know why it makes me think of those two games, is that the sort of game you have in mind or are you thinking of any other games particularly?

ARMS is my most anticipated short-term Switch purchase right now. The only thing is, I just get the feeling it's going to be a June release, and possibly like end June depending on how much they want to polish up the game before release. They'll still probably hit their Q2 goal, but at the same time just barely. And it would make sense, given that the end of April is MK8 and the end of May is Disgaea 5, so they would want to kind of give it its own month in the spotlight, away from most other releases.

@iandizion713: Well that's really good news, I'm more excited for Splatoon 2 now lol. Yeah, I kept thinking these past few years....it seemed like they could make some sort of single-player campaign and challenges and things like that for such an interesting concept. Great to know that the games have such a thing!

@J_Ford: Congrats on the pending third child! And yeah, it's good you're taking your financial situation into consideration there, honestly I've spent more on my Switch in the last month than I was expecting to lol. I have no idea if there will be any bundles, but retailers might arrange for bundles with specific games and things over Christmastime. I don't think the situation with the Switch shortages is as bad as I worried it might be, and since us early adopters got ours already it should makes things easier for everyone else to get their hands on one later in the year. Best part is, you will literally have your pick of games by year's end! I hope you and your family enjoy this curious game system as much as I have been.

@Terrencec06: I remember the Wii's Mario Kart game had decent online, and you could have two players on the same system playing online with other people. So I am looking forward to seeing if 8 Deluxe has everything MKWii offered. I skipped over the releases of MK7 and the original MK8, and I feel like there have been some changes with items and things that will throw me off a tiny bit at first. I think some nice one-on-one kart racing is a great way to have some competitive fun with the offsprings!

@Litchie: So what game are you most excited for on the Switch, then? Or are you just kind of hanging back and waiting for them to make some announcements about something you can be excited for?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34786 Posts

@Ovirew said:

@Litchie: So what game are you most excited for on the Switch, then? Or are you just kind of hanging back and waiting for them to make some announcements about something you can be excited for?

So far, just Super Mario Odyssey, which looks awesome. As soon as they announce a Metroid of some (not bad) kind, I'll probably get as excited as a 5 year old on christmas. I'm also very interested in hearing more about what From Software is doing for the Switch. I'm really hoping for a new F-Zero, but Nintendo will probably and sadly ignore it again.

Other games look kind of nice, but not excitement worthy. Not sure how anyone can be "excited" for ARMS for example. Looks fun, but that's about it. Splatoon 2 looks cool, but it's really Splatoon 1.5. Not very exciting, the exciting stuff has already been seen and experienced. The same as with Mario Kart.

I'm a bit bummed about the serious lack of games on Switch, as I thought Nintendo maybe had learned something. But I knew it would be like this getting a new console early. You should really wait at least 2 years before getting a new console if you don't like droughts.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Mario Kart is the big one for me. I've had my NS with Zelda since launch but it's been hiding in my closet waiting for Mario Kart. Reason being that I want the NS to be the family system. It's secondary to my PS4 so I'm not horribly worried on the lack of games I'm interested in being announced at the moment. Nintendo are pretty well guaranteed to have their staples and that's plenty.

The two month delay in giving the system to my kids has allowed me to plan an incredible day for them. I've put together a clue/scavenger hunt that will take my kids around town to some of their favorite locations. Each clue will be in a paper 2" Mario item box with an item as a secondary hint (they are 4 and 10 years old. My 7 month old won't be able to participate). At many of the locations we'll be having some kind of fun to make for an exciting day such as McDonald's and the park. The last clue will bring them home to find a huge Mario item box (14") with the system, games and accessories inside. I even have a record your own card that will play the Mario theme when they open the box.

I've done a significant amount of planning and it's really coming together nicely.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7373 Posts

@Ovirew said:

@judaspete:I think I know what you mean. I can kind of see some Virtual-ON/Custom Robo a bit in ARMS, at least a similar sort of approach. I don't know why it makes me think of those two games, is that the sort of game you have in mind or are you thinking of any other games particularly?

ARMS is my most anticipated short-term Switch purchase right now. The only thing is, I just get the feeling it's going to be a June release, and possibly like end June depending on how much they want to polish up the game before release. They'll still probably hit their Q2 goal, but at the same time just barely. And it would make sense, given that the end of April is MK8 and the end of May is Disgaea 5, so they would want to kind of give it its own month in the spotlight, away from most other releases.

Yeah, I see it evoking the same reactions as Virtual On/Custom Robo. Also Power Stone, Ready 2 Rumble, Rival Schools, and Star Gladiator come to mind. I miss those kinds of goofy early 3D fighters.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 J_Ford

@Ovirew: Thanks very much :) I can believe that lol. Yeah that's what we're hoping for. That's true, I've never been in that type of situation before where every game will be new at the same time. Thanks, if we're able to get one I'm sure we will. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@Telekill: Wow, that's really creative! You definitely are going the extra mile to make your Switch purchase wow your kids, I hope they have a blast!

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

Mario Kart. Never got around to it on the WiiU, im pretty hyped!

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Splatoon 2, ARMS and Yooka-Laylee are my current top 3 most anticipated Switch games for the near future.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Just ordered my switch with zelda and 1 2 switch, so will be busy (mostly with zelda) until splatoon comes out. Will also be getting super street fighter 2 when its released, its a perfect fighting game for the switch.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

@chipbrooks2313: calm down, its only a game. Im sensing some repressed trauma from your childhood. Someone hurt you didnt they? Someone you trusted, an uncle perhaps, or maybe a school teacher? Its ok to share, youre amongst friends.

bdmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bdmckinley
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts

I've got 4 preordered through Amazon. Mario Kart 8, Street Fighter 2, Skyrim, Mario Odyssey. Just bought Binding of Isaac last night.

bardockdiaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By bardockdiaper
Member since 2017 • 25 Posts

@J_Ford said:

Super Mario Odyssey

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KBFloYd

ultra street fighter 2

arms

splatoon

sonic mania

yooka laylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

I guess my outlook for the Summer is something like this now:

Tumbleseed

Kamiko

Disgaea 5

Arms

Cave Story +

Splatoon 2

and at some point, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

@KBFloYd: When does Yooka-Laylee come out? I'm wondering. I just read this. Apparently they are looking to address many of the complaints reviewers have had about the game by the time the Switch version releases! I already was planning on diving into it, but this makes me even more pleased.

Also, I am really happy Rime was delayed until Q3. I feel like I'm already looking at a lot of games for these Summer months. o.o;

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KBFloYd
@Ovirew said:

@KBFloYd: When does Yooka-Laylee come out? I'm wondering. I just read this. Apparently they are looking to address many of the complaints reviewers have had about the game by the time the Switch version releases! I already was planning on diving into it, but this makes me even more pleased.

Also, I am really happy Rime was delayed until Q3. I feel like I'm already looking at a lot of games for these Summer months. o.o;

i don't know when it comes out. i thought it would be summer. i guess now that i see they are fixing it...it might not get released till fall?

i hope to have it summer but i can wait.... i want to play it on a nintendo console :P

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I won't even consider buying a Switch until Mario Odyssey comes out as I'm sure whatever announcements at e3 will be for games next year. I have a Wii U, and I own all the titles that are on the Switch that I'd want on that platform.

endersdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38 endersdragon
Member since 2013 • 207 Posts

Splatoon 2 followed by Fire Emblem Warriors.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

Xenoblade 2. Most anticipated for me.