Metal Gear Solid for the DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SEKim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SEKim
Member since 2006 • 1142 Posts

I think it's possible. Resident Evil DS turned out okay.

What does everyone else think? Would you like a MGS game either a port or a new game for the DS?

KKx2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 KKx2000
Member since 2005 • 553 Posts
Well, I'd like one as long as it would be original... Actually, the idea of a Metal Gear Solid game on the DS sounds pretty dumb... But then again, the more I think about it the more I believe that it might actually work out.
outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts
i would rather have it for psp :? IMO......
Banczak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Banczak
Member since 2005 • 1672 Posts
I'd love to see it, but sadly, I'm not sure how the touch screen would be used.

Unlike other games, Metal Gear's item system was quite easy to use, and touching the items to select would essentially be purely pointless. They'd have to come up with a way that the touch screen could really work with, like, oh I don't know .. First Person Shooting, like in the newer games.

Also, as much as I hate to say it, after Twin Snakes, it'd feel weird to go back to the old version. But, they'd probably also give it a few extra modes and new features or something .. o.0
SEKim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SEKim
Member since 2006 • 1142 Posts

i would rather have it for psp :? IMO...... outbreak201

Me too. But just asking if you think the DS can handle it?

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

What does everyone else think? Would you like a MGS game either a port or a new game for the DS?

SEKim
1) What does RE have to do with Metal Gear? 2) I doubt it. I think Sony will pay Kojima many many dollars to keep the MGS series exclusive on their systems.
outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts
[QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"]

SEKim
1) What does RE have to do with Metal Gear? 2) I doubt it. I think Sony will pay Kojima many many dollars to keep the MGS series exclusive on their systems.

what he said i only think that the reason y they made a remake for the gamecube is because so if  that people will be willing to buy a playstation and go out and buy the new metal gear solid games because they have tried it out and like the series.
Avatar image for Zanza_Unleashed
Zanza_Unleashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zanza_Unleashed
Member since 2004 • 477 Posts
I've said this multiple times, kojima is working on an unannounced project for ds. So it is possible
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts
[QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"] [QUOTE="SEKim"]

outbreak201

what he said i only think that the reason y they made a remake for the gamecube is because so if  that people will be willing to buy a playstation and go out and buy the new metal gear solid games because they have tried it out and like the series.

Sony does not own Konami, nor kojima, nor the MGS franchise, the reason why kojima made MGS TTS for gamecube is because nintendo asked him to do it and he agreed. With MGS TTS having sold pretty well, I'm pretty sure there's another MGS for nintendo coming :wink:

lukeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lukeb123
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

From what I've gathered from these forums:

1)  The Metal Gear series isn't exclusive to any particular system.

2)  Kojima, the creator of the Metal Gear series, has made a game for the DS, Lunar Knights, so at least he's familiar with the system and knows what it's capable of.

3)   Playing Metriod on the DS made me realize that the graphic potential is there for porting the PlayStation version.

I haven't heard any rumors or anything, but with the increasing popularity of the DS one has to wonder if game developers that haven't looked at the DS will begin to.  Maybe the Metal Gear team will take a look at the DS!

Comments?

apu0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 apu0404
Member since 2005 • 3682 Posts
id be kool to have MGS
THOMASNATOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 THOMASNATOR
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

It would work- with the original MGS being 1.5 GB and the DS being able to hold a 2GB card, it may work!

Touch screen would be good for the minigames.

ta11on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 ta11on
Member since 2007 • 784 Posts

It would work- with the original MGS being 1.5 GB and the DS being able to hold a 2GB card, it may work!

Touch screen would be good for the minigames.

THOMASNATOR

Not 2 Gigs, 256mb.

And I believe it would work, but I'd like it to feature a new character as other than snake to play as.

voltzila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 voltzila
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts
I would be cool with it, but it would have to have some version of the monkey hunting game from the third one.
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

i wrote this a while back but heres how i think a metal gear ds game should be

Id like to see a remake of the original msx and msx2 games metal gear, and metal gear 2: solid snake but id like them to remain 2D with awesome 2d visuals that updates the artwork and atmosphere while staying true to the original gameplay. Making it a completely new experience for the DS would be pretty cool and if it were still 2d it would be different enough to where it wouldn't remain in the shadow of the other games. Many people have never played the original msx games and are only familiar with the lesser nes port that is vastly different from the original and mg2 never made it stateside until subsistence's bonus disc, so bringing it back for a new audience kinda seems like a no brainer. Another thing that would be pretty cool is that if the DS touch functions or microphone were implemented it would most likely stay an experience you could only enjoy on a nintendo system, and they could probably provide some pretty cool psycho mantis like situations with the DS functionality as well.

Toro_Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 Toro_Nev
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts
That would be awesome!!!!
FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
not a bad idea since mgs started on a nintendo console and i think youre talking about gigabits and not gigabyte, 1gigabits =128mb
-_Cloud_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 -_Cloud_-
Member since 2005 • 1851 Posts

SEKim
Yeah true, Resident Evil turned out alright, i'm sure they can produce a metal gear game with those kinds of graphics... But it wouldn't be one of the newer Metal gear's, it will have to be the older titles probably... But good luck on seeing it come on a Nintendo hand held...