Let's Face It: Kid Icarus isn't coming out in 2011.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts
Kid Icarus is slated to come out in Europe in 2012. It hasn't got a date anywhere else, other than the silly "Coming Soon" that we've seen at the end of the trailer since e3 2010. Nintendo recently dated Star Fox 64 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, and Mario Kart 7 for this year, as well as the surprise release of Pokemon Rumble Blast. That makes one release per month from Nintendo themselves. Sept-Star Fox, Oct-Pokemon Rumble, Nov-Super Mario, Dec-Mario Kart 7. This leads me to believe, as it isn't even that much of a wild guess, that Kid Icarus: Uprising isn't coming out anywhere in 2011. The developers have even discussed recently about how they've had trouble with the development of the title. Mix that, and the lack of a release window from Nintendo, leads me to believe it won't make it out until 2012. And honestly, it needs to stand out on its own. Perhaps a Jan/Feb release date may be better for it. What do you guys think? Do you think its going to not make it out this year, and would that be bad or good?
DryMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DryMaster
Member since 2009 • 282 Posts

It's a shame, but if it were going to be released this year it would definetly have a release date announced by now. Otherwise i would already have a 3ds

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I hope that's true so that Sakurai can work on his best accomplishment. :D
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
The game won't be very good, so no biggy.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Well I don't really want it to come out at the end of 2011 anyway, since I have quite a few 3DS games I want at that time. Q1 2012 would be good though.

rain_ishigawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rain_ishigawa
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

my 3ds' paint is chafed already... i hope Kid icarus comes out before my blue 3ds turns colorless... anyway ... the tactic "standing" on its own hasnt been very fruitful for nintendo lately ... even though theyve been doing it for god knows how long... other consoles have releases the saturate the market so folks get confused in which to buy ... and there isn't only one type of person so choices are very good to have... Kid Icarus coming out with ohter titles will salvage the 3ds ... asap

NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NeoStar9
Member since 2003 • 1761 Posts
There is no way Pokemon Rumble Blast can carry October by itself for Nintendo. It's a game that should be on the eShop or WiiWare like the first one. If KI is coming out it has to be that month with perhaps a Jan or Feb release in Europe if that's the case.
LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

In the grand scheme of things, it won't make much difference if it isn't released this year. 2012 sounds realistic, so I'll go with that.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#9 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Luckily Nintendo's giving us some other great games to keep us occupied. :)
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i don't like the run and gun shooter they are making it so i'll pass on the game when ever its released
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I never expected it to come this year. Infact, for some reason I seem to recall the creator of this game, w/e his name is, stating that it was coming early next year.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pacific90
Member since 2010 • 848 Posts

Nintendo has to make sales from their games. Mario, StarFox, and Mario Kart will make cash, but you need more than just cash over the holidays you need lots of cash. Any retailer will tell you that is the end of the fiscal year to get out of the red.

For instance, I only plan to buy one game right now. Super Mario. Nintendo is not making lots of money off me for one game. Retailers anticipate over the year you buy a little and in the holidays spend more than you usually do.

I expect there will be more games out in December, January, and February.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I'm more worried about Animal Crossing to be honest.
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

This game should have been out for launch. The fact that its not done and still looking iffy does not bode well

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 darth-pyschosis
I'm more worried about Animal Crossing to be honest.Rod90
Why? They've detailed that you're the mayor in this game, and they've shown it off in trailers at every major event, it always kinda seemed like a 2012 title to me. Here's how I'm seeing it going down: Kid Icarus Uprising- Feb 2012, Luigi's Mansion 2- May 2012, Animal Crossing and Paper Mario as the big Fall 2012 titles, maybe joined by an evergreen title like Brain Age 3. I just hope it brings good changes to the formula. I want to rent houses in Animal Crossing out to people, I want to rent houses out and own property in my friends' game worlds too, I want to have some more new activities (heck they could put a few simple shallow sports in their for activities) and I want to have at least 8 or more players online.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gamingclone

[QUOTE="Rod90"]I'm more worried about Animal Crossing to be honest.darth-pyschosis
Why? They've detailed that you're the mayor in this game, and they've shown it off in trailers at every major event, it always kinda seemed like a 2012 title to me. Here's how I'm seeing it going down: Kid Icarus Uprising- Feb 2012, Luigi's Mansion 2- May 2012, Animal Crossing and Paper Mario as the big Fall 2012 titles, maybe joined by an evergreen title like Brain Age 3. I just hope it brings good changes to the formula. I want to rent houses in Animal Crossing out to people, I want to rent houses out and own property in my friends' game worlds too, I want to have some more new activities (heck they could put a few simple shallow sports in their for activities) and I want to have at least 8 or more players online.

