Might buy a Wii-U at launch, but i have a few Q's first...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

Q1- will i be able to play every single game (1st party, 3rd Party, Virtual Console games, etc) from the Wii-U's gamepad? or is it only a select few titles, depending if 3rd party devs implement in there games?

Q2- Do you guys know the Max distance you can be from the Wii-U to the Gamepad? (like for example, say my Wii-U is downstairs and i want to bring my Gamepad upstairs to play..will that work) or did they not announce this yet..

Q3- Is the Wii-U the same size of the Wii? (this question has nothing to do with my purchase, im just curious cuz from the pictures i've seen it looks about the same size *width* wise but im not to sure about the *length*)

Thanks in advance =)

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

1. It depends on the game. Developers have said that it's easy to get a game to display on the GamePad, but it's not a feature that's suitable for ALL games. Though a good amount of launch titles will have 'Off-TV play' supported.

2. Not sure. It'll probably have a max distance similar to a Wii Remote (around 30 ft) so you might be able to go into a different room, but in pretty much every video that they've shown so far the GamePad and the console are in the same room.

3. The Wii U is approximately 1.8 inches high, 10.5 inches deep and 6.8 inches long, while the Wii was 1.73 inches high, 8.48 inches deep and 6.18 inches long. It's longer and deeper than the Wii was -- yet it still has a fairly compact design.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Q1- will i be able to play every single game (1st party, 3rd Party, Virtual Console games, etc) from the Wii-U's gamepad? or is it only a select few titles, depending if 3rd party devs implement in there games?

Q2- Do you guys know the Max distance you can be from the Wii-U to the Gamepad? (like for example, say my Wii-U is downstairs and i want to bring my Gamepad upstairs to play..will that work) or did they not announce this yet..

Q3- Is the Wii-U the same size of the Wii? (this question has nothing to do with my purchase, im just curious cuz from the pictures i've seen it looks about the same size *width* wise but im not to sure about the *length*)

Thanks in advance =)

LP4EVA2005

1. From the looks of it, the launch line-up of games and the games known to be coming shortly after the launch, will all support gaming on the gamepad, though I am unsure if some of the games will still require the TV, to be honest we dont really know. As for Wii games, they havent really touched on this, but I would imagine that it is possible to play all of its games on the Wii U gamepad (that includes WiiWare and Virtural console) with the exception of possibly the games that require alot of motion. But again we havent really been told this yet either.
  2. The max distance hasnt really been announced, though I would imagine that what you want to do, as long as your house isnt too big, lol, it should work. But of course, just like with any wireless device, the more walls between you and whatever is sending the signal, the weaker it'll be.
  3. The Wii U, when compaired to the Wii, has curved edges, is pretty much the same width, if not slightly wider. As for the length, it is way longer than the Wii from the looks of it, and it also looks like it might be longer than the xbox 360, lol.

Most if not all of your questions could be answered Sept the 13th.

Lems_R_Tools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lems_R_Tools
Member since 2012 • 247 Posts

:lol: are you seriously going to spend $300+ for a Kids fisher price toy? hope your money is well spent playing nothing but mario games and third pary games that you can get on the PS3/360/PC LOL

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#5 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

:lol: are you seriously going to spend $300+ for a Kids fisher price toy? hope your money is well spent playing nothing but mario games and third pary games that you can get on the PS3/360/PC LOL

Lems_R_Tools

GTFO forum invader :x Read the rules!!

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Thanks in advance =)

LP4EVA2005

Q1 - You will find that WiiU gamepad is the main controller..so all games will be develop around that...tho probably not all will use *all* functions of gamepad. Sadly tho since the gamepad is the main controller now..the wiimote will probably be banish the depth of darkness by 3rd party imo.

As stated gotta wait till Sept 13 for the rest..

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

1: Not sure about Virutal Console games. But EVERY actual game you buy whether its on a disc or digital from the Wii U store will be able to be played on the controller. That is a point of the system. Has nothing to do with devs. They get to chose what special things you can do with the gamepad for their game but as for playing the game itself on the gamepad all games will be able to do that.

2: 30 feet.

3: Bigger then the Wii but not by alot.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Master_Of_Fools

Rayman Legends, and ZombiU would like a word with you. Those are two 3rd party games you wont get. Dont be butt hurt that you will miss out on the next gen of gaming for 2 years till the 720 and PS4 come out. Just cause you think some people will tease you for playing a Nintendo System. F-off troll. Nintendo regains its title as King Of Gaming with the 8th Gen.

Lems_R_Tools

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JollyGreenOne

1: Not sure about Virutal Console games. But EVERY actual game you buy whether its on a disc or digital from the Wii U store will be able to be played on the controller. That is a point of the system. Has nothing to do with devs. They get to chose what special things you can do with the gamepad for their game but as for playing the game itself on the gamepad all games will be able to do that.

Master_Of_Fools

Your first answer isn't completely true.

Here's what Reggie Fils-Amie said about the feature, during an interview with Kotaku:

"The ability to view and play Wii U games on the GamePad screen rather than on a TV screen is a "capability [that] is there for every game but it's a developer's choice if they want that to be part of the experience." Nintendo calls it Off-TV Play and the feature will likely be flagged on Wii U game boxes."

There are some games that require you to use a TV and GamePad at the same time, some examples include ZombiU, Nintendo Land, Project P-100 and Game & Wario. As you can see; certain games have gameplay designed around two screens, and using one screen would make them nearly unplayable if they aren't designed for it.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Master_Of_Fools

Nope disagree.

[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

JollyGreenOne

Here's what Reggie Fils-Amie said about the feature, during an interview with Kotaku:

"The ability to view and play Wii U games on the GamePad screen rather than on a TV screen is a "capability [that] is there for every game but it's a developer's choice if they want that to be part of the experience." Nintendo calls it Off-TV Play and the feature will likely be flagged on Wii U game boxes."

There are some games that require you to use a TV and GamePad at the same time, some examples include ZombiU, Nintendo Land, Project P-100 and Game & Wario. As you can see; certain games have gameplay designed around two screens, and using one screen would make them nearly unplayable if they aren't designed for it.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Master_Of_Fools

Nope disagree.

JollyGreenOne

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Master_Of_Fools

Nope disagree.

JollyGreenOne

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JollyGreenOne

Nope disagree.

[QUOTE="JollyGreenOne"]

Master_Of_Fools

You disagree with Nintendo about how a feature works on their own system? :o Well... Okay then. :P

shmuklidooha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 shmuklidooha
Member since 2012 • 47 Posts
I think it's going to be a bit strange to get used to, but in the long term it shouldnt be a big deal.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Thanks in advance =)

LP4EVA2005

Q1 all games will used the wiiU gamepad.... mandatory... its the main controller!

Q2 dont know... youll know after someone has it...a person on this thread said 30feet.

Q3 the wiiU is a little longer...they are almost the same size.