Monster Hunter Tri Multiplayer explosion!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

Just thought I'd share this article with all of you concerning MH3's online multiplayer. To some of you, this info is old, but we already know theirs ALOT of people who don't know about this and probably have the wrong impression about MH3's online multiplayer. So this article provides great information and confirmation of MH3's online setup. I can not wait for this!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/108/1082916p1.html

Online highlights:

--NO FRIEND CODES

--NO Subscription fees (it's a pay service in Japan, but NOT in the US or Europe)

--Wii Speak and keyboard for voice chat or text chat

--4 player online co-op

--2 player local split screen co-op (this is not apart of the main 'story' mode)

--Save anyone you play with on a quest OR approach in the online hub town as a friend (That's the way it should always be for any Wii game!!!)

--DLC (as new quests)

--Play with the character you built up in single player over into multiplayer

--trade rare items with people online

--defeated monsters and some stores provide items that you can use to upgrade your weapon and armor

--it's just good...go get it!!!

Km0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Km0n
Member since 2008 • 337 Posts

i will but its not out yet

HawkEye1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HawkEye1997
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
[QUOTE="Tri-Enforcer"]

Just thought I'd share this article with all of you concerning MH3's online multiplayer. To some of you, this info is old, but we already know theirs ALOT of people who don't know about this and probably have the wrong impression about MH3's online multiplayer. So this article provides great information and confirmation of MH3's online setup. I can not wait for this!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/108/1082916p1.html

Online highlights:

--NO FRIEND CODES

--NO Subscription fees (it's a pay service in Japan, but NOT in the US or Europe)

--Wii Speak and keyboard for voice chat or text chat

--4 player online co-op

--Save anyone you play with on a quest OR approach in the online hub town as a friend (That's the way it should always be for any Wii game!!!)

--DLC (as new quests)

--Play with the character you built up in single player over into multiplayer

--trade rare items with people online

--defeated monsters and some stores provide items that you can use to upgrade your weapon and armor

--it's just good...go get it!!!

MAN!!! I may just have to buy Wii speak for this game.
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

That sounds awesome, I'm glad I pre ordered it.

Knight-Owl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 Knight-Owl
Member since 2008 • 690 Posts

That sounds awesome, I'm glad I pre ordered it.

J_Ford
What he said :P
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
stop hyping it for me :x :P
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
Blah, can't wait. xD But I really hope it's multiplayer works for me. Messed up internet here. -.-
Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tri-Enforcer

So far this game will be the definitive online Wii game!

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

i will but its not out yet

Km0n

me too my birthdays 4 days after

shaka_fo00o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shaka_fo00o
Member since 2009 • 735 Posts

MAN!!! I may just have to buy Wii speak for this game.HawkEye1997

Get it with Endless Ocean. Same price anyways (like Wii Play) at the right BestBuy.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

How about the local multiplayer? Anyone know how that works?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

wait wait... does this mean i can voice chat with people i never met?

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

--DLC (as new quests)

Tri-Enforcer

Well from what I've read their's no "real" dlc, everything is already on the disc and "downloading" these missions just unlocks/unhides it.

The online experience is still pretty good for a wii game if not the best out their period!

Anyway for more info on the extra quests I'll post this article courtesy of QJ.net:

"Monster Hunter Triis expecting an April 20 release in North America, but as early as now, Capcompromises limited-time quests and additional hunts as post-launch support.

MH fans in New York will get an early look come April 17th at theNintendoWorldMonster Hunter Trilaunch event, where players get a first-hand taste of the localized online and single-player experience. For hardcore fans, there's also a chance for a meet-and-greet with producer Ryozo Tsujimoto and director Kaname Fujioka.

Event schedules will be posted on the Capcom Unity blog every first Friday of the month and there will be three kinds of quests to take part in:

Event Quests
Up to four players can band together online to complete the Event Quests. The Event Quests offer a variety of challenges on an ongoing basis, cycling monsters of varying difficulty. Aspiring hunters must meet the required hunter rank in order to participate in these quests or work to level up their characters by hunting monsters in either the single player mode or standard onlinemultiplayer modeand attempt to participate when the desired post launch quest appears again. Specialized weapons, including three designed by Capcom's community members, can only be obtained by participating in Event Quests.

Gigantic Monster Quests
Gigantic Monster Quests, a distinctive event quest, are only available for one day at a time. Pitting players up against the rare and challenging Jhen Mohran, gigantic monster quests find players on a ship as they battle the massive beast, firing cannons to draw the monster close before attacking at closer range with their customized weapons.

Arena Quests

Arena Quests pit two players against solitary monsters in varied coliseums. Hunters work together to take down the specific massive beasts in either a traditional Monster Hunterformor in a time attack form, offering a higher chance of acquiring value rewards based on how quickly the monster is defeated.

