Mario Kart and Snaking...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GameExtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GameExtreme
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts
I'm just getting back into mario kart after what seems like years... I remembered that my friend somehow was able to do what he called "Snake" his kart back and forth in the race while in "fire tires" were going the entire time (the fire on the tires didn't leave during the boost). He just kept going jump!, boost!, jump!, Boost, Jump,Boost... and so on. Does anyone know how to do this...
IronstaunchB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 IronstaunchB
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts
Easy. Powerslide - boost over and over again. And before anyone starts complaining about cheapness, it's been programmed into the game intentionally by the developers. Pushing the game to its limits is called playing to win.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
Easy. Powerslide - boost over and over again. And before anyone starts complaining about cheapness, it's been programmed into the game intentionally by the developers. Pushing the game to its limits is called playing to win.IronstaunchB
Yep. Snaking makes this game a lot more fun and competitive.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I know how to do it, it's exploiting the game. Power sliding is for turning corners without losing speed, and getting a little boost, not for sliding left and right on a straight. Anyway some Karts are a lot better with longer boost.
SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#5 SSBMFighter
Member since 2005 • 3797 Posts

Snaking is always fun, until everyone starts complaining about how you are "cheap" and "your a noob".Idiots /sigh

MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 MasterBolt360
Member since 2009 • 5293 Posts

I remember when I was an addict to Mario Kart DS, I picked up snaking pretty fast. All you do is this.

Darkmatter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darkmatter88
Member since 2009 • 125 Posts

snaking is pretty easy. If you can get the boost fast enough, you can boost right, boost left, right, left, etc down a straight road. Im not sure how else to describe it.

if you're back into mariokart, another thing that you can do that is fun is blue shell dodging. Ive mastered it, and now i can do fancy stuff like set a blue shell on myself, dodge it, and watch the person behind me get owned :P. It's fun!

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#8 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I know how to do it, but I just can't explain because it is so simple and natural, just keep on using the power slide.

With that being said, I try to avoid using it at all times because I know it is totally unfair to people who play the game without exploiting it and it ruins the fun of online gaming. I just use it when I am only playing against people who do the same.

2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

Pick Luigi in the Vacuum, go to figure eight circuit, make a zig zag line down the straightaways by repeatedly mini turbo boosting. The drift you get after a mini turbo is enough to set you back on a straight line, unlike in double dash.

merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
just do a power slide on the straight away and while ur still boosting quickly do a power slide in the oposite direction and just keep doing that
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Okay...the question has been answered. Move along.