MGS3D: Issues as a stealth game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts
I really feel like I'm playing this game incorrectly. The characters constantly emphasize that this is a stealth mission but I'm not doing a whole lot of stealth. Everytime I play the game as intended (being stealthy) I always end up getting caught. However, I usually end up fixing the situation by pulling out my machine gun or shotgun and then shooting everyone in the room rather easily. This makes the game feel more like a mindless shooter rather than the intelligent stealth game I expected. As a result, it's not very fun. The game feels a lot easier to play as a shooter rather than a stealth game and I'm not penalized for just shooting everyone. So how am I supposed to fix these issues and make the game fun to play?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
being allowed to use the gun doesn't mean it's not stealth. your rank will be lowered by killcount and number of spots, among other things. forced stealth (hide or die) is stupid.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

the first metal gear solid on ps1 is a true stealth game...maybe play that first then go back to MGS 3 to better understand the game.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]being allowed to use the gun doesn't mean it's not stealth. your rank will be lowered by killcount and number of spots, among other things. forced stealth (hide or die) is stupid.

But it's a balancing issue when the game becomes harder when you play it the way it was meant to be played. I'm playing on Normal right now (the difficulty first highlighted when you start a new game).
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="nintendoman562"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]being allowed to use the gun doesn't mean it's not stealth. your rank will be lowered by killcount and number of spots, among other things. forced stealth (hide or die) is stupid.

But it's a balancing issue when the game becomes harder when you play it the way it was meant to be played. I'm playing on Normal right now (the difficulty first highlighted when you start a new game).

it's harder, and that's why it's more satisfying. thief is a stealth series, no one denies that, but if you want to, you can just fight the guards face to face. it's called "having options".
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
your rank will be lowered by killcount and number of spots, among other things.BrunoBRS
What rank?
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Don't use CPP and your trigger finger will probably calm down. Learn to be stealthy and have some patience.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

It is one of the MGS games that leans more towards action oriented (as does 4)

I really hoped they can MGS3 on 3DS and announce MGS3 in a 3D Collection with Twin Snakes, and Sons of Liberty but alas.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts
That's the point of mgs 3. You can play it any way you want. Try to challenge yourself and try not to get caught, this may make your experience more enjoyable. If they made mgs where if you get caught once it's game over there would be so many people raging on the forums lol ( especially on hard mode)
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#10 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]your rank will be lowered by killcount and number of spots, among other things.Rod90
What rank?

The rank you get after watching the credits and secret ending :P I disagree with BrunoBRS on one thing though. Forced stealth like in Splinter Cell is the only one I feel is 'true' stealth :D
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]your rank will be lowered by killcount and number of spots, among other things.Rod90
What rank?

the one you get once you beat the game. one of the reasons to replay it is to get better ranks.
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
Perhaps try playing the game on a harder difficulty. You aren't punished a great deal on the Normal Mode, but you'll find it harder to fight your way out of problems on higher difficulties.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]your rank will be lowered by killcount and number of spots, among other things.Spinnerweb
What rank?

The rank you get after watching the credits and secret ending :P I disagree with BrunoBRS on one thing though. Forced stealth like in Splinter Cell is the only one I feel is 'true' stealth :D

when stealth is forced upon you, it's usually not a case of "i'm so good i can pass by and no one will notice. i could kill them, but i won't" and more a case of "the game is designed so i'm completely useless unless i follow the path determined by the developer". and splinter cell is rather easy to go guns blazing. and i hate that game.