Medal of Honor- Vanguard screens! (hint: WAAAAY better than CoD3)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
IGN had a hands on with the game.  This game seems to look good. I'm not sure if any of these pics are above 50k, sorry.

"From the opening real-time sequence, it's clear that Medal of Honor Vanguard employs a much more advanced 3D engine than Call of Duty 3 for Wii, which produced a decidedly washed out, drab look. In contrast, Vanguard boasts deep colors, advanced lighting effects (in darkened hallways, allied soldiers are illuminated with each bang of your gun and it looks amazing) and crisper textures, and in addition it's able to display action sequences with much more going on. This becomes evident from the very first drop into Holland, where players can see groups of other paratroopers floating downward as planes dogfight nearby. It looks very good -- a cut above most GameCube titles, which shouldn't be surprising since Wii is roughly twice as powerful. The game also runs in 480p and 16:9 on Nintendo's console and, according to EA, the Wii build sports improved graphics over its PlayStation 2 counterpart on top of enhanced controls."
http://wii.ign.com/articles/766/766566p1.html

Also, IGN said that the game will support 4 player split-screen multiplayer.  There will be a capture the flag, deathmatch, and 2 other multiplayer modes.  A feature for the controls they added was the ability to just turn around by flicking the wiimote to the left (ala Resident Evil 4).  It makes sense because they said the turning speed was slower than CoD3 (but faster than Red Steel).  Also, throwing grenades was funner than CoD3.
y2kzorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 y2kzorak
Member since 2006 • 381 Posts
Would be nice if those weren't target renders, but in-game. If they are in-game, they look very delicious indeed. In any case, it just shows what can be done if developers would get off their butts and start pushing the Wii's hardware.
Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Shirley_Temple
Member since 2006 • 5927 Posts

Target Renders? :lol:

Those don't look any better than ingame COD 2.  In fact I wouldn't call it better than COD3 Wii.

DTbikerider9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 DTbikerider9
Member since 2006 • 1771 Posts
I love COD3 just got it and still playing it for about 5 days now and I didn't think graphics were that bad MOH will be aweome
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
COD 3 + Multiplayer + different controls = me picking one up.. If that's what it manages to become i'll let the fact that its not online go.. I don't play online much anyway
alpax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 alpax
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts
Whats going to be the unique gameplay features that puts it in a level that WAAAAY better than CoD3 outside of the graphics department? CoD3 gfx on the X360 already looks so great..
arkboy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 arkboy_basic
Member since 2002 • 747 Posts
It looks way better graphically than COD for Wii. Watch the videos and it gives you a better look at it.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 helium_flash
COD 3 + Multiplayer + different controls = me picking one up.. If that's what it manages to become i'll let the fact that its not online go.. I don't play online much anywayShakeNBake1491

Yes, it will 4 player split-screen.  There will be death-match, capture the flag, and 2 other multiplayer modes.

TO the person above saying that these don't look any better than CoD3 on the Wii, maybe you should read the quote i posted.  IGN got to have a hands-on version, and they say it has way better graphics than CoD3 on the Wii.
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
[QUOTE="ShakeNBake1491"]COD 3 + Multiplayer + different controls = me picking one up.. If that's what it manages to become i'll let the fact that its not online go.. I don't play online much anywayhelium_flash

Yes, it will 4 player split-screen.  There will be death-match, capture the flag, and 2 other multiplayer modes.

TO the person above saying that these don't look any better than CoD3 on the Wii, maybe you should read the quote i posted.  IGN got to have a hands-on version, and they say it has way better graphics than CoD3 on the Wii.

awesome... and the graphics are the icing on the cake
DTbikerider9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DTbikerider9
yea whoevver said there should be better controls I dont like you the controls are perfect except for grenades
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 helium_flash
yea whoevver said there should be better controls I dont like you the controls are perfect except for grenadesDTbikerider9

Well, IGN said that Vanguard has a better grenade throwing system than CoD3... so i guess this is your lucky day.
DTbikerider9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DTbikerider9
WOW WIIIIIII! THANKS
omgadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 omgadam
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts

and you can do a 180 turn be simply gesturing left or right with the nunchuk!

