d_love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By d_love
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts

I'm really surprised and don't know why Mario Kart 8 doesn't offer multi-screen 2 player option (gamepad/TV co-op) just like all the Lego and Call of Duty games on WiiU do.

One player views his screen on the gamepad, while the 2nd player views his screen in full on the TV. I really wish they'd patch this option in. I dislike having to play split screen when only playing 2 players on WiiU, especially having been spoiled on WiiU 2 player gamepad/TV co-op in the Lego and COD games.

It's an awesome feature unique to WiiU they really should support in such a popular first party title as Mario Kart 8.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Because you can't see crap on a split screen and it sucks

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

So you mean one player has the TV and 2 player has the gamepad screen right? Yeah they should have that. Seems like an obvious thing.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

What about player 3 and 4? What screen will they use. Also what about those that dont want to use the small screen and want to play on the big screen. I think having all the different screen options would be kinda hard, but we are getting there. I like the split screen in Lego Marvel where it keeps you separate until yall get close to each other, then it goes big screen.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

Pretty sure it already got the two-screen mode in an update. I'm not in a position to check atm.

EDIT: Nope. I'm definitely wrong.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#6 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9732 Posts

Maybe turning up the sharpness on your TV might help you with splitscreen on your TV.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

What about player 3 and 4? What screen will they use. Also what about those that dont want to use the small screen and want to play on the big screen. I think having all the different screen options would be kinda hard, but we are getting there. I like the split screen in Lego Marvel where it keeps you separate until yall get close to each other, then it goes big screen.

They can just start splitting the TV. They can make it an option not to play on the gamepad too. That solves both of your problems. It's not that hard since a lot of games already do this. I think the first CoD game on Wii U did this on launch really well.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

We have a TV solves this problem with dual play. Both players get full screen on the TV. See this link...it is sweet, and works great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxETCbs23mA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn2xOFEXN30

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i cant play mario kart 8 on the gamepad....ive tried but i go off the course...sometimes i go crosseyed lol...its too small.

d_love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By d_love

@trugs26: Exactly. They have it in Lego Batman 2 and 3 on Wii U, Lego Marvel Superheroes on WiiU, and the call of duty's on Wii U. It really is an awesome OPTION to have with the gamepad screen at your disposal. Really wish they'd add this OPTION to Mario Kart 8 for 2 players.

d_love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 d_love

@iandizion713:

To your first point regarding players 3 and 4, I'm only referring to a 2 player scenario. 3 & 4 player games would most likely have to remain the same as they are now.

To your 2nd point, that's why I stated "OPTION". If you want to play normal (ie split screen), so be it. If you want to play 2 player TV/gamepad, so be it. Players choice. The Lego games on WiiU give 2 player co-op the following 3 OPTIONS:

1. Normal/standard split screen (static bar down middle of screen at all times)

2. Dynamic split screen (the one you refer to which is very cool & comes together full screen when the 2 players are nearby one another)

3. TV/Gamepad separate screen option (a WiiU only exclusive feature seen in WiiU Lego and COD games that works incredibly well)

That's all I'm talking about here, why doesn't Nintendo give us that awesome OPTION for 2 player only gameplay in Mario Kart 8 when it's demonstrated works SO VERY WELL in other Wii U titles.

crosswire2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 crosswire2017
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

I am also hoping to see a split screen option for two players that allow each player to have their own screen

I have

Mario world 3d

Nintendo land

New Super Mario and luigi

Rayman

Lego marvel superheroes

Injustic

Ninja gaiden 3

Lego batman 2

And now Mario kart

I play a lot of 2 player games because it is just me and my son

I need to have a better two playee screen experience very much

I hope there is an update for this

And 3 players should have oprion for wii pad full for player1 and horizontal split screen for playeers 2 and 3

Nintendo rocks!!! I am just disappointed with mario kart 8 's 2 player display option