New DS for the girlfriend

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SmokinJoe604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SmokinJoe604
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

Hey guy's I was pondering the thought of buying my girlfriend a pink DS , and she loves the idea of it, but I have very few ideas for games for her. I already have brain age picked out , but nothing other than that :( I want to get her at least 1 or 2 more to start her out with, I'm puzzled with the idea on what to buy...she is 23 and it's just an i love you gift in genera. Any tips would be greatly apprciated for games for that age type...thanx guy's

Cheer's !

Moderator's Note: Please keep this sort of topic to the dedicated stickiedDS Recommendation Threadin future. Many thanks.

Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts
You should try Cooking Mama.
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

Try the following, which my girl loved when I bought her a pink DS:

1. New Super Mario Brothers

2. Brain Age

3. New York Times Crossword

4. Tetris DS

5. Mario Kart DS

Avatar image for MOSSBERG_E-Rock
MOSSBERG_E-Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 MOSSBERG_E-Rock
Member since 2004 • 3049 Posts
Animal Crossing
the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_wet_mop
Member since 2006 • 7518 Posts
mario kart is good, and if she likes puzzles, professor layton. my sister nevers plays games and i showed it to her and she kept playing for over 2 hours.
Unohu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Unohu
Member since 2006 • 103 Posts
Being in the older age bracket, I say for women get crosswords DS, the Brain games, The Nintedogs games, And many older people like the Mario games.
xtremetcx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xtremetcx
Member since 2008 • 112 Posts
get her Mario Kart.
tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
Yeah, well here is an idea: Do your own research. I don't mean to sound rude, but entrusting strangers to tell you what to get your girlfriend is pathetic. You obviously have a computer, so go look up "i love you gift in genera(?)" on DS. There is my advice. And to everybody in "genera", stop asking us what you should buy. Its annoying. You have a computer and internet access, so do research, because we are not telepathic and cannot tell exactly what games you like, let alone what your girlfriend likes.
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts
ANIMAL CROSSING BRAIN AGE MARIO KART new smb nintendogs tetris and pokemon any one will do
TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
If you want a co-op game that you can play together get Kirby Super Star Ultra or FFCC Ring of Fates. Both require you to each have a copy but they are both very fun to play with a girlfriend.
Sophia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sophia
Member since 2003 • 567 Posts

Yeah, well here is an idea: Do your own research. I don't mean to sound rude, but entrusting strangers to tell you what to get your girlfriend is pathetic. You obviously have a computer, so go look up "i love you gift in genera(?)" on DS. There is my advice. And to everybody in "genera", stop asking us what you should buy. Its annoying. You have a computer and internet access, so do research, because we are not telepathic and cannot tell exactly what games you like, let alone what your girlfriend likes. tktomo01

Isn't that what he's doing? He's on the internet asking questions because that's how he's doing the research. It's no different than asking a friend what games he can recommend. That's what forums are for and he could get some great advice. If anything, he should probably give us more details on her gaming habits if she has any, but from what I can tell, she might be just starting out so the suggestions that were given are very good.

I'd rather ask people who are enthusiasts about what to buy instead of googling "best DS game gift ideas" to see some lame top 10 list from some online store.

If these threads are coming up too often, suggest that they search through the forum to see the other threads that talk about what DS games to buy. No need to imply that they are pathetic. Let's play nice :)

Suggestions: Professor Layton is a good one, if she likes crosswords that could be another. Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, cute games that you can sink a lot of time into. It depends on her interests and whether she's a gamer or not. Tetris is another good puzzler, so I basically agree with most of the suggestions that were given.