Just to let everyone know...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

firestorm9305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 firestorm9305
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts
You can now reserve Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl at your local Gamestop or Eb Games, I just did it this morning. =)
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Not really worth it.

Those games wont sell out and usually one or more stores have them at a reduced rate the first week they launch just to get you in the store to shop. I'm not comfortable giving a shady place like Gamestop my money just so they can deposit it and collect the interest off of it while holding me to paying full price with an awful return and price matching policy.

Avatar image for Super-Mario-Fan
Super-Mario-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#3 Super-Mario-Fan
Member since 2006 • 4279 Posts

Not really worth it.

Those games wont sell out and usually one or more stores have them at a reduced rate the first week they launch just to get you in the store to shop. I'm not comfortable giving a shady place like Gamestop my money just so they can deposit it and collect the interest off of it while holding me to paying full price with an awful return and price matching policy.

Jaysonguy

Collect interest? You mean they make you pay more for a game when you reserve it?:?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Not really worth it.

Super-Mario-Fan

Collect interest? You mean they make you pay more for a game when you reserve it?:?

No, they take your down payment and put that in their bank and collect that interest.

Doing it from one person isn't that big but do it to a few in every store across the US and they're making money while not giving the customer anything.

quetzalcoatl45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 quetzalcoatl45
Member since 2005 • 1850 Posts

Not really worth it.

Jaysonguy

No kidding

Plus all these stories about people who try to PO but the list is full, if they pay in full right then, and a little extra into the Employee's Pocket, somebody who only paid the Down Payment's PO will "Magically" get "Lost" somehow..................

firestorm9305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 firestorm9305
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts
No, the 5$ goes towards the cost of the game, I work there, I would know. I have 17 things reserved lol.
Zaggmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zaggmeister
Member since 2004 • 136 Posts

I was thinking about creating this thread saying the same thing. I know only a couple of stores near me that will have it for less than the 49.99 price point. One being a place I don't like so much because they've actually lied to me in order to get me to place a pre-order there, the other I don't get to much, and of course Wal-Mart, which is only going to be about 11 cents cheaper which I think I can swing. I mainly place pre-orders not to make sure I get the game on day one, but then it's easier for me to walk in, give them 20 bucks five times, and then I can walk in and walk out with a two games on two different days, without paying a dime at that point.

-Ziggy

jaemillz555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jaemillz555
Member since 2007 • 909 Posts
who really cares if they make money off of your deposit? its not effecting you. If you down pay 5 dollars then you get 5 dollars off the game when you buy it but your guaranteed your copy. Its really not that risky. I did however reserve halo 3 at a gamecrazy and then they went out of business so i lost my 5 dollars so i just reserved it at gamestop. Oh well.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jaysonguy

who really cares if they make money off of your deposit? its not effecting you. If you down pay 5 dollars then you get 5 dollars off the game when you buy it but your guaranteed your copy. Its really not that risky. I did however reserve halo 3 at a gamecrazy and then they went out of business so i lost my 5 dollars so i just reserved it at gamestop. Oh well.jaemillz555

You don't get 5 dollars off. You still pay full price for the game just you do it in two parts instead of one.

Like I said before, there's no way these games sell out. Stores know how popular they are and will plan to make sure they can make the most money off of customers in the launch window. Plus there's always one store that has it at a reduced price. Also most of the real stores have 30 day periods where they'll match prices if it's on sale somewhere else.

So you're giving Gamestop your money for the honor of them charging you full price no matter what. I just don't see it as a solid investment.

jaemillz555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jaemillz555

[QUOTE="jaemillz555"]who really cares if they make money off of your deposit? its not effecting you. If you down pay 5 dollars then you get 5 dollars off the game when you buy it but your guaranteed your copy. Its really not that risky. I did however reserve halo 3 at a gamecrazy and then they went out of business so i lost my 5 dollars so i just reserved it at gamestop. Oh well.Jaysonguy

You don't get 5 dollars off. You still pay full price for the game just you do it in two parts instead of one.

Like I said before, there's no way these games sell out. Stores know how popular they are and will plan to make sure they can make the most money off of customers in the launch window. Plus there's always one store that has it at a reduced price. Also most of the real stores have 30 day periods where they'll match prices if it's on sale somewhere else.

So you're giving Gamestop your money for the honor of them charging you full price no matter what. I just don't see it as a solid investment.