I can't wait.

shearMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shearMario
Member since 2003 • 2134 Posts

Finally a develop that actually can be bothered to improve on the PS2 game, rather than just give us the same thing with Wii controls thrown on!

lukeblink182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lukeblink182
Member since 2006 • 45 Posts
Yes!  Finaly A good Wii game that has next gen Graphics.  Devolpers can't just think that they can take a PS2 game and slap on wii controls.  Thank You EA.
Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shirley_Temple
Member since 2006 • 5927 Posts

Just watched the video, the graphics aren't even close to what I would call "good".  I swear it looks like a PS2 game.

shearMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shearMario

Just watched the video, the graphics aren't even close to what I would call "good".  I swear it looks like a PS2 game.

Shirley_Temple

Are you blind or just stupid?

reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
It's looking good.
BaconBallz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BaconBallz1337
Member since 2006 • 3017 Posts
Wait wait, how are the games CONTROLS. You do use the Nunchucks Control stick and motion sensitivity correct?!
shearMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shearMario

Wait wait, how are the games CONTROLS. You do use the Nunchucks Control stick and motion sensitivity correct?!BaconBallz1337

Yes

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
''A cut above Gamecube graphics'', lies. Its confirmed to be only a PS2 port with sharper resolution. None the less the graphics are superior to COD3, especially the lighting that was a joke in COD3. Although the controls and gameplay don`t sound as good to me. If it had online then a definite purchase but no.
greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts
wow i hope this is good im dying for a shooter, mature for the wii. its shame really the wii is totally not what the 360 is getting.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#23 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts
 The gun models and the hand holding it looks pretty drab, but the textures and detail in the character models is alright.
overfeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 overfeind
Member since 2004 • 2984 Posts
[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]''A cut above Gamecube graphics'', lies. Its confirmed to be only a PS2 port with sharper resolution. None the less the graphics are superior to COD3, especially the lighting that was a joke in COD3. Although the controls and gameplay don`t sound as good to me. If it had online then a definite purchase but no.

Wow you are contradicting yourself. You say its not good looking and it has non fun controls , then you say if it had online you would get it. So you would get a game just because it had online even if the online was horrible? What a contradiction.
overfeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 overfeind
Member since 2004 • 2984 Posts
[QUOTE="greenleaflink"]wow i hope this is good im dying for a shooter, mature for the wii. its shame really the wii is totally not what the 360 is getting.

Wii has several "MATURE" shooters.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

I'm sort of mildy looking forward to this and hoping that they can pull off a frontline. Let's be honest here, it really isn't hard to have better-than-COD3-graphics as that game sports some of the worst visuals I've seen in recent memory.

This vanguard looks like an allright  looking current game with great, advanced lighting. And that's a cut above COD3.

shearMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shearMario

''A cut above Gamecube graphics'', lies. Its confirmed to be only a PS2 port with sharper resolution. None the less the graphics are superior to COD3, especially the lighting that was a joke in COD3. Although the controls and gameplay don`t sound as good to me. If it had online then a definite purchase but no.tomarlyn

Where did you hear that?

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tomarlyn
[QUOTE="overfeind"][QUOTE="tomarlyn"]''A cut above Gamecube graphics'', lies. Its confirmed to be only a PS2 port with sharper resolution. None the less the graphics are superior to COD3, especially the lighting that was a joke in COD3. Although the controls and gameplay don`t sound as good to me. If it had online then a definite purchase but no.

Wow you are contradicting yourself. You say its not good looking and it has non fun controls , then you say if it had online you would get it. So you would get a game just because it had online even if the online was horrible? What a contradiction.

Nope no contradiction, I just want an online FPS.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tomarlyn

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]''A cut above Gamecube graphics'', lies. Its confirmed to be only a PS2 port with sharper resolution. None the less the graphics are superior to COD3, especially the lighting that was a joke in COD3. Although the controls and gameplay don`t sound as good to me. If it had online then a definite purchase but no.shearMario

Where did you hear that?

