More people need to talk about Knights in the Nightmare

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

I just pre ordered the game and i cant wait for June 2nd. Its original, it looks beautiful, it sounds amazing, and the gameplay looks addictive and engaging. Its probably going to be my favorite DS RPG this year.

lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lucifer3999
Member since 2005 • 2319 Posts
it looks really complicated, so i'd imagine it's appeal will be to a very niche audience. niche-er than usual, which is pretty bad for an RPG it does look cool though, i'll definitely check it out
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I've been excited for it as well, but I'm not sure how many others are as someone has already stated I think it's gonna be more niche title than most. Looking really good though.

Spade_Crisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Spade_Crisis
Member since 2007 • 809 Posts

Being a big RPG fan myself, I'll probably pick this up. It adds some interesting elements that makes it moreunique from your usual RPG game (excluding The World Ends With You, now that's unique)

DirtyDozen520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DirtyDozen520
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts
what exactly does niche mean?
Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pdiddy105

what exactly does niche mean?DirtyDozen520

only caters to a small audience.

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pdiddy105

Heres a quote from one of IGN's previews:

This is a game RPG fans should all embrace, and after 60 minutes of play I went from knowing nothing about the game to being a true believer in it, and I'm convinced others will too.

A 1 hour learning curve isnt that bad to be honest, and it certainly doesnt sound very niche despite the complexity.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

Heres a quote from one of IGN's previews:

This is a game RPG fans should all embrace, and after 60 minutes of play I went from knowing nothing about the game to being a true believer in it, and I'm convinced others will too.

A 1 hour learning curve isnt that bad to be honest, and it certainly doesnt sound very niche despite the complexity.

Pdiddy105
IGN guys are like crazy, they can figure out any game in less than one hour. Thats why they always give somewhat high score to DS games. :P
Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

Too bad it looks terrible. The battle system looks like it was made for the sake of justbeing different.

Atlus is just never going to gettired of trying to think up of pointless new add on's to old formula's (when the old ones work just fine)

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

As an RPG-lover I'm natrally interested in it. I also think Atlus is publishing it, so there's another reason to be excited.

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

I haven't exactly looked into getting this game, but from what I've seen it looks rather interesting. I may have to wait and see how I feel about it later down the road.

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pdiddy105

Too bad it looks terrible. The battle system looks like it was made for the sake of justbeing different.

Atlus is just never going to gettired of trying to think up of pointless new add on's to old formula's (when the old ones work just fine)

TalesofRaGnArOk

Ignorance is bliss

Knights in the Nightmareis certainly an intimidating game, but it's really all about a lot of simple concepts all piled on top of each other, and after an hour with the game I not only get the concept, but love it. Once you figure it all out, it becomes a fast-paced, short-burst tactical game that really feels as much like a quarter-dropping arcade cabinet as it does a full-on RPG experience (when in reality it's a little of both). The battle system is easy to get into after coming to grips with the design, and from there each fight is made up of different one-screen arenas, a slew of enemies, and a few heroes to upgrade and battle with on the fly; really fun, and extremely addicting. I'm just scratching the surface on what Knights in the Nightmare has to offer, but already the visuals are simply stunning, the interface and presentation is intentionally "info overload" in nature, but easy to read once you understand it all, and the music is beautiful. For those that really want to learn the game's ins and outs, there's also about an hour of tutorials, lessons, and tips available from the start of the game, so it's clear thatStingknows just how complex their game is. So far though, it has been well worth the learning curve.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

Whatever, i just hope that they don`t blew up mixing different genres in a weird combination like Valkyrie Profile: covenant of the plume, the DS one kinda sucked, the original version was so much better... well to resume the DS version... everything was great in the game, story, music, art... but the gameplay... sadness. (and ign rated it 8.5... GS gave it a 6.5 :P) I hope this is not the case of Knights in the Nightmare.

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pdiddy105

Except both games are/were developed by 2 completely different developers :\

Sting's last game scored a 8.7 at GS....

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
I watched the gameplay video.. and got a headache. 1 hour learning curve maybe fine for a patient RPG fan, but for everyone else that's pushing it.
dsownge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 dsownge
Member since 2005 • 2393 Posts

The game looks really good!

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pdiddy105

New Preview + Vids from IGN

http://ds.ign.com/articles/974/974160p2.html

The guy even claims its one of his personal contenders for handheld GOTY.....this game is gonna be amazing :)

HirOkami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HirOkami
Member since 2009 • 91 Posts
I'm excited for Knights in the Nightmare and Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor but if i could only get one i'd go with Devil Survivor.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

TalesofRaGnArOk

Atlus didnt make this game buddy, it was developed by Sting ;)

And for the record Ive played the JPN version, it feels like a chalenging mess at first, then slowly becomes a addictive epic.

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
I still have no clue whether I will like it so don't plan on getting it until I see some hard evidence that its a worthwhile RPG.