Thats exactly what im saying.......you pay 5 dollars now and then when you buy the game it is 45 dollars instead of 50 as in you dont pay the 5 dollars you already payed to whoever said they take your money.

what_the247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 what_the247
Member since 2006 • 57 Posts
Thanx
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
I personally just think that preordering is a waste of time. Why should I go to the store twice whenI can just go once? I think the purpose of preordering is to guarantee you get a copy day one. Well considering thatgames never sell out I think that it isutterly pointless.
reinchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 reinchester
Member since 2004 • 363 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="jaemillz555"]who really cares if they make money off of your deposit? its not effecting you. If you down pay 5 dollars then you get 5 dollars off the game when you buy it but your guaranteed your copy. Its really not that risky. I did however reserve halo 3 at a gamecrazy and then they went out of business so i lost my 5 dollars so i just reserved it at gamestop. Oh well.jaemillz555

Thats exactly what im saying.......you pay 5 dollars now and then when you buy the game it is 45 dollars instead of 50 as in you dont pay the 5 dollars you already payed to whoever said they take your money.

But you are still paying a TOTAL of$50. So there is not a $5 difference, you don't save any money. Basically all your doing is saying, "Hmm well I honestly don't like to cary more than $45 dollars, soooooo I guess I better go ahead and put $5 dollars down, just soooooo I don't need to bring $50 with me next time."

Jinki3s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jinki3s
Member since 2007 • 401 Posts
I dont see how you can be against pre ordering a game... You're really not losing any money yourself because that money gets taken off the actual price of the game. If you know your want the game on day one you should preorder it just to make sure. It IS possible for a game like SMG and SSBB to be sold out or hard to find on the first day. Theres absolutely no harm in pre ordering a game....
legendofwii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 legendofwii
Member since 2007 • 95 Posts
ok ill go reserve it today (Yells) MOM WE NEED TO GO TO THE MALL!!!!!
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jaysonguy

I dont see how you can be against pre ordering a game... You're really not losing any money yourself because that money gets taken off the actual price of the game. If you know your want the game on day one you should preorder it just to make sure. It IS possible for a game like SMG and SSBB to be sold out or hard to find on the first day. Theres absolutely no harm in pre ordering a game....Jinki3s

But you ARE losing money.

There's always one retailer that has the game cheaper the first week of it's release and the rest of the stores price match that store. So when you reserve a game not only are you giving them 5 bucks to gain the interest off of but you're also locking yourself in to pay full retail price no matter what.

As far as the sold out scare that was made by stores like Gamestop that want you to fork over your money and be locked in. Games don't sell out these days, consoles do but games don't. That's why even though it was impossible for many to find a Wii during last Christmas everyone had a copy of Zelda.

You don't need to reserve games and you save money if you don't.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
I've already reserved Metroid Prime 3 at gamestop. I'm waiting in tell I get closer to getting more money, in tell I'm reserving anything more.
jaemillz555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jaemillz555
[QUOTE="jaemillz555"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="jaemillz555"]who really cares if they make money off of your deposit? its not effecting you. If you down pay 5 dollars then you get 5 dollars off the game when you buy it but your guaranteed your copy. Its really not that risky. I did however reserve halo 3 at a gamecrazy and then they went out of business so i lost my 5 dollars so i just reserved it at gamestop. Oh well.reinchester

But you are still paying a TOTAL of$50. So there is not a $5 difference, you don't save any money. Basically all your doing is saying, "Hmm well I honestly don't like to cary more than $45 dollars, soooooo I guess I better go ahead and put $5 dollars down, just soooooo I don't need to bring $50 with me next time."

THATS EXACTLY WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE TIME YOUR STILL PAYING 50 DOLLARS! Reserving a game is to insure that you get it that day and if you do it at a place like bestbuy it saves you the time of waiting in extremely long lines to buy your game because im sure when brawl comes out places are going to be packed. Im not saying you pay any less or more. Just when you go to buy the game you dont pay the 5 dollars you already put down which means they are not taking your money to whoever said they do. Im sure brawl or galaxy are all going to sell out faster then some thing and alot of people are going to wish they reserved it.

rjs927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rjs927
Member since 2007 • 547 Posts
If I could pay $25 at preorder and $25 at release it would be easier for me than $50 at once, but paying $5 then $45 just makes it harder.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jaysonguy

THATS EXACTLY WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE TIME YOUR STILL PAYING 50 DOLLARS! Reserving a game is to insure that you get it that day and if you do it at a place like bestbuy it saves you the time of waiting in extremely long lines to buy your game because im sure when brawl comes out places are going to be packed. Im not saying you pay any less or more. Just when you go to buy the game you dont pay the 5 dollars you already put down which means they are not taking your money to whoever said they do. Im sure brawl or galaxy are all going to sell out faster then some thing and alot of people are going to wish they reserved it.

