My Coach games do they work?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

belrock86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 belrock86
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts

i was thinking about getting My Japanese coach and My Spanish Coach for the DS but don't know if they are any good if anyone has used them what is your opinion on them?

Ceraby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Ceraby
Member since 2009 • 3306 Posts

I think it depends on your level. I have the My Japanese Coach and I'm practically a beginner. It tries to cram in as much practical, beginner information as it can which I think is a good effort on Ubisoft's part. They have a built-in phrasebook dictionary, which is pretty handy if you ever need to use Japanese for an emergency ( you click on the phrase itself and the DS will speak out the phrase and even write it in Japanese on the screen for you ).

They don't teach you how to write kanji , katakana or romanji so if you want to know the proper strokes, etc. then you'll need to learn somewhere else. But they do have a sketchpad for you to practice.

Er what else... oh yeah it pronounces words for you so that you can hear the proper way words are being said.

On terms of fun...well studying's never really been fun :P The learning games they put in aren't much to talk about, but at least they tried...

I gave it a 7.5 / 10... Honestly, if you want to learn on your basic Japanese on your own the game seems like a good start. :)

Hope it helps...

dsownge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 dsownge
Member since 2005 • 2393 Posts

I completely agree that learning is not fun at all or is actually hard considering the amount that you need to memorize. So if you buy My Japanese Coach, make sure that you are serious on learning it.

trx1961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 trx1961
Member since 2009 • 280 Posts
they work, only if u have the 3d's: 1)drive 2)determination 3)desire
belrock86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 belrock86
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts

Got My Japanese Coach yesterday and was determined to learn Japanese this game is amazing at teaching you the basic's thanks for everyone's feedback on the game I feel I made the right choice.

Me2nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Me2nice
Member since 2008 • 459 Posts
Hearing all you guy's answers made me want to try it. Now if only I can find it in stores.