New cool idea- A SUPER MARIO BROS 3D

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts

Well everyone here likes to throw in ideas for new games, especially a mario wii sequel. I decided to throw in an idea i had of mine.

Well, i think a mario we have not seen yet is one like that in super smash bros subspace emmisary. The emissary showed mario and bowser scenes to be more vivid, detailed, and serious. Really i would like to see a mario that played more of that style with real cutscenes like the ones in subspace emmisary.]

My idea is this... Mario tag teams! Well, Obviously you know of super mario bros, where luigi and mario partner up to fight crime. However, this has not been in a real platformer. WHat if there was a SUPER MARIO BROS PLATFORMER where instead of mario you control a luigi and mario tag team. That isnt all . The idea of teamwork with your partner will also be used by villains. Bowser and Bowser jr have teamed up to kidnap peach. Now you and luigi go together to find them. Maybe along the way, you will ,meat other tagteams who will at first fight you but then you can make a pact and use them as playable characters. Wario and Waluigi. DK and diddy. Maybe you could even throw the ability of having luigi and mario pick up rides from yoshi. The worlds would be full 3d sized like the n64 one, and, like is said, the game will be more serious like the subspace emmisary cutscenes.

tagteam ideas could be a sort of style like the one in sonic heroes, but much more improved and "nintendofied". For example, instead of doing a triple jump, think of mario and luigi doing a leap frog stylish bounce. You get the idea.

What do you think. DOnt be mean tho, cus i am just suggesting a cool idea of mine is all

TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts

The cut scenes were pretty much the only good part of the Subspace Emissary.

Even then, it was pretty lame as no one talked.

Well, except for Sonic. The fact that he didn't talk, was very good.

Super_Ska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Super_Ska
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts
pretty good idea in my opinion. I think it would be cool to ride yoshi in a super mario galaxy-type game.
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

your saying like superstar saga in 3d?

Could work. I like the idea of the partners for both you and the villans. I dont like the idea of meeting up with diddy, and donkey (keep them in their own games). Wario and waluigi however could be mini bosses.

So yes the idea is good, but could use a little work

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Oh great, a 3D Mario game. I know just what Nintendo will say - "Let's package it with a pair of 3D Glasses peripherals you need to play the game with!" They might as well just bring back the Virtua Boy XD

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

Oh great, a 3D Mario game. I know just what Nintendo will say - "Let's package it with a pair of 3D Glasses peripherals you need to play the game with!" They might as well just bring back the Virtua Boy XD

Ovirew

? What?

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
[QUOTE="Ovirew"]

alexh_99

? What?

I'm not quite sure where he's going with that.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ms555

Ovirew

what r u talking about.. we are saying 3d like that, but the fact that super mario bros is usually a flat game and should be made into a 3d platformer

AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
It's not that original, as Mario has been in 3d platformers and has been tagged up with Luigi in games that had platforming elements. If I understand correctly, you basically want a 3d mario platformer with Mario and Luigi teamed up so they could help each other out with jumps and stuff.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ms555

It's not that original, as Mario has been in 3d platformers and has been tagged up with Luigi in games that had platforming elements. If I understand correctly, you basically want a 3d mario platformer with Mario and Luigi teamed up so they could help each other out with jumps and stuff.AdRock92

pretty much, but in an interesting and unique way that only miyamoto can do it. I would say, to consider the teamwork put into sonic heroes, but much more improved (cus sonic heroes sucked!)