I think you have it about right. Though lets not forgot that the Wii U is launching next year so it might conflict with Animal Crossing and Paper Mario (yes I am assuming the Wii U is launching in the fall/ holiday season of next year). Im just saying.

Personally, I think they can take all the time they want with Animal Crossing (though I would like it before December of next year). I sooo want this animal crossing to be way better than City Folk. That game was such a let down. It seemed like nothing more than a Wild world port with the added bonus of the city. So far, Animal Crossing 3D is indeed looking better than City Folk. You can swim, be the mayer, benches around the town, bushes!, you can even hang things on your wall besides wall paper. I just hope this game is the head liner for the series.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gamingclone

This game should have been out for launch. The fact that its not done and still looking iffy does not bode well

LaytonsCat

Really? from what I saw the game doesnt look iffy at all. People seem to like the multiplayer aspect of it.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pacific90

[QUOTE="Rod90"]I'm more worried about Animal Crossing to be honest.darth-pyschosis

Animal Crossingis said to come out in January. Kid Icarus Uprising is supposed to be December, but could be January. Also, in December is supposed to be Sonic Generations but that could be pushed into January too.

Paper Mario is supposed to be Spring next year. I would expect Luigi's Mansion 2 to come out alongside Paper Mario.

Again, you have to look at through the retail world. Nintendo games sells Nintendo systems.Nintendo makes more money off their own games than second party titles.And Pokemon I would not consider a major title.

Nintendo wants money from a consumer like me (20-40) that has money and works. And most people in my age range want Mario games or some game that they can relax after college classes or work.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pacific90

November-Super Mario 3D Land

December-Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus Uprising

January-Sonic Generations and Animal Crossing

Spring-Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario

Fall-Wii U

Next Holiday Season-New Smash Bros., Wi Utitles, etc...

Alot o this comes from GameStop and the Internet. And seeing how far in development these games are.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gamingclone

Fall-Wii U

Alot o this comes from GameStop and the Internet. And seeing how far in development these games are.

pacific90

Are you making an educated guess? or did you find this info somewhere?

Also I doubt smash bros (for 3DS and Wii U both) is coming next year. The last smash bros got delayed and delayed to the extent where it was in developement for years. I hope this smash bros doesnt take that long, but I still doubt a game that probably hasnt even started developement will launch anytime next year.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Considering the pedigree of the franchises on the slate(Star Fox64, Pokemon, Super Mario, Mario Kart), and the fact that Kid Icarus had been entirely forgotten until Pit's appearance in SSB:B, I'd say that Big N made the right call in deciding which game could wait another few weeks.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darth-pyschosis

Fall-Wii U

pacific90
1. SEGA has clearly stated that Sonic is coming out this year, that isn't up to Nintendo and there would be no reason to delay Generations on 3DS away from Generations on PS3/360 2. Paper Mario has been listed as a 2011 title originally, but then slipped to 2012 for most retailers, so it kinda sorta implies that yes, it may be an earlier 2012 title. 3. Animal Crossing, well no one has actually played it yet which makes me think its further off. There are no hands on, just trailers. I would hope it would be early 2012, but if you're already releasing Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario between Jan-June 2012 then Animal Crossing would be overkill and unnessecary. One of those four titles isn't making it out until Fall 2012. 4. Kid Icarus does not, I repeat, DOES NOT, have a release date. Nintendo just dated all their 3DS games for the fall, and Kid Icarus was not among them. Add into that it's coming in 2012 in Europe, and you can assume it will meet the same fate everywhere else. 5. As someone who works in gaming retail, GameStop's release dates are place holders for reservations. Do not take them seriously 6. Smash bros for 3DS and Wii U hasn't even begun development. That's right. They will start it as soon as Kid Icarus is done. They've already said that. So assuming it will come out Fall 2012 is unrealistic. It won't be finished in about 1 year. I'm thinking Fall 2013, or Early 2014 at the very earliest. Look, it's likely going to be one of those titles they take their time with, a 2 year development is likely and it hasn't started. Smash Bros 3D isn't coming anytime soon.
pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pacific90

