Monado: Beginning of the World

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Donutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Donutta
Member since 2002 • 14227 Posts

Honestly, I'm not surprised that no one in here is talking about this. It wasn't shown at the conference, and GameSpot's show floor footage seems to be neglecting a lot of titles. I actually found out about it by stumbling around on Nintendo's own E3 site. You can find a trailer here.

According to, ahem, IGN:

"Gameplay appears to be open-world, where you'll traverse lush jungles, glowing forests, climb sheer walls, and encounter the crumbling remains of a conquered people. It looks nicely textured and details pop, animating at what looks like a smooth 30 fps.

Players will pick up two partners in their travels, and while combat initially looks turn-based, we saw all three party members attacking simultaneously. Transitions into combat are completely seamless; characters approach enemies, draw weapons, and it's on. One scene showed your team (wielding much smaller edged weaponry) surrounding a lizard-man enemy, who didn't make much of a dent in their lifebars before it was downed. A much larger lizard-man (a good twenty feet tall) and giant mutant crab monster probably fared better."

The video certainly had me intrigued. It might turn out to be completely crap, but at least it's an original IP and an RPG to boot. Not too many of them on the Wii.

Thoughts and comments?

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
Any word on who the developer is?
Donutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Donutta
Member since 2002 • 14227 Posts
Any word on who the developer is? Devil-Itachi
None, sorry. All I can work out is that Nintendo is the publisher.
tommy--F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tommy--F
Member since 2008 • 502 Posts

Looks cool

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Any word on who the developer is? Devil-Itachi
Monolith, if I recall correctly.
Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
It looks really nice.
Unkoil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Unkoil666
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts

Looks great! With Yasumi Matsuno (Vagrant Story) helping Nintendo produce, it should turn out to be a fantastic game. This, combined with all the games shown at E3 (even though we already knew about half of them), has me extremely excited and optimistic about the next year and a half for Wii. There are some great games coming down the pipe. Why are people still complaining?

sicteliko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 sicteliko
Member since 2005 • 479 Posts
Wow! This game looks great! Monolith is a great developer (Baten Kaitos), so I'll definitely keep an eye on this!
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
Wow! This game looks great! Monolith is a great developer (Baten Kaitos), so I'll definitely keep an eye on this! sicteliko
mmm personally im not liking that much the designs , they look a bit on the old tech side of things, of course it can improve. But i think ARF is kind raising the bar for rpg visuals on wii and ,this game needs to polish quite a bit.
The_Milton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Milton
Member since 2009 • 28 Posts

At last when I heard nintendo purchased monolith I was so excited but as the years went by and the only thing I heard from him was disaster. Now I played xenogears, vagrant stories, the xenosaga series which is my favroite series of all time, and the first baten kaitos so I know this is gonna be big they are good with stories, I'm not a huge fan of these graphics but this could be the defining wii rpg series....wow I need a girl friend but seriously this could be awesome.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

At last when I heard nintendo purchased monolith I was so excited but as the years went by and the only thing I heard from him was disaster. Now I played xenogears, vagrant stories, the xenosaga series which is my favroite series of all time, and the first baten kaitos so I know this is gonna be big they are good with stories, I'm not a huge fan of these graphics but this could be the defining wii rpg series....wow I need a girl friend but seriously this could be awesome.

The_Milton
yeah if the gameplay is good enough, i can forgive the graphical aspect(the environments are ok, is the models looking mid ps2ish), and dive happily into gameplay.i collected every wii rpg(not too many of those yet).
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts
Nintendo published Wii RPG... how could we lose?
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

[QUOTE="Devil-Itachi"]Any word on who the developer is? OreoMilkshake

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but the developer is Sandlot.

This is not the first game Nintendo developed for them (they did a mech game on DS), but a lot of people will know them for the Earth Defense Force series.

And to those who talked about playing all the Monolith games. Go buy this now or stop bragging about it.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
after i saw the video on nintendo channel i fell in love with the game and i can't wait for the release
The_Milton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Milton

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"][QUOTE="Devil-Itachi"]Any word on who the developer is? SirSpudly

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but the developer is Sandlot.

This is not the first game Nintendo developed for them (they did a mech game on DS), but a lot of people will know them for the Earth Defense Force series.

And to those who talked about playing all the Monolith games. Go buy this now or stop bragging about it.

:shock: are you serious where did you hear that? most sites I've seen say monolith it's not that I don't believe you I just wanna see the source.

The_Milton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Milton

Alright time to end this here's the link nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2009/details/wii_monado.html you betta believe it monolith the rpg kings are making it!! and yes I do wanna get that game I've alwaysed wanted to play an rpg based on boobies.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
wow.. this actually looks great.... thx... one to keep an eye on... my poor pocket

Looks great! With Yasumi Matsuno (Vagrant Story) helping Nintendo produce, it should turn out to be a fantastic game. This, combined with all the games shown at E3 (even though we already knew about half of them), has me extremely excited and optimistic about the next year and a half for Wii. There are some great games coming down the pipe. Why are people still complaining?

Unkoil666
nintendo producing!!! ? link? that would mean that it would not be cancel and it could actually get to NA shore.. :)
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
is this really coming out this month? thats how its listed on gamespot...
Unkoil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Unkoil666
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts

wow.. this actually looks great.... thx... one to keep an eye on... my poor pocket [QUOTE="Unkoil666"]

chang_1910

nintendo producing!!! ? link? that would mean that it would not be cancel and it could actually get to NA shore.. :)

Sorry, need to clarify. It's "published" by Nintendo, being developed by Monolith, and produced with help from Matsuno.

Link

Link2

ganga_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 ganga_
Member since 2007 • 790 Posts
doesnt look bad, but not my style of game
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 elbert_b_23
is this really coming out this month? thats how its listed on gamespot...starwarsjunky
you can't trust gamespots release i am not sure if the game is coming out this year ign has it tba, gamestop doesn't have it listed nintendo channel has only a video and no information on it
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 starwarsjunky

but why would they put a date with it if they didnt know something?

EDIT: im not saying i believe it, just that itd be awesome if it were true

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#23 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Looks ace! Hopefully Monolith and Nintendo bring it Stateside *cough*Disaster*cough*.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 elbert_b_23
i don't know why they do that but thy have done that in the past with small games
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 starwarsjunky
stupid interns making the game pages =P