jaemillz555

Again, you do pay more and games don't sell out anymore, check my post above so I don't have to repat myself all over again please.

dieasgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dieasgrey
Member since 2005 • 676 Posts
You guys are ridiculous.
jaemillz555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jaemillz555
no you dont pay more have you ever reserved a game before? You pay a down payment of 5 dollars. THEN when you buy the game the 5 dollars goes toward the game that you are buying so they charge you 45 dollars instead of 50. That is not taking your money. You are still paying 50 dollars.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jaysonguy

no you dont pay more have you ever reserved a game before? You pay a down payment of 5 dollars. THEN when you buy the game the 5 dollars goes toward the game that you are buying so they charge you 45 dollars instead of 50. That is not taking your money. You are still paying 50 dollars.jaemillz555

Yes but you're locked in to pay full retail price.

Instead just wait till the game is released and one store is going to have it for 39.99 or 44.99 or 49.99 with a free gift card. One of the real stores is going to offer you something extra to buy the game there.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Not really worth it.

Jaysonguy

Um collect interest?? You mean they can't make money on the product they sell? like...oh I don't know...every single other business on the entire planet? Yeah man, shady. Go reserve them and stop crying.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Not really worth it.

Darth-Samus

Um collect interest?? You mean they can't make money on the product they sell? like...oh I don't know...every single other business on the entire planet? Yeah man, shady. Go reserve them and stop crying.

They're taking your money and collecting interest while they don't give you anything in return.

Read the entire thread then come back

harleyrulesall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 harleyrulesall
Member since 2005 • 1617 Posts
No, the 5$ goes towards the cost of the game, I work there, I would know. I have 17 things reserved lol.firestorm9305
Yep, i reserve games all the time
icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
[QUOTE="jaemillz555"]

Jaysonguy

Again, you do pay more and games don't sell out anymore, check my post above so I don't have to repat myself all over again please.

but if u po, ur at least guaranteed a copy and u still pay $50. even if another store like circuit city or best buy sells it cheaper, ur not guaranteed a copy and if u dont get it, u'll regret not po'ing
jaemillz555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jaemillz555
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="Darth-Samus"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Not really worth it.

Darth-Samus

They're taking your money and collecting interest while they don't give you anything in return.

Read the entire thread then come back

Dude, I can't believe that you could possibly believe what you're saying. You're telling me that by them selling a game at the $50 every Wii game sells for, which is a standard small mark up of what they (Gamestop) pays for it, they are ripping you off by not selling it to your dumb self for the exact same price they pay for it? I'm sorry man you need to go back and take a few more freshman business couses because that's how every business in the world makes money.

I used to work at Gamestop btw and I can only assume that MAYBE you're thinking that the $5 deposit you put on a reservation is in addition to the full $50 price. Not the case, it's a deposit that counts towards your final purchase. Like I said get your head out of your butt and go reserve the games man.

Thats what i have been trying to tell the guy this whole time that the 5 dollar deposit counts toward the final purchase of the game and isnt added onto it which means they arent taking your money and reserving games is a great idea.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jaysonguy

Dude, I can't believe that you could possibly believe what you're saying. You're telling me that by them selling a game at the $50 every Wii game sells for, which is a standard small mark up of what they (Gamestop) pays for it, they are ripping you off by not selling it to your dumb self for the exact same price they pay for it? I'm sorry man you need to go back and take a few more freshman business couses because that's how every business in the world makes money.

I used to work at Gamestop btw and I can only assume that MAYBE you're thinking that the $5 deposit you put on a reservation is in addition to the full $50 price. Not the case, it's a deposit that counts towards your final purchase. Like I said get your head out of your butt and go reserve the games man.

Darth-Samus

You're not understanding this and if you'd read the entire thread there's a chance you would.

Gamestop takes your preorder and then you're locked in at full retail price. Now the week it comes out there's always one place that sells the game at a reduced rate or throws in something like a gift card to get people to buy the game at their store. Plus at the real stores you can price match whatever store has it cheaper.

Whichever way you want to look at it getting the game at a real store is cheaper. Look at Big Brain Academy when it was released. It was 49.99 everywhere but Circuit City had it 39.99 to lure people in. If you preordered at Gamestop you'd still have to pay the full 49.99 even though another store had it ten dollars cheaper and all the real stores besides Circuit City matched that price.

All you do when you reserve a game at Gamestop is make yourself 100% sure you're paying the highest price possible for the game.

jaemillz555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jaemillz555
[QUOTE="Darth-Samus"]

Jaysonguy

You're not understanding this and if you'd read the entire thread there's a chance you would.

