Mario Galaxy : Got it but don't finished-like it.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shacrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Shacrob
Member since 2004 • 3208 Posts

Well I havn't asked this, but this happened to me. (Don't get me wrong I have played, enjoyed and finished all mario games since the NES to Mario 64)When i got the game i played it for about 2 hours, after that never again(since last year). I just don't like to play this one, really boring for me.

Have this happened to you, or a friend? I don't know why i dislike a lot this game, and i don't think it is becasue of the age.

Shacrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Shacrob

Well I havn't asked this, but this happened to me. (Don't get me wrong I have played, enjoyed and finished all mario games since the NES to Mario 64)When i got the game i played it for about 2 hours, after that, never again(since last year). I just don't like to play this one, really boring for me.

Have this happened to you, or a friend? I don't know why i dislike a lot this game, and i don't think it is becasue of the age.

PabloExobar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 PabloExobar
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
I got 50 stars and i just cant get myself to cotinue. I played all other major Mario platformers for years, but this, nah... I agree with you. It just got boring. I see how its an amazing game, but for some odd reason it bores me. :(
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
It happened to me at the beginning too, but then the game picks up and the last stars can become quite a challenge.
Shacrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shacrob

The funny thing is that I beat it at a friend's house, still, I wasn't pleased :P

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

The funny thing is that I beat it at a friend's house, still, I wasn't pleased :P

Shacrob
I thought you said you only played it for two hours. If that's true, you barely got started.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts
The only time I stopped playing the game was when I realized that some of the stars I had to get were Purple Coin challenges. However, once I realized that it was more entertaining than I thought it would be, even that didn't stop me from completing this game. I'm not sure what it is that you don't really care for in regards to the game, but I do hope you find the motivation to play it again soon. You're missing out on one of the best reasons to be a gamer in recent memory, I feel. :)
FilipRules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FilipRules
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts
Wait until you get 60 stars and go for 120 stars now thats fun. At first 1-30 stars felt like a chore to me but then it got a lot funner
ArtRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ArtRat
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts
L-Dawg is reason enough to finish the game.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
Yeah, I questioned the scores it got the first few hours. 9.5? But after getting 120 stars it definitely deserved a 9.5. btw, finishing the game at 60 stars is not really experiencing the game imo. You have to go for 120+ if you're really a gamer. Beating the game at 60 stars seems like the dificulty was geared to the casual gamer. Get 120 before making definite judgements of the game.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Nope. One of the best games ever made. Finished it and I'm on my second time through.
Felmo_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Felmo_07
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts

i was the exact opposite. After i got all 120 stars i went back and played it again 1 month later. Look it is really hard to get into some video games sometimes. I have just finished RE4 and it is amazing but after the first time i played it i hated the game (i really hated the game) but after a week or two i got into it and now i cant stop thinking about it even though i cleared it. Give SMG some time and im sure you will feel the same

PiPbOY0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 PiPbOY0
Member since 2006 • 147 Posts
First stars we're like that. Now I like it so much I don't want to finish it :). I get like 2 stars everytime I play. So I don't finish it. The last couple galaxies kick major ass. And the comet challenges. Matter Splatter is just gaming bliss. Great level design in SMG
PiPbOY0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PiPbOY0
Member since 2006 • 147 Posts
First stars were like that. Now I like it so much I don't want to finish it :). I get like 2 stars everytime I play. So I don't finish it. The last couple galaxies kick major ass. And the comet challenges. Matter Splatter is just gaming bliss. Great level design in SMG
jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts
I disagree. In fact, i could never finish 64 and Sunshine, but i've almost got all the stars in Galaxy... weird, isn't it?
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
I disagree. In fact, i could never finish 64 and Sunshine, but i've almost got all the stars in Galaxy... weird, isn't it?jjr10

That may be because Sunshine and 64 are both much harder than Galaxy
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

[QUOTE="jjr10"]I disagree. In fact, i could never finish 64 and Sunshine, but i've almost got all the stars in Galaxy... weird, isn't it?hazbazz

lol, nice...

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Some people don't like certain games, it happens

No big deal, you make better game choices in the future and move on

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts
I never got a major urge to play, but when I start I get into it.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I've had about 80 stars for two months now and I have no idea when I'm going to get the rest 40. I have too many other games to play.
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts

[QUOTE="hazbazz"][QUOTE="jjr10"]I disagree. In fact, i could never finish 64 and Sunshine, but i've almost got all the stars in Galaxy... weird, isn't it?Niff_T

lol, nice...

SM64 isnt that much harder then Galaxy's diffculty, although I have to admit Sunshine was a **** to beat.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
The day i got it i played it A LOT. I got like 50 stars within the first 24 hours .. made me feel like i was 10 again.