Metroid Fusion took me 5:00...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

Why is this game not longer?

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

DamianAlexander
Did you get everything in the game? That might take you longer.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

:(

I've been stuck in that part where SA-X chases you forever.

You know,when there's overgrown vegetation?

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Well Metroid games have never been long if you learned how to speed run through them effectively. My fastest was about almost 7 minutes, I think it was like 6:51 or something on the GBA. I've yet to speed run my Ambassador one :P
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DamianAlexander

[QUOTE="DamianAlexander"]

hydralisk86

Did you get everything in the game? That might take you longer.

I didn't use a guide. I simply played through it. The 46% of the items I got where simply from randomly finding them.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

I think it's standard content wise compared to other handheld Metroidvanias, it doesn't last for long because it's very linear.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

:(

I've been stuck in that part where SA-X chases you forever.

You know,when there's overgrown vegetation?

GreekGameManiac

Youtube it!

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
Well, that is why there is 5 endings to it... but for the most part it is a quick game - beats a game with 35 hours of boring and 5 hours of good stuff in it.
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

I got 100% in 6:11 without a guide...then again I played it to death 7 years ago. I remember most things. :p

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

Well Metroid games have never been long if you learned how to speed run through them effectively. My fastest was about almost 7 minutes, I think it was like 6:51 or something on the GBA. I've yet to speed run my Ambassador one :P yoshi_64

7 minutes.

*Double take*

7 minutes!? Are you some kind of Metroid gaming god?

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yoshi_64

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Well Metroid games have never been long if you learned how to speed run through them effectively. My fastest was about almost 7 minutes, I think it was like 6:51 or something on the GBA. I've yet to speed run my Ambassador one :P MLBknights58

7 minutes.

*Double take*

I don't have a time really for the first Metroid haha, if that's what you meant. I felt Fusion was the easiest of the Metroid games I played to speedrun. Me and my cousin and brother would always see who could beat the game the quickest. We had little contests with each other, trying to see how fast we could beat it, and shared our secrets we knew to try and help each other out in a way. Needless to say, that kind of motivation is what made us try hard, I don't know if I could do it again. I haven't tried haha... I never did get 100% completion with a quick time though. Usually it was around 20% maybe cause I just grabbed what was in my way usually.
demon-zer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 demon-zer0
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts

I've completed Fusion with 100% in 1:56 hrs when I played it originally on DS Lite (with GBA cart), but I didn't manage to do it under 2 hrs (100%) with ambassador game :P

And yeah, this game is really short...

DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DamianAlexander

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Well Metroid games have never been long if you learned how to speed run through them effectively. My fastest was about almost 7 minutes, I think it was like 6:51 or something on the GBA. I've yet to speed run my Ambassador one :P yoshi_64

7 minutes.

*Double take*

I don't have a time really for the first Metroid haha, if that's what you meant. I felt Fusion was the easiest of the Metroid games I played to speedrun. Me and my cousin and brother would always see who could beat the game the quickest. We had little contests with each other, trying to see how fast we could beat it, and shared our secrets we knew to try and help each other out in a way. Needless to say, that kind of motivation is what made us try hard, I don't know if I could do it again. I haven't tried haha... I never did get 100% completion with a quick time though. Usually it was around 20% maybe cause I just grabbed what was in my way usually.

How... But... How...

But there are cutscenes... And stuff...

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Metroid is the shortest Metroid game, but don't let this get you down. It may be short, but I think you can consider it to be the more "action-y" of the Metroid games. You can get through that game in less than 3 hours, and close to 2 hours I believe. It's short and fast paced. But at the same time you will need to slow down a little to collect everything. I think it's also easy to replay the game compared to other Metroid games since it's so short and fast paced.

ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
Well Metroid games have never been long if you learned how to speed run through them effectively. My fastest was about almost 7 minutes, I think it was like 6:51 or something on the GBA. I've yet to speed run my Ambassador one :P yoshi_64
You beat fusion in under 7 minutes?..... Please don't take this the wrong way, but I hardly believe that. It is awesome if you did though.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hydralisk86
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Well Metroid games have never been long if you learned how to speed run through them effectively. My fastest was about almost 7 minutes, I think it was like 6:51 or something on the GBA. I've yet to speed run my Ambassador one :P ekalbtwin
You beat fusion in under 7 minutes?..... Please don't take this the wrong way, but I hardly believe that. It is awesome if you did though.