Gamestop takes your preorder and then you're locked in at full retail price. Now the week it comes out there's always one place that sells the game at a reduced rate or throws in something like a gift card to get people to buy the game at their store. Plus at the real stores you can price match whatever store has it cheaper.

Whichever way you want to look at it getting the game at a real store is cheaper. Look at Big Brain Academy when it was released. It was 49.99 everywhere but Circuit City had it 39.99 to lure people in. If you preordered at Gamestop you'd still have to pay the full 49.99 even though another store had it ten dollars cheaper and all the real stores besides Circuit City matched that price.

All you do when you reserve a game at Gamestop is make yourself 100% sure you're paying the highest price possible for the game.

How do you know gamestop wont have a reduced price? How do you know they wont throw in something extra? you dont. And im sure only smaller stores that need the extra customers will lowere there prices quicker which probably means they will have less copies so if you dont want to reserve it then go ahead im just going to laugh when they all sell out quicker then you think.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jaysonguy

How do you know gamestop wont have a reduced price? How do you know they wont throw in something extra? you dont. And im sure only smaller stores that need the extra customers will lowere there prices quicker which probably means they will have less copies so if you dont want to reserve it then go ahead im just going to laugh when they all sell out quicker then you think.

jaemillz555

Gamestop wont have it on sale when everyone preorders it for 49.99, I know they wont throw in something extra because they're not advertising it with preorders.

Best Buy and Circuit City are small retailers?

Stores reduce the price the first week to get people in, it happens for almost every single major game that comes out. Then it goes back to normal retail price the week after.

Lastly games don't sell out anymore. That's just a weak scare made by places like Gamestop trying to scare people into getting preorders. Like I said from last Christmas, everyone got Zelda even if they couldn't find a Wii. Nothing sold out.

o0gamerx0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 o0gamerx0o
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yay!
big_mak123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 big_mak123
Member since 2006 • 268 Posts
I don't see the point in pre ordering games. It's not like they sell out. Your going to get one on day one anyway. And if you preorder its not like you are completely safe either. If some one pays a little extra your preordered game will be GONE. So yea its pointless. JUst go on day one and pick up the game. IT's not like its a console. There will be plenty of copies.
jaemillz555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jaemillz555
[QUOTE="jaemillz555"]

Jaysonguy

Gamestop wont have it on sale when everyone preorders it for 49.99, I know they wont throw in something extra because they're not advertising it with preorders.

Stores reduce the price the first week to get people in, it happens for almost every single major game that comes out. Then it goes back to normal retail price the week after.

Lastly games don't sell out anymore. That's just a weak scare made by places like Gamestop trying to scare people into getting preorders. Like I said from last Christmas, everyone got Zelda even if they couldn't find a Wii. Nothing sold out.

Best buy definitely is NOT going to reduce there price. They know everyone is going to buy games from there store and they know they are going to sell out quicker then any other store so they know they dont need to throw in anything extra or make it cheaper. I dont remember best buy reducing the price of halo 2 did they? NO thats because they knew it was going to sell out in a day regardless of the price and im sure they same thing is going to happen with brawl.

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
[QUOTE="jaemillz555"]

Jaysonguy

w/e u say, guy
jaemillz555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jaemillz555
[QUOTE="jaemillz555"]

Jaysonguy

And actually, i got my wii on launch day and i needed an extra controller so they made me wait till after everyone who bought a wii went in line to see if there were extras left over and we asked if they still had zelda left over and they said they were all sold out but luckily i got my copy when i was in line. But the point is, games do sell out and it is not just a scare. Brawl is even going to be bigger then zelda so i assume it is going to sell out just as quickly.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
You can now reserve Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl at your local Gamestop or Eb Games, I just did it this morning. =)firestorm9305
ShinoGenjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 ShinoGenjutsu
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts
ITs five dolars who cares
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jaysonguy

ITs five dolars who caresShinoGenjutsu

You didn't read the thread I take it.

It's locking you in to pay full price when chances are that it's going to be reduced or come with a free gift somewhere else

Super Mario Sunshine (Circuit City had a promotion where you also got a memory card, game cases, sunglasses, extra controller, and game case)

Transformers DS (launch week Circuit City sold it for 19.99)

Pokemon Diamond or Pearl (launch week Best Buy sold it for 29.99)

Big Brain Academy (Circuit City sold it for 39.99 launch week)

Pokemon Wii (Circuit City sold it for 39.99 launch week)

Warioware Smooth Moves (Circuit City sold it for 39.99week after launch)

The other thing is that in real stores you can price match for up to 30 days even if the game is opened. It just doesn't make sense to lock in for the highest price plus give away all your other options

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts

Lastly games don't sell out anymore. Everyone got Zelda even if they couldn't find a Wii. Nothing sold out.

