Madden 08. Am I missing something here or does the game play itself?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

89vette1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 89vette1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I'm new to the Wii and my son and I have been playing with Madden 08. At first I could not figure out how to play in two player mode. From what I can gather you have to be in party mode then hit play now and select two Mii's and go from there. However, it seems like we play the game in Demo mode! If you select the plays for offense and defense the game plays itself. You try and hike the ball and nothing happens. If you just sit there, the QB hikes the ball and executes the play. As the QB yells HUT, if you flick back the controller he won't do anything.

Am I doing something wrong or is this game reallythe dumb? I would expect ifI am controlling the QB, then he should not do anything unless I control him.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Yes, you're in party mode.

Go into a regular game mode

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
I never played2 players at this game but I assume you go into Exhibition game mode, then make sure both controllers have their nunchucks attached and have them both turned on. Then pick the 2 teams who are going to play each other then the each person can move their controller icon to the team they want to be.
89vette1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 89vette1
I'll try the exhibition mode. I watched a youtube video last night that showed two people playing. He went into party mode and chose two mii's, picked teams and started playing which is exactly what I did. When I go in regular play mode it does the same thing. It just plays itself. One person should play offense and the other defense. I can't believe the lack of instructions or support.
89vette1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 89vette1
This game is an absolute Joke! It completely plays itself in one or two player mode. I have no control over any of the players. All I can do is select the plays. The only way I have control is to select a minigame. WTH am I doign wrong!
2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 2good2betrue
Member since 2006 • 7791 Posts
do you have it set on family play?
89vette1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 89vette1

If you mean am I using the knumchuck yes I am for both controllers. When I go to play now and choose the teams (both for P1 and P2 ) I set the blue or red controller to the team we each want to control. When the game starts, the only thing that works is the buttons to choose plays and to choose a receiver. I can't hike the ball, pass it, control the QB or the receiver. The ball hikes itself and executes the play or might execute a different play. In other words, after you choose the play it will take over automatically.

I'm not sure whay tyou mean by setting it for Family play.

Avatar image for DaLegendKilla92
DaLegendKilla92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaLegendKilla92
Member since 2007 • 919 Posts
I smartened up and got this on the PS2!!!
89vette1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 89vette1
Anyone?
Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts
Sounds like your on family play, i don't know how to turn it off tho, because even in party mode you can play normally me and my bro have done it
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

You are absolutely doing something wrong. Damn I wish I could play my copy right now to check, but everyone keeps saying what I believ is true. The Wii version is GREAT and it does not play bu itslelf. Definitely go to exhibition, and also make sure that one controleer is set for whoeveris playing the home team, and that one is set for the away team. Standard in most team sports titles for the last 10 years or so. I'm having a feeling you're not doing that.

If you didn't assign a controller to either team then it would definitely play by itself. All versions of the game would do this, not just the Wii. Give it a shot :)

mikebernat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mikebernat
Member since 2006 • 61 Posts

When you assign the controllers to each team make sure that underneith the controllers it says Advanced mode and NOT party mode or Family mode or whatever it is. I think pushing up and down toggles between these.. also the game manual is a great thing.

Party Mode = ONLY USING THE WII REMOTE - this is a super simplified version of the game where the computer does all the moving for you. You are only responsible for a few motions.

Advanced Mode = MUST HAVE THE NUNCHUCK PLUGGED IN - this is the normal version of madden. Use the nunchuck to move your players around and use the motions etc etc etc

Its all in the manual.

89vette1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 89vette1
Numchuck plugged in both controllers and each set to opposite team and it still plays itself. I even tried it with both controllers on the same team. If you play the tow on two games, you have complete control. My son took it to a friends house andhe said it worked over there. This is just plain wierd.
alottachina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 alottachina
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i have the exact same problem. i have no control. except to choose the play.