Completing these online quests will give players a shot at picking up rare items which you can take into your regular single-player andmultiplayer games. So...we'll catch you online then?" -QJ.net

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tri-Enforcer

How about the local multiplayer? Anyone know how that works?

bobcheeseball

This link should give you an idea of how the local multiplayer works:http://www.gamespot.com/wii/rpg/monsterhunter3/news.html?sid=6251833&mode=previews

The local multiplayer only has you playing with a friend inside of an arena against a fierce beast and is in split screen, so the visuals take a dip. I won't be using local multiplayer very much, but it's nice that its there for those who care for it.

I will spend my time in single player and online multiplayer where I have one screen to myself and better visuals!

wait wait... does this mean i can voice chat with people i never met?

KBFloYd

Yes you can!!! No friend codes required for voice chat. If you see a Wii Speak icon over a player's character then you can go up to them and voice chat! (This is when you're in the village, during a quest I don't have to be near each other)

Steel_Rain777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16 Steel_Rain777
Member since 2007 • 1776 Posts

Seeing as how I wont be spending60 bucks on the new 5-hour long splinter cell, Ill be spending it here...Cant wait

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#17 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
I tell ya, mai lil brudda iz like all up in itz grill pumpd n' ready for Ironheart's monsta slaughtering n' online all at the top of the chain and whatnot. 8)
Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tri-Enforcer

Seeing as how I wont be spending60 bucks on the new 5-hour long splinter cell, Ill be spending it here...Cant wait

Steel_Rain777

Excellent choice. My goodness I hear ya! Although MH3's bread and butter is in multiplayer, it's single player is still very very long!!!

Mantleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mantleman
Member since 2009 • 340 Posts

What about splitscreen?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#20 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

What about splitscreen?

Mantleman
2 player co-op split screen as confirmed in Nintendo week. I know right? IT'S AWESOME!!!
Mantleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mantleman
Member since 2009 • 340 Posts
[QUOTE="Mantleman"]

What about splitscreen?

wiifan001
2 player co-op split screen as confirmed in Nintendo week. I know right? IT'S AWESOME!!!

That is beyond AWESOME ITSELF.
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
I am hyped for this game. Will get.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

There is one thing i dont understand. Do the Japanese get something extra for free because they are paying? Better servers? Extra DLC idk something else to compensate for U.S. not having to pay or are we falling short of something? it just seems unreal the japanese pay while americans get a free ride.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
I really want this game, but I can't justify buying it. Not only is my backlog huge, but I have Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for the PSP and I can't say I've gotten very far with it. This version (Tri) will at least have camera controls on the right analog stick making the game much more enjoyable. I probably would splurge if that co-op was for the main story mode as well. But for now, I've got to play the games I already have.
Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tri-Enforcer

There is one thing i dont understand. Do the Japanese get something extra for free because they are paying? Better servers? Extra DLC idk something else to compensate for U.S. not having to pay or are we falling short of something? it just seems unreal the japanese pay while americans get a free ride.

painguy1

There is no catch to it. The reason it is not subscription based in NA and Europe is because Capcom knows that idea is largely unpopular here. Also, MH is not a popular series outside of the US, so Capcom wants to draw in as many people as possible by taking away something that would be a hinderance. They are giving US all the bells and whistles to grow the Monster Hunter brand beyond Japan.

I really want this game, but I can't justify buying it. Not only is my backlog huge, but I have Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for the PSP and I can't say I've gotten very far with it. This version (Tri) will at least have camera controls on the right analog stick making the game much more enjoyable. I probably would splurge if that co-op was for the main story mode as well. But for now, I've got to play the games I already have.LongZhiZi

What you do in single player and online multiplayer effects each other. If I upgrade my character in single player, I can bring that same character over into multiplayer. Also, upgrades that I get in multiplayer after playing quests with friends, I can enjoy those rare spoils and use those in single player! I think you can take your upgraded character and use it in local multiplayer as well. So although you dont play the 'story' with anyone, you do play other modes with other people that benefit your character in single player. Also, there's not much of a 'story', this is Monster Hunter afterall. So in a away, you are playing the story with others.

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tri-Enforcer

[QUOTE="Tri-Enforcer"]

--DLC (as new quests)

kenakuma

Well from what I've read their's no "real" dlc, everything is already on the disc and "downloading" these missions just unlocks/unhides it.

The online experience is still pretty good for a wii game if not the best out their period!

Anyway for more info on the extra quests I'll post this article courtesy of QJ.net:

"Monster Hunter Triis expecting an April 20 release in North America, but as early as now, Capcompromises limited-time quests and additional hunts as post-launch support.

MH fans in New York will get an early look come April 17th at theNintendoWorldMonster Hunter Trilaunch event, where players get a first-hand taste of the localized online and single-player experience. For hardcore fans, there's also a chance for a meet-and-greet with producer Ryozo Tsujimoto and director Kaname Fujioka.

Event schedules will be posted on the Capcom Unity blog every first Friday of the month and there will be three kinds of quests to take part in:

Event Quests
Up to four players can band together online to complete the Event Quests. The Event Quests offer a variety of challenges on an ongoing basis, cycling monsters of varying difficulty. Aspiring hunters must meet the required hunter rank in order to participate in these quests or work to level up their characters by hunting monsters in either the single player mode or standard onlinemultiplayer modeand attempt to participate when the desired post launch quest appears again. Specialized weapons, including three designed by Capcom's community members, can only be obtained by participating in Event Quests.

