new to final fantasy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

delectabledoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 delectabledoz
Member since 2008 • 404 Posts

ive got echoes of time and finding it very hard in the aquaducks .. are all final fantasy games as hard? i dont think this game is any way as good as dragon quest!

plz help

thanks

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

You don't think it's as good as dragon quest because you're playing a crappy spin off game. Stick to the Numerical entries in the series (I recommend IX, VII, and X), and for your spin off needs, go for Final Fantasy Tactics and Dissidia.

delectabledoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 delectabledoz
Ah so are there better final fantasy ones than that for the wii ? or better for the ds?
pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

Ah so are there better final fantasy ones than that for the wii ? or better for the ds?delectabledoz

FF4 (ported to PS1 and GBA; remade for DS)
FF5 (ported to GBA)
FF6 (ported to GBA)

IMO, the SNES was the golden era for FF and Square RPGs in general, before they started to go the styIe over substance" route with FF7.

ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 ZIVX
Member since 2008 • 2981 Posts

Ah so are there better final fantasy ones than that for the wii ? or better for the ds?delectabledoz
yep you're playing one of the worser ones

I would recommend playing FF IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X to see what's so special about the series

Also check out Final Fantasy Tactics

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

You can get IV and VI on the VC as well. (Titled II and III) But if you have a DS, I recomend the GBA or DS versions, since the translation is better. the GBA games might be tough to find for a reasonable price though...

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

(recommending FF8 )

ZIVX

Why would you do that to anyone?

afrodudeman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 afrodudeman123
Member since 2009 • 178 Posts

Im just starting the final fantasy series and I started out on XII

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pixel-Perfect

Im just starting the final fantasy series and I started out on XII

afrodudeman123

I don't think Twelve is a very good example of what the series is like overall. It feels more like an extention of the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance games... being done by the same people and set in the same world and all. But the series seems to be moving in a different direction anyways so whatever.

delectabledoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 delectabledoz
are they all as hard as echoes of time? i want the easiest one.. i was stuck in the aquaducks in echoes :(
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
are they all as hard as echoes of time? i want the easiest one.. i was stuck in the aquaducks in echoes :( delectabledoz
actually echoes of time is a spinoff. it's part of the crystal chronicles sub-series, which is more action focused. the main series are pure RPGs, turn based and all (aside from XII, which is kinda turn based). some of them can be quite punishing, but never impossible.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pixel-Perfect

are they all as hard as echoes of time? i want the easiest one.. i was stuck in the aquaducks in echoes :( delectabledoz

Hmm... to be honest they're all around the same in difficulty.

I recommend starting with IX because it's the most recent game in the series to have that classic Final Fantasy feel to it... (Over ten years old at this point lol) and because it's awesome. If you have a PS3 or a PSP it's a steal at ten dollars. You can get VII and VIII off the PSN too. Unfortunately it hasn't appeared on a Nintendo system yet, but hopefully we'll get a remake sometime.

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lazyathew

I agree IX is a good choice if you have a PSP or PS3. VII as well. VIII I won't recomend, especially if you want easy, mainly because the customisation in that game is very confusing.

If you can play GBA games, VI would be a good choice. From what I've played, I found it the easiest in the main series,and it's really cool. I'm not sure if the VC version is the same difficulty or not.

delectabledoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 delectabledoz
ah so the echoes of time is nothing like the proper final fantasy ones? i have a ds , could get one for that but wanna be able to play it and not find it too hard
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pixel-Perfect

ah so the echoes of time is nothing like the proper final fantasy ones? i have a ds , could get one for that but wanna be able to play it and not find it too harddelectabledoz

If you want one to play on the DS theres always 1, 2, 5, and 6 if you have a lite and the 3 and 4 remakes.

Out of these I guess I'd recommend IV.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
I can really recommend FF IX. It's one of the best games out there.
delectabledoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 delectabledoz
i want an original, are the original totally different to echoes? whats the easiest one on the ds?
delectabledoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 delectabledoz
do i have to level up alot? cos i keep dying in the aquaducts
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="delectabledoz"]ah so the echoes of time is nothing like the proper final fantasy ones? i have a ds , could get one for that but wanna be able to play it and not find it too hardPixel-Perfect

If you want one to play on the DS theres always 1, 2, 5, and 6 if you have a lite and the 3 and 4 remakes.

Out of these I guess I'd recommend IV.

he says he's looking for some that aren't very challenging, and then you proceed to mention 1, 2 and 3 :P
delectabledoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 delectabledoz
im a girl actually :p do i have to level up alot in the aquaducts cos i kept dying early on? found it very hard so may trade it for rune factory
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pixel-Perfect

im a girl actually :p do i have to level up alot in the aquaducts cos i kept dying early on? found it very hard so may trade it for rune factory delectabledoz

The earlier ones in the series involve more grinding than the later games... which Dragon Quest games have you played, anyways?

delectabledoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 delectabledoz
have the other ones got less puzzles than echoes of time? im currently playing sentinels of the skies on my ds and i think its a brill game :)
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pixel-Perfect

Well, I haven't actually played Echoes of Time, but the main entry Final Fantasy games don't really have too many puzzles. I think Final Fantasy 3 would be a good fit because it uses a similar Job system, but like Bruno said, it's one of the harder ones.

So I guess you should just pick one and see if you like it. :P

delectabledoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 delectabledoz
hmm.. id rather get recommended, , i wasted my money on this one cos i dont like it and its hard :( .. are any others like dragon quest? is dragon quest not as hard? like the one i said im playing on the ds ..
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Final Fantasy 9 was pretty straightforward. I would go with that. Hint, once you get out of the forest, you probably want to level up to level 6 or so before going into the ice cavern.

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lazyathew

Yeah, IX is one of the most straightforward games thatI have played.

X has a few very puzzling sections, but no battles to interupt you durring them.

Most games have a few puzzles here and there, maybe some parts where you will be confused as to where you go for a bit, but not a whole lot. the most annoying thing for me is figuring something out with random battles popping up. The 2 games above are probably best if you want to completelyavoid that. But a couple puzzles in X are pretty challenging. And most games don't really have much of it anyway.