New Nintendo Power Publisher?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dekasuperlink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dekasuperlink
Member since 2003 • 375 Posts
I just received my Nintendo Power today. I started reading the Pulse section starting with the signature keynote from Editor Scott Pelland. He wrote what I can only describe as an awkward farewell letter :?. It then hit home when he said, "This issue is the final edition to published by Nintendo of America." What in the World, why would Nintendo not publish their own magazine? He went on to say that FUTURE US will publish the magazine, and provide changes along the way including a holiday bonus issue. I am mad and hurt. First Nintendo gets rid of the forums, then they decide to throw this whammy? And what of the current staff? It sounded as if Scott was saying goodbye for good:evil:. Please enlighten me somebody. what does this all mean?
jupstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jupstar
Member since 2006 • 161 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25942329&union_id=10328

Check out the conversations at this union.

dekasuperlink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dekasuperlink
Member since 2003 • 375 Posts
Thanks
7arek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 7arek
Member since 2007 • 725 Posts
Wow... It really pains me to say it (being a Nintendo gan and all), but maybe all that talk of Nintendo abandoning the core/hardcore gamer is true...
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

Wow... It really pains me to say it (being a Nintendo gan and all), but maybe all that talk of Nintendo abandoning the core/hardcore gamer is true...7arek

Nintendo gan? Sounds painful...

gooflee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gooflee
Member since 2005 • 652 Posts

We don't know if Nintendo was losing money on Nintendo Power. If they were losing money on the magazine, it doesn't make the decision of sellling it off a bad one. Many bookstores don't carry Nintendo Power, and even my local library stopped getting new issues for it.

Nintendo is going upagainst other corporations that have much deeper pockets than it has. If either Sony or Microsoft video game divisions fail, but companys will survive. Nintendo needs to stop any cash losses now while it is doing well, doing it while on the decline will be too late.