[QUOTE="pacific90"]

Fall-Wii U

darth-pyschosis

1. SEGA has clearly stated that Sonic is coming out this year, that isn't up to Nintendo and there would be no reason to delay Generations on 3DS away from Generations on PS3/360 2. Paper Mario has been listed as a 2011 title originally, but then slipped to 2012 for most retailers, so it kinda sorta implies that yes, it may be an earlier 2012 title. 3. Animal Crossing, well no one has actually played it yet which makes me think its further off. There are no hands on, just trailers. I would hope it would be early 2012, but if you're already releasing Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario between Jan-June 2012 then Animal Crossing would be overkill and unnessecary. One of those four titles isn't making it out until Fall 2012. 4. Kid Icarus does not, I repeat, DOES NOT, have a release date. Nintendo just dated all their 3DS games for the fall, and Kid Icarus was not among them. Add into that it's coming in 2012 in Europe, and you can assume it will meet the same fate everywhere else. 5. As someone who works in gaming retail, GameStop's release dates are place holders for reservations. Do not take them seriously 6. Smash bros for 3DS and Wii U hasn't even begun development. That's right. They will start it as soon as Kid Icarus is done. They've already said that. So assuming it will come out Fall 2012 is unrealistic. It won't be finished in about 1 year. I'm thinking Fall 2013, or Early 2014 at the very earliest. Look, it's likely going to be one of those titles they take their time with, a 2 year development is likely and it hasn't started. Smash Bros 3D isn't coming anytime soon.

Not all titles are placeholders. I knew when Super Mario was coming out before it wasannounced because GameStop has accurate information.

Why would you need to play AC to know its not along it's way? It could be away head of Luigi's Mansion 2.

January will probably be Animal Crossing or Luigi's Mansion 2. Which one, we will just have to wait and see.

Sonic Generations and Mario Kart 7 are for December then.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/29356/animal-crossing-is-the-perfect-summer-game/

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LaytonsCat

[QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]

Gamingclone

Really? from what I saw the game doesnt look iffy at all. People seem to like the multiplayer aspect of it.

I don't want to play online with only 3 other people

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"][QUOTE="pacific90"]

Fall-Wii U

pacific90

Not all titles are placeholders. I knew when Super Mario was coming out before it wasannounced because GameStop has accurate information.

Why would you need to play AC to know its not along it's way? It could be away head of Luigi's Mansion 2.

January will probably be Animal Crossing or Luigi's Mansion 2. Which one, we will just have to wait and see.

Sonic Generations and Mario Kart 7 are for December then.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/29356/animal-crossing-is-the-perfect-summer-game/

So you think Super Mario 3D is coming out on a Wednesday. Not, y'a know a Sunday or Tuesday like all Nintendo titles? Star Fox is the only title coming out on a Friday. I work at GameStop, I can tell you those dates are place holders and aren't confirmed by anyone, they aren't even street dated yet.
pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pacific90

Well Super Mario was the only accurate month. So you are righht they are placeholders.

Also, AC usually comes out Nov-January. In all it's years, it has never came out any other time because of the Animal Crossing calendar. January and christmas is the best time to start playing because it goes year round with things to do.

And I have googled both games and I find alot of people estimating January for AC. Also, AC was announced before Luigi's Mansion 2.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

I expected this to be near launch, since it was the first game that they showed and it has seemingly been in development for awhile.

I'm sad but my wallet is happy.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 pacific90

And read this;

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/

September-Starfox 3D

November 13th-Super Mario 3D Land

December 4th-Mario Kart 7

January-Animal Crossing 3D and Kid Icarus Uprising

Spring-Paper Mario

Summer-Luigi's Mansion 2

And this is why I dont think LM2 will be before AC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-07-luigis-mansion-3ds-announced

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
On Wikipedia it say Holiday 2011, and I'm sure I read somewhere it will be released in 2011. I'm sure it will be, just because there our other good games, doesn't mean uprising won't release, I though I read somewhere it will be released somewhere around October-November. Also I wouldn't consider Pokemon Rumble a big release considering it really should be downloadable. Also MGS will release in 2011 too. I would be kinda surprised if Kid Icarus doesn't release in 2011 because it has shown a lot of gameplay and such, and looks very close to being finished. You notice the 2012 games to be released like Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario we haven't seen a whole lot of gameplay, while Kid Icarus we have tons already.
Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 Nozizaki
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts

Fall-Wii U

pacific90

I'm next to certain that game is launching the same time as console counterparts.