Jaysonguy
this is true. I bought Zelda and WarioWare two weeks before I got a Wii.
TigerFangRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 TigerFangRed
Member since 2005 • 1928 Posts
I'm not going to reserve them. I'm gonna walk in on release day and just buy them...because where I live not many people game.
hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts
Well i really don't care about gamestop/ebgames gaining interest of preorders. Though what really gets to me, is that most stores don't get preorder bonuses and will sell your preorder before the 2 days are up. They'll tell you that they never got it in, you never reserved, or I was late *even though its a thursday, they got the game on a tuesday*. I stick with ordering games online or buy a game by just walking in a store, even if shipping takes almost a week just because I'm guaranteed the game and thats all I need.
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Darth-Samus

Alright well yeah more often than not any game even HUGE games don't sell out. But it absolutely can and does so...do with that what you will.

On top of that reserving a game at a gamestop does mean that you're reserving that at whatever price they sell it for. They don't do temporary price drops for the first week. However at Gamestop/EB stores you have the option`of being trading and selling and all around reducing your price. Can't do that at most other stores. You're locked into THEIR retail price at that point. Even if it is ten bucks cheaper for four days hooray. ALSO, you can always cancel a reservation before the game comes out at anytime so you really aren't "locked in" to their price if you change your mind.

That's just the way it is. However you feel about whatever...just buy a game where you want and don't go where you don't like. All that matters is that we get to play the games we want yeah?

jaemillz555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jaemillz555

[QUOTE="ShinoGenjutsu"]ITs five dolars who caresJaysonguy

You didn't read the thread I take it.

It's locking you in to pay full price when chances are that it's going to be reduced or come with a free gift somewhere else

Super Mario Sunshine (Circuit City had a promotion where you also got a memory card, game cases, sunglasses, extra controller, and game case)

Transformers DS (launch week Circuit City sold it for 19.99)

Pokemon Diamond or Pearl (launch week Best Buy sold it for 29.99)

Big Brain Academy (Circuit City sold it for 39.99 launch week)

Pokemon Wii (Circuit City sold it for 39.99 launch week)

Warioware Smooth Moves (Circuit City sold it for 39.99week after launch)

The other thing is that in real stores you can price match for up to 30 days even if the game is opened. It just doesn't make sense to lock in for the highest price plus give away all your other options

Ok if they reduce it a week after or a few days after launch then that defeats the whole purpose of reserving a game in the first place because the point of reserving is to guarantee your copy the day it comes out i couldnt care less about the price a week later if im reserving a game thats because i want to have it that day obviously and not care if the price will drop in a week.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#46 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
i already did 1 week ago -- i got all 3 on hold.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jaysonguy

Ok if they reduce it a week after or a few days after launch then that defeats the whole purpose of reserving a game in the first place because the point of reserving is to guarantee your copy the day it comes out i couldnt care less about the price a week later if im reserving a game thats because i want to have it that day obviously and not care if the price will drop in a week.jaemillz555

I'm going to give you a good tip on how to buy things (at least in the states)

If you buy say, Smash Bros from Best buy and three weeks later you see Circuit City selling it for 39.99 you can bring your slip to Best Buy and say "I'd like to be refunded ten dollars" and they'll do it right there for you. So that means that you've had the game since lanuch, you've played the game since launch, and you're still able to get any discount you see afterward.

Most stores drop the price launch week to get people into the stores, the month afterward to match prices is also a nice thing though.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Darth-Samus
I'm not trying just to sound like a Gamestop spokesperson although I am an advocate of the stores, but I believe that gamestops will price match within a month after purchase as well. If not that's a shame because if anything they did when I worked for them as an Asst. Manager for three years
Avatar image for nishamuffypuppy
nishamuffypuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#49 nishamuffypuppy
Member since 2004 • 5731 Posts
Cool, but I'm still waiting... I mean, I'll be reserving Metroid Prime 3 on about the 15th of August, but they aren't as demanded as the others. But still, nice to know. :)
MagicNinja911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MagicNinja911
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts
i pre-order alot and look and see if i got rip off and they don't so don't worry game on pre-order super mario charged, metroid prime 3 and SSBB so ya u don't get rip off it just in ur head i thought once i got a discount on a game when i pre-ordered so there