Gigantic Monster Quests
Gigantic Monster Quests, a distinctive event quest, are only available for one day at a time. Pitting players up against the rare and challenging Jhen Mohran, gigantic monster quests find players on a ship as they battle the massive beast, firing cannons to draw the monster close before attacking at closer range with their customized weapons.

Arena Quests

Arena Quests pit two players against solitary monsters in varied coliseums. Hunters work together to take down the specific massive beasts in either a traditional Monster Hunterformor in a time attack form, offering a higher chance of acquiring value rewards based on how quickly the monster is defeated.

Completing these online quests will give players a shot at picking up rare items which you can take into your regular single-player andmultiplayer games. So...we'll catch you online then?" -QJ.net

Man that's great info about some of the online quests. I take it that these defer from the standard online co-op mode?

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kenakuma

Man that's great info about some of the online quests. I take it that these defer from the standard online co-op mode?

Tri-Enforcer

Sounds like it, they said certain rare items will only be obtainable this way!

knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

stoked!!!!

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I must say, Normally I'm an SNK guy but Capcom has been on a roll lately. Go Capcom!!! :D :D :D

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tri-Enforcer

[QUOTE="Tri-Enforcer"]

kenakuma

Rare items for such quests and just playing with others for such hunts is incentive enough to try those online quests. Man, I can't wait for this. I'll be hitting you up to join me online! Do you have Wii Speak?

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tri-Enforcer

Nice to see MH3 getting some solid review scores! It deserves it.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kenakuma

[QUOTE="kenakuma"]

[QUOTE="Tri-Enforcer"]

Tri-Enforcer

Rare items for such quests and just playing with others for such hunts is incentive enough to try those online quests. Man, I can't wait for this. I'll be hitting you up to join me online! Do you have Wii Speak?

Yeah, I got a hold of a wii speak from someone for this game.

I'm still trying to get good enough at this game.

Still can't get past the 2nd guy in the demo, tried a couple more times again today, gonna try again later tonight.

I have it pre-ordered so I'll have it at launch!

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I have pre-ordered the Monster Hunter Tri Limited Hunter Pack, which comes with Wii Speak, Classic Controller Pro, and a Lagiacrus Figurine, and because I pre-ordered it from GAME, I should also get the Rathalos Figurine pre-order bonus, Man Monster Hunter is awesome and I am so excited to start a brand new hunt, and hopefully I'll see you guys online.
Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tri-Enforcer

[QUOTE="Tri-Enforcer"]

[QUOTE="kenakuma"]

kenakuma

Yeah, I got a hold of a wii speak from someone for this game.

I'm still trying to get good enough at this game.

Still can't get past the 2nd guy in the demo, tried a couple more times again today, gonna try again later tonight.

I have it pre-ordered so I'll have it at launch!

Oh cool, then I guess we'll be chatting online soon enough! Are you going to get the CC Pro? I like the remote/nunchuck scheme over the original CC, but maybe the Pro will change my mind.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

Okay now I have to get this game. :P

I'm glad that you can build up your character in singleplayer and put it in multiplayer.

Text chat is very nice too. No friend codes is PERFECT.

Nintendo should do things like this. Capcom knows what most people want.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kenakuma

Oh cool, then I guess we'll be chatting online soon enough! Are you going to get the CC Pro? I like the remote/nunchuck scheme over the original CC, but maybe the Pro will change my mind.

Tri-Enforcer

Where I pre-ordered it they said their was only one version of the game and it came with the pro so I pretty much had to get it.

Wasn't a bad deal though considering the pro is worth $20 but is only $10 with the game, then you add the fact GS takes $5 off the game when you re-order it and gives you a free 500 wii points so in a way I'm kinda getting it for free! :P

I prefer the CC scheme personally and I already have a cc but seeing as how the game gives you such a good deal with the pro its worth getting imo, that and the fact my 360/PS3 ferinds prefer the cc and now they'll be able to play this game with me on split screen co-op as I'll have 2 CCs!

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Tri-Enforcer

[QUOTE="Tri-Enforcer"]

kenakuma

Where I pre-ordered it they said their was only one version of the game and it came with the pro so I pretty much had to get it.

Wasn't a bad deal though considering the pro is worth $20 but is only $10 with the game, then you add the fact GS takes $5 off the game when you re-order it and gives you a free 500 wii points so in a way I'm kinda getting it for free! :P

I prefer the CC scheme personally and I already have a cc but seeing as how the game gives you such a good deal with the pro its worth getting imo, that and the fact my 360/PS3 ferinds prefer the cc and now they'll be able to play this game with me on split screen co-op as I'll have 2 CCs!

Oh ok, I'm still getting the Pro regardless, but I'll see if it will be my preferred choice.

Awesome, I just saw an MH3 commercial during an NBA game! Well, hopefully it gets heavy rotation.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Sounds like the best online Wii game. I doubt it will sell well though. I think Capcom will end up losing money and up blaming the Wii.