Yeah, sounds pretty crazy. Like someone said, there are cut scenes, and the game is short, but still should take a while.
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Armored_Pillow
Member since 2011 • 84 Posts
my brother got 100 percent in 1:44 minutes.the games not longer because its a gameboy advance game...that should be enough explanation but seriously man you're kinda slow i'm a metroid zero mission guy but i beat fusion faster than that...
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Armored_Pillow
my brother got 100 percent in 1:44 minutes.the games not longer because its a gameboy advance game...that should be enough explanation but seriously man you're kinda slow i'm a metroid zero mission guy but i beat fusion faster than that...Armored_Pillow
wait did you mean five minutes or five hours?
Armored_Pillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Armored_Pillow
[QUOTE="ekalbtwin"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Well Metroid games have never been long if you learned how to speed run through them effectively. My fastest was about almost 7 minutes, I think it was like 6:51 or something on the GBA. I've yet to speed run my Ambassador one :P hydralisk86

Yeah, sounds pretty crazy. Like someone said, there are cut scenes, and the game is short, but still should take a while.

yeah seven minutes? heck no that's impossible without gameshark or AR or computer hacks...
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DamianAlexander

my brother got 100 percent in 1:44 minutes.the games not longer because its a gameboy advance game...that should be enough explanation but seriously man you're kinda slow i'm a metroid zero mission guy but i beat fusion faster than that...Armored_Pillow

The thing in question isn't have slowly I beat the game (In comparison to you), it's that it's rather short. Also, a game being on the Gameboy Advance has nothing to do with it's content. Pokemon took me well over 20 hours to complete. And that's just story.

guitarman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 guitarman89
Member since 2007 • 1485 Posts

What annoys me about the game is I wanted to go back and get all the items I missed after I beat the game...only to find out you can't do that. You have to beat the whole game over again to get all the items. Kinda frustrating because I don't feel like playing the game again and I have a minor obsession with beating games to 100% completion.

And as far as the guy who beat the game in 7 minutes...yeah that sounds really far-fetched, but maybe the game doesn't include cut-scenes in the time it takes to beat the game? I beat it in like 5 hours, got most of the items, and messed around exploring quite a bit and got lost frequently, so I think a super low time is def possible, just not sure if 7 minutes is attainable. If you actually did that though, props.

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

http://speeddemosarchive.com/MetroidFusion.html

These aren't even 30 minutes short let alone 7 minutes, dude that's insane I know you can shinespark your way through the game etc but.. 7 minutes? Whoa o.O

noize_suppress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 noize_suppress
Member since 2011 • 101 Posts

He is just trying to impress people by making up storys. No way could you complete the game in 7 minutes.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34785 Posts
Took me 8 hours to complete it 100%. Good enough length for me. Awesome game.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34785 Posts

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Well Metroid games have never been long if you learned how to speed run through them effectively. My fastest was about almost 7 minutes, I think it was like 6:51 or something on the GBA. I've yet to speed run my Ambassador one :P NirdBerd

These aren't even 30 minutes short let alone 7 minutes, dude that's insane I know you can shinespark your way through the game etc but.. 7 minutes? Whoa o.O

If he didin't mean "hours", he's just lying.

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts
You beat fusion in under 7 minutes?..... Please don't take this the wrong way, but I hardly believe that. It is awesome if you did though.Armored_Pillow

yeah seven minutes? heck no that's impossible without gameshark or AR or computer hacks...

not true at all, i am not a metroid guy but i have a friend that has done it...i take like 12 mins :/
Thaymez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Thaymez
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts

How long should a game last?

DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DamianAlexander

How long should a game last?

Thaymez

Not five hours.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
woah guys we have a world record holder! The fastest record on youtube is 48 minutes I believe. He apparently beat it by 1/7th the time. Mr. Speedy should post a video of his greatness, shouldn't take long it's only 7 minutes.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
wow i am surprised that just about no one heres seems to understand how metroid games work the games are meant for speed run threw them and just about every metroid game made can be beaten in under 3 hours if not faster and the japanese has always been big on making their games spreed run friendly
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hydralisk86
wow i am surprised that just about no one heres seems to understand how metroid games work the games are meant for speed run threw them and just about every metroid game made can be beaten in under 3 hours if not faster and the japanese has always been big on making their games spreed run friendlyelbert_b_23
That may be true, but are you saying going through it fast while trying to get everything?
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 yoshi_64

[QUOTE="NirdBerd"]

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Well Metroid games have never been long if you learned how to speed run through them effectively. My fastest was about almost 7 minutes, I think it was like 6:51 or something on the GBA. I've yet to speed run my Ambassador one :P Litchie

If he didin't mean "hours", he's just lying.

Actually I did mean hours oops haha. I forgot the time counter went hours/mins XD When I posted 6:59 it wasn't minutes but hours... I feel stupid now :lol:
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]wow i am surprised that just about no one heres seems to understand how metroid games work the games are meant for speed run threw them and just about every metroid game made can be beaten in under 3 hours if not faster and the japanese has always been big on making their games spreed run friendlyhydralisk86
That may be true, but are you saying going through it fast while trying to get everything?

its a type of a challenge for a game is the speed run and trying to get all the items as fast as you can if a person can beat a game in under half the time it takes the normal person to beat it then that person got big bragging rights and i will say i never really understood it ether but i respect it
rain_ishigawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rain_ishigawa
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

cant you people detect a lie when you see one? -_- geez ... just opening the startup is already 10 mins ...

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hydralisk86

cant you people detect a lie when you see one? -_- geez ... just opening the startup is already 10 mins ...

rain_ishigawa
Hahah the guy who said 7:00 got owned xD.