New premium Rock Band microphone leaks info on Wii release?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MooCowRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MooCowRocks
Member since 2006 • 202 Posts

I just read this Engadget article...

It shows a new Microphone for Rock Band, which should release some time in the future, although there hasn't been any official word on this.

But the really interesting thing about this article is the Update... Here's a quote from the article... "it appears that the microphone's packaging says its for PlayStation 3, Wii, and Xbox 360, which would certainly be an interesting development, given that we still haven't heard anything official about Rock Band for the Wii."

So here's to hoping... What do you all think?

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

its really getting to late for this game since holiday season is over.

also unless the wii gets a hard drive i wouldnt touch it. theirs so many dlc songs, almost more songs than the game comes with!

it just wouldnt be the same game without dlc.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

They would be crazy to not continue supporting the Wii. Originally Rock Band was a Q1 Wii release, but with the other versions on a tight schedule it quietly lost it's release date. Still..EA looks at the million-selling guitar hero 3:Wii and sees millions in pure profit out of their grasp.

As for storage, get over yourself. This game could have DLC, but it wouldn't be that much harder to go the new Guitar Hero way and just launch new disks with save state carry over. After all..you just need the save file, so it would probably work better than those heinous Dynasty Warrior expansion packs.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kenakuma

They would be crazy to not continue supporting the Wii. Originally Rock Band was a Q1 Wii release, but with the other versions on a tight schedule it quietly lost it's release date. Still..EA looks at the million-selling guitar hero 3:Wii and sees millions in pure profit out of their grasp.

As for storage, get over yourself. This game could have DLC, but it wouldn't be that much harder to go the new Guitar Hero way and just launch new disks with save state carry over. After all..you just need the save file, so it would probably work better than those heinous Dynasty Warrior expansion packs.

SirSpudly

? how could u have dlc for a wii game without a hard drive? i cant understand what u wrote? and guitar hero for the wii dosent have any dlc last time i checked.

nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nosferatu
Member since 2002 • 4292 Posts

Thought ya'll might rather just see it.

MooCowRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MooCowRocks
Member since 2006 • 202 Posts
Oh yeah, thanks nosferatu... I was going to put that in but forgot.
vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts
Interesting, and as for DLC, smash bros will use the SDF card to store the stages made by users, they could do the sam ething with Rock Band
Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Taggsai
Member since 2007 • 1024 Posts
It would be nice. I'd buy it..
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kenakuma

Interesting, and as for DLC, smash bros will use the SDF card to store the stages made by users, they could do the sam ething with Rock Bandvnc20100

no they couldnt songs take up a whole lot more than a couple gb, its impposible and thats why it isnt happening.

Raiden_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Raiden_69
Member since 2007 • 288 Posts

It shows a new Microphone for Rock Band, which should release some time in the future, although there hasn't been any official word on this.

But the really interesting thing about this article is the Update... Here's a quote from the article... "it appears that the microphone's packaging says its for PlayStation 3, Wii, and Xbox 360, which would certainly be an interesting development, given that we still haven't heard anything official about Rock Band for the Wii."

MooCowRocks

wii rules

SHACKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 SHACKR
Member since 2007 • 1226 Posts

Rock Band on the Wii would be soo awesome...

I dont care if it doesnt have outstanding graphics, it's not like you pay attention to the background as much as the notes and when to hit them

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

[QUOTE="vnc20100"]Interesting, and as for DLC, smash bros will use the SDF card to store the stages made by users, they could do the sam ething with Rock Bandkenakuma

no they couldnt songs take up a whole lot more than a couple gb, its impposible and thats why it isnt happening.

Hold on I can save Miis and Smash Stages to my remote or a small SD Card and you think a 3 mb song from rock band would take up like 3 or 4 gigs. My brother has downloaded some of those songs on his 360, it could work. They aren't that big.

Nintendo is good at condensing anyway, I mean Ocarina of Time on the VC is only 8mb.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kenakuma
[QUOTE="kenakuma"]

[QUOTE="vnc20100"]Interesting, and as for DLC, smash bros will use the SDF card to store the stages made by users, they could do the sam ething with Rock Banddarth-pyschosis

Hold on I can save Miis and Smash Stages to my remote or a small SD Card and you think a 3 mb song from rock band would take up like 3 or 4 gigs. My brother has downloaded some of those songs on his 360, it could work. They aren't that big.

Nintendo is good at condensing anyway, I mean Ocarina of Time on the VC is only 8mb.

the songs are a lot bigger than 3mb, they have 4 different note charts attached to them, character model commands etc. it cant be done on anything other than a hard drive and thats why it isnt being done.

and miis and smash data are very small in memory because its not brand new content, its old content the system already has just rearranged.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
YES! I want the drums so bad! Guitar Hero is better for guitar but I'm a drummer in real life and I really wanted this. It definately says wii on the box, upper right corner, I saw it with my own eyes
lilarchie232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 lilarchie232
Member since 2007 • 223 Posts

Thought ya'll might rather just see it.

nosferatu

If you look close enough at the top right hand corner it says wii right on it.

Avatar image for shadimoscouplos
shadimoscouplos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shadimoscouplos
Member since 2004 • 1572 Posts
[QUOTE="MooCowRocks"]

Raiden_69

wii rules

we do dont we...

AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
My guess is that it's just a typo.
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kenakuma

My guess is that it's just a typo.AdRock92

either that or old box art.

Avatar image for Runcola_Uzumaki
Runcola_Uzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Runcola_Uzumaki
Member since 2007 • 145 Posts

My guess is that it's just a typo.AdRock92

That's impossible. What could have they misspelled? Surely there isn't a console named "we".

numbah2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 numbah2
Member since 2006 • 1475 Posts

re are:981 people with my name in the U.S.A.
How many have your name?

SirSpudly

had to try this!

395 with my last name

74,452 with my first name

0 people have my name

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

[QUOTE="vnc20100"]Interesting, and as for DLC, smash bros will use the SDF card to store the stages made by users, they could do the sam ething with Rock Bandkenakuma

dude, if that were true then the game would be about a terabyte on the cd! lol

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kenakuma
[QUOTE="kenakuma"]

[QUOTE="vnc20100"]Interesting, and as for DLC, smash bros will use the SDF card to store the stages made by users, they could do the sam ething with Rock Bandicarus212001

dude, if that were true then the game would be about a terabyte on the cd! lol

i said songs as in more than one, the game has 47 songs so far up for down load online and they keep adding 6-7 more songes every couple weeks!

an individual song is around 20-30mbs!

i just cant see the wii handling dlc of this caliber without a hard drive. hopefully nintendo realizes the need for the hard drive and announces it soon.