New Metroid Game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
If you think about , since they made 2 metroid games on the gamecube , why can't they make another metroid prime(?) game for wii . They can get resurrect some bosses like Kraid and Mother Brain and provide better multiplayer features along with online support . Any thoughts?
Yodas_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Yodas_Boy
Member since 2007 • 857 Posts

They already sort of did resurrect Mother Brain in Metroid Prime 3. And yeah, they could make a second Prime game for the Wii, but Retro Studios is going to focus on something different for a change. Metroid Prime 3 is probably all we're going to get in terms of Prime games this gen; kinda like there only being one real Halo game this generation.

I would definitely like to have another Prime game though, that would be sweet, with or without multiplayer. Having said this, I wouldn't be surprised if we got some Metroid Prime series spinoff, like a non-Retro Studios made game that has a different flavour from the Prime games. Again, there are strong parallels between this and what's happening with the Halo series this gen - the trilogy is concluded, the main studio is moving on for the time being, while the publisher may explore spinoffs with other development teams.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
Metroid Prime was a trilogy, its done now so it won't be a Prime afaik anyway. Retro are not working on the next installment, I think intelligent systems are making the next one. Im hoping for a 2D Wiiware effort this time around, we will see.
Yodas_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Yodas_Boy
Member since 2007 • 857 Posts
But yah, I think we will see another Metroid game on the Wii in some form or another, just not a "Metroid Prime 4" kind of game.
ibra_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ibra_unit
Member since 2007 • 121 Posts
We definitely need an online edition of metroid to fulfill our lust for competitiveness in the online arena.
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
Please put a ? at the end of your topic title.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Well, we need someone else to develop it. And I hope Metroid never has multiplayer again.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

There will be another one, but I have a feeling it'll be some kind of spinoff. It seems logical to start the next "main" Metroid series as a launch title for Nintendo's next console, similar to what they did with Prime on the Gamecube.

We definitely need an online edition of metroid to fulfill our lust for competitiveness in the online arena.ibra_unit

I think Starfox should take up that role. Metroid has too much quality as a single-player series to have an online based installment, imo, as awesome as it would be.

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
a new Metroid Prime will be nice, but the Prime trilogy has ended. so the next Metroid will not have the word "Prime" at the back. the new one will be "Metroid ".
Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts
Prime is over now. I would rather see a new 2D Metroid with wii controls come out, via WiiWare or whatever. See sig.
guyguyguy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#11 guyguyguy1234
Member since 2004 • 968 Posts
i really dont care. I really want a new metroid, I mean i dont care if its a new series or prime. Im just hungry for more metroid and online metroid.
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts

I really don't see metriod as a FPS. It has always been a great action/adventure game, but i think making it a Halo type game would not only take focus away/ruin the story and 1 player modes, but not every game needs to have a multiplayer function. There isnt alot of weapon varity in Metriod games, not to mention what are you going to do, have spider ball wars.

Metriod has more games in 2-d then 3-d and i wouldnt mind seeing a new 2-D game...

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#13 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts

Metroid Prime was a trilogy, its done now so it won't be a Prime afaik anyway. Retro are not working on the next installment, I think intelligent systems are making the next one. Im hoping for a 2D Wiiware effort this time around, we will see.csliney

That sounds as like something i would pay for.

Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

[QUOTE="csliney"]Metroid Prime was a trilogy, its done now so it won't be a Prime afaik anyway. Retro are not working on the next installment, I think intelligent systems are making the next one. Im hoping for a 2D Wiiware effort this time around, we will see.TheAcejoel99

That sounds as like something i would pay for.

Mosdef.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
We will probably have another Metroid on the Wii. Maybe a new 2d Metroid for the Wii Ware or just something completely new.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
I want Metroid 5 for the DS, or Metroid Dread as the rumor was called.
Cancer8u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cancer8u
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts
They cant resurrect mother brain and Kraid becuase the Metroid prime trilogy takes place BEFORE Super Metroid where the introduced those 2 bosses.....
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

They cant resurrect mother brain and Kraid becuase the Metroid prime trilogy takes place BEFORE Super Metroid where the introduced those 2 bosses.....Cancer8u

Mother Brain, Kraid, and Ridley all appeared in the first Metroid.

the_number666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_number666
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
they should jus Remake Super Metroid with the Metroid Prime Formula. FPS format.