just bought my wii today!! need online help, thanks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 00173
Member since 2007 • 372 Posts

ok, so i dont have wireless... does that mean i cant play online? cause i couldent find the ( hole ) to plug in my online cable thing.. sorry im no cyborg... is their anyway to get online without wirless??? thanks again :)

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I believe you need a LAN adaptor for online, if you dont have a wireless router.
Tyberg29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tyberg29
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts
Yep, you have a few options. First, I would reccommend you buy a router and set it up as a network in your house. I don't know the situation, but this would be the easiest and most efficient way of getting anything in your house online. Next, you could buy the Nintendo wi fi usb adapter (30$ i think). You have to install software on your cpu, then pick up the signal with your wii. It has to be at most 30-40 feet from cpu to wii, and I think people have had some trouble with this route in the past, so it is kinda iffy. Lastly, you could buy the Nintendo LAN adapter (also 30 I think). I am not sure, but i think this plugs into your modem and is a cord traveling to your wiis usb ports in the back, wired internet. Hope I helped! Post again so I can give more input and such. Good luck.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 00173
Yep, you have a few options. First, I would reccommend you buy a router and set it up as a network in your house. I don't know the situation, but this would be the easiest and most efficient way of getting anything in your house online. Next, you could buy the Nintendo wi fi usb adapter (30$ i think). You have to install software on your cpu, then pick up the signal with your wii. It has to be at most 30-40 feet from cpu to wii, and I think people have had some trouble with this route in the past, so it is kinda iffy. Lastly, you could buy the Nintendo LAN adapter (also 30 I think). I am not sure, but i think this plugs into your modem and is a cord traveling to your wiis usb ports in the back, wired internet. Hope I helped! Post again so I can give more input and such. Good luck.Tyberg29
youhave no ideahow much u just helped me :) i think ill have to do the last option, thats how i whent online with my ps2. do u know where i can get that adapter??
Tyberg29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tyberg29

No problem, well, I think you can buy it at any EB games or Gamestop that has it, since i have seen it on their website, and a few other major electronics chains may have it (best buy, circuit city). Here try thisadress first though, and see if a store near you has it in stock, or call them. Sorry, I don't know how to link, lol =-(

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802615

Tyberg29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tyberg29
sorry for the double post, but apparantly that one isn't the official liscened Nintendo adapter, but it is by Datel. Unfortunately i have not seen an official nintendo one anywhere, only that other one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 00173
np, but with that adapter work to? or do i need the nintendo one?? hey sorry about the questions
Tyberg29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tyberg29

Yeah, that adapter will work, you do not need the nintendo one. It is just like buying different brands of cereal for instance. Make sure to check up on all the details though, see if the wire included is long enough, and so on.

Phatboy2065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Phatboy2065
Member since 2005 • 377 Posts
The LAN adapter should work. It doesn't really matter what company makes it. I use the Nintendo Wifi adapter and it works fine for me though and my Wii is about a floor up from my comp. I don't have any problems with it and it gets a good signal. It cost me $40 I think. I got it at target.
elite_s3rpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 elite_s3rpent
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts
my Wifi Is all Wireless and I have been using the connecter not the LAN. Sadly it has not been working, and I have know clue what to do. Everytime I connect it says can't connect to server. I assume this isn't a personnal problem and may happen to you if you purchase it. I recommend the router because it meets all wireless standards. I don't know about LAN so I won't say anything. Hope this helps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 00173
the problem is i cant switch to wireless because i still live with my parents. (15 )
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
Where did you guys purchase this Wii LAN adapter? Can you only get it through nintendos website? I called EB games and Best buy and they say they never heard of it...
Cornerstore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cornerstore
Member since 2006 • 2137 Posts

where are you people buying your wiis? We in british columbia are all sold out!

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RamboSymbiot
Im guessing nobody is using this Wii LAN adapter?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Im guessing nobody is using this Wii LAN adapter?RamboSymbiot

No, not really since it's better to have wireless with the Wii. No need for the cords going around.

I'd try to talk your parents into a router so you can get all of your connections in the house online either wired or wireless.

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RamboSymbiot

[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]Im guessing nobody is using this Wii LAN adapter?Jaysonguy

No, not really since it's better to have wireless with the Wii. No need for the cords going around.

I'd try to talk your parents into a router so you can get all of your connections in the house online either wired or wireless.

But theres no ethernet port on the wii..

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

RamboSymbiot

That's correct, what are you getting at?

LINKthelegend2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LINKthelegend2
Member since 2006 • 559 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]Im guessing nobody is using this Wii LAN adapter?RamboSymbiot

thats wat the lan adapter is for to to connect the ethernet cord to a usb

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RamboSymbiot
[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]

Jaysonguy

That's correct, what are you getting at?

Isnt there a external USB ethernet adapter that I can get for the wii?

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RamboSymbiot
[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]Im guessing nobody is using this Wii LAN adapter?LINKthelegend2

thats wat the lan adapter is for to to connect the ethernet cord to a usb

Ok but does it exist? i can't find one anywhere...maybe they dont sell it here in Canada.

LINKthelegend2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LINKthelegend2
Member since 2006 • 559 Posts
yea that could be the problem but did u check the ebgames/gamestop site