Interview with someone from EA, check the game page. I`d link it but I`m Wii`ing
wii60_lukatoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wii60_lukatoll
Member since 2007 • 1076 Posts
deffinetly picking u-p this game
KJAX90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 KJAX90
Member since 2006 • 8809 Posts

Shirley_Temple

I think we're watching two different videos because the one I saw definitely looked better than PS2. It wasn't amazing, but it shows that devs actually can make a Wii game look good. Plus, read the article, they say it has better graphics than CoD3, and I agree because I have it.

DTbikerider9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DTbikerider9

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]''A cut above Gamecube graphics'', lies. Its confirmed to be only a PS2 port with sharper resolution. None the less the graphics are superior to COD3, especially the lighting that was a joke in COD3. Although the controls and gameplay don`t sound as good to me. If it had online then a definite purchase but no.overfeind

its really not a contridiction like if halo 2 had a reallly s*cky campaign I would still get it for multiplayer contridiction would be if he said its "not good looking" and "non fun controls" and then later in the sentence he would say "it looks great" and it looks like it has "awesome controls"

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
another must get for 07
shearMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shearMario
[QUOTE="shearMario"]

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]''A cut above Gamecube graphics'', lies. Its confirmed to be only a PS2 port with sharper resolution. None the less the graphics are superior to COD3, especially the lighting that was a joke in COD3. Although the controls and gameplay don`t sound as good to me. If it had online then a definite purchase but no.tomarlyn

Where did you hear that?

Interview with someone from EA, check the game page. I`d link it but I`m Wii`ing

According to IGN the game sports better graphics than the PS2 version

dumbasskillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dumbasskillers
Member since 2005 • 95 Posts

Im goin to do birthday on 15 april, ive only got zelda and wiisports, you think i should get this game, or until that time will there be more kewl games?

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
It's all about the controlls,but i don't think an fps will use the wii remote correctly until MP3,Nintendo seem to make games for there consoles that are beyond the third-parties.
SystemShock2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SystemShock2
Member since 2003 • 4172 Posts
[QUOTE="Shirley_Temple"]

Just watched the video, the graphics aren't even close to what I would call "good". I swear it looks like a PS2 game.

shearMario

Are you blind or just stupid?

i'd have to agree with shirley temple. If you think those graphics are good, mario, then you have very low standards.
arvikatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 arvikatarn
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts
coolio
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tomarlyn
[QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="shearMario"]

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]''A cut above Gamecube graphics'', lies. Its confirmed to be only a PS2 port with sharper resolution. None the less the graphics are superior to COD3, especially the lighting that was a joke in COD3. Although the controls and gameplay don`t sound as good to me. If it had online then a definite purchase but no.shearMario

Where did you hear that?

According to IGN the game sports better graphics than the PS2 version

Yeah sharper graphics, you going to believe IGN or the people making the game? Trust me I want to see something using Wii's full power but this isn't it, its a PS2 game with extra frosting. Not like thats stopped me buying COD3 though.

Ahh:

GS: Will there be any technical differences between the two versions? Different graphical effects or anything?

MS: Outside of the controls, the two versions follow the same storyline and are mostly identical, but since they are available on different systems you can expect to see some distinction in resolution.

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/medalofhonorvanguard/news.html?sid=6163414&mode=recent

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
Wii can do better than that.
kruegersc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 kruegersc4
Member since 2004 • 1985 Posts
Graphics look fine. This will probably be the first FPS I get for the Wii if it gets over an 8.0 or I play it and find it's fun.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 helium_flash
Holy hell!  I made this topic yesterday and it's still alive!  I guess that means that people are excited for MoH: Vanguard!!  ... or there's just nothing interesting to talk about. :-P
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 helium_flash

Im goin to do birthday on 15 april, ive only got zelda and wiisports, you think i should get this game, or until that time will there be more kewl games?

dumbasskillers

It's probably going to be the only decent shooter for a while, so i'd say yes.
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts
The lighting effects look great, but the details on the characters aren't as good as COD3.