Missing Something?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

colonel_beeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 colonel_beeb
Member since 2006 • 2020 Posts

I've really enjoyed my DS ever since i bought it. Every game i have has pretty much been completed to its fullest but now im getting a little bored. The problem now is that when i look in my collection i just dont see enough variety and if i were to pick one genre that was not being represented properly i would have to say that racing games are difficult to come by. Not just normal racing games either, i need good racing games. If you look at al nintendos other handhelds and consoles you see a healthy number of racing games, F-zero, wave race, 1080, mario kart, but so far all we have on the DS is the latter and a couple of fairly bland racing titles including ridge racer and asphalt gt. Sure we have that create-a-race game coming soon but to be honest a new f-zero or similar racing game would be much more appreciated. I was told that hover racing games really died in the late nineties and that only f-zero and wipeout survived because of their cult status so why hasnt Nintendo let its best hovercraft franchise grace the DS? Anywone got any thought?

P.S. Why are Nintendo and retrostudios giving us mixed signals about metroid dread?

Avatar image for koopatroopa1015
koopatroopa1015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 koopatroopa1015
Member since 2006 • 1862 Posts
F-Zero on the DS would be amazing.
Ellimist314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Ellimist314
Member since 2007 • 1375 Posts
The DS still has plenty of time to come out withanother racing game. Just because F-Zero hasn't been announced yet doesn't mean it won't come to the DS.
urahara9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 urahara9
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

@ colonel_beeb

yeah, i was thinking about that too. i know that my DS has been really good but whenever i look at the game library/genre, there's this feeling that there is something missing: more racing games. there's still time for good racing games to come out. and F-Zero? i guess that'll be one of Nintendo's secret weapons... let's just wait for now. i'm pretty sure it'll come out somewhen. well, it came out for the GBA, didn't it? so, there's no big reason for it not to come out for DS.

mtburdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mtburdell
Member since 2007 • 998 Posts
I liked Asphalt urban GT2 and had alot of fun with it for awhile but i guess the main problem was it was just too easy to win. This isn't system comparisons area but that's the reason i realized the DS has it's strengths and maybe another handheld has their's...in fact check the reviews for what i'm talking about and you'll see about 3 or 4 racers that are top notch. I love my DS but why not take advantage of the best of both worlds? -There are though a bunch of racing titles coming out for the DS between now and Chistmas so hopefully some of them will be worth getting.
Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts
It makes sense that F-zero will come to DS, it just might be a while. There was one for GBA and hell, I think there was even one for Gamecube. Until then, you need to pick up 'Rock and Roll Racing' for either Snes or GBA.
Joshunar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Joshunar
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
you guys never once mentioned mario kart for the ds. that game' great. theres some racing game with a wolf and the pictures kinda looked like a hover game.
Joshunar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Joshunar
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts

you guys never once mentioned mario kart for the ds. that game' great. theres some racing game with a wolf and the pictures kinda looked like a hover game.Joshunar

sorry about the typos

colonel_beeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 colonel_beeb

you guys never once mentioned mario kart for the ds.Joshunar

Yes, i did mate. If you read the first post again you should see that i clearly say mario kart and then say that apart from mario kart there are no descent racers on the DS. The reason no one else mentioned it was because my post wasnt addressing the fact that mario kart was great. My post is addressing the distinct lack of good racers on the DS.

Sr_Mateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sr_Mateus
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts

[QUOTE="Joshunar"]you guys never once mentioned mario kart for the ds. that game' great. theres some racing game with a wolf and the pictures kinda looked like a hover game.Joshunar

sorry about the typos

Hi, Joshunar. You can edit your post by selecting the "edit" option in the box in the down right corner of your posts.
Avatar image for Denjin_hadouken
Denjin_hadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Denjin_hadouken
Member since 2007 • 5927 Posts
I want a street fighter ds now....
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
F-zero on the DS would be nice, espicially for the Wifi play. Would make F-zero bigger then it is now.
colonel_beeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 colonel_beeb

F-zero on the DS would be nice, espicially for the Wifi play. Would make F-zero bigger then it is now.WSGRandomPerson

If they did do it i hope they would add the ring of death and the random course generator.