Moreso on topic, I refuse to believe that the biggest reason I bought a 3DS isnot releasing this year. There is no date probably because developement isn't done yet. They are still trying to add online. Hopefully it launches this year, but if it doesn't because they want to ensure Online is in there and good, then I'll wait, I'll get Mario 3DS instead.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

I'm worried about the "TBA" release date...
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 darth-pyschosis

And read this;

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/

September-Starfox 3D

November 13th-Super Mario 3D Land

December 4th-Mario Kart 7

January-Animal Crossing 3D and Kid Icarus Uprising

Spring-Paper Mario

Summer-Luigi's Mansion 2

And this is why I dont think LM2 will be before AC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-07-luigis-mansion-3ds-announced

pacific90
Why are you linking to that blog, it's a great blog but has nothing but rumors and no proof. Also, to be fair Luigi's Mansion 2 was playable at e3, and they've said it will likely release early in 2012. Whereas AC, and I'm sad to say this, still hasn't been playable. I'd think if it's releasing at any point in Jan/Feb/March then we'd have a hands on at some point but we don't yet. It may be a harder title to develop. Luigi's Mansion 2 was revealed to the public after AC, but we don't know which started first, or perhaps LM2 is just going smoother. As much as I want AC as soon as possible, I really doubt it's come out in Q1 2012 with no hands on at all from any site, and with Kid Icarus and LM2 likely coming out near or around Q1 2012, why not push it back a few months?
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LaytonsCat

On the Animal Crossing topic, I think it would be terrible to release Q1. Many people who would buy it will still be busy with both mario games released in nov.dec

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pacific90

1) In Europe, AC Paper Mario and Kid Icarus are expected to release.

2) AC was announced before Luigi's Mansion 2

3) We have plenty of pics and videos of AC

4) AC in the past releases Nov-January

5) It's not too late where they could some how have a demo or something

I just think Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper will be after Animal Crossing. We already have a big Mario game coming out this Holiday season. It would be dumb to have two come out at the same time. Sonic Generations and Kid Icarus I think will be out in December and January along with Animal Crossing.

Nintendo has to start making cash off, and that means selling the games and not the system. All of these price games with the 3DS and the "20 free games apology" are all to get people to buy games. If there arent any good games people wont buy.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darth-pyschosis

1) In Europe, AC Paper Mario and Kid Icarus are expected to release.

2) AC was announced before Luigi's Mansion 2

3) We have plenty of pics and videos of AC

4) AC in the past releases Nov-January

5) It's not too late where they could some how have a demo or something

I just think Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper will be after Animal Crossing. We already have a big Mario game coming out this Holiday season. It would be dumb to have two come out at the same time. Sonic Generations and Kid Icarus I think will be out in December and January along with Animal Crossing.

Nintendo has to start making cash off, and that means selling the games and not the system. All of these price games with the 3DS and the "20 free games apology" are all to get people to buy games. If there arent any good games people wont buy.

pacific90
Like I said before I want all of these games asap but Animal Crossing has had no public demo, the other two have. Animal Crossing looks to be bringing changes to a series. Animal Crossing's release dates just happened to be in November three times. Halo was released twice in september, three times in November and once in Feburary if you count Wars. Kid Icarus won't release in December next to mario kart, it'd be dead at retail. Nintendo will likely put at least 2 months in between whatever comes after Kart in December, March is the earliest we see any of the three and my bet is Icarus and Luigi are the first out
pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pacific90

January is always a big month for games.

Mario Kart 7 and Sonic Generations will be the big games for December.

One thing we know for sure is that Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Kid Icarus, and Luigi's Mansion 2 all come out in 2012. When is a big mystery.

Kid Icarus and then Animal Crossing is my guess. I'm not changing my mind. Why would you need a demo anyways? All AC games are pretty much the same. There are some new additions, but its still the same as all the others.

I got rid of my DS and Wii a while ago, so I'm waiting to play some of these games again.