Just a thought-FPS controls

This topic is locked from further discussion.

manic111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 manic111
Member since 2005 • 1280 Posts
I was just thinking through the problem of having to move your sight to the edge of the screen on some FPS games to turn, and was wondering if tilting would help? Pointing the remote would still take charge of aiming, and then you could tilt the remote left, right, forwards and backwards to look around. What do you reckon? Is it doable?

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
I was just thinking through the problem of having to move your sight to the edge of the screen on some FPS games to turn, and was wondering if tilting would help? Pointing the remote would still take charge of aiming, and then you could tilt the remote left, right, forwards and backwards to look around. What do you reckon? Is it doable?
manic111

The sight thing is in Red Steel.
Avatar image for frustatedgibbon
frustatedgibbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 frustatedgibbon
Member since 2005 • 1915 Posts
i actually really like that idea. i think its do-able but it would have a learning curve. but after that it would probably work amazingly well! well done! haha. b xx
FireEmblem24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FireEmblem24
Member since 2007 • 1097 Posts
Thats a pretty good idea, im sure it will be tried at some point. 
WiiNut6493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WiiNut6493
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts
i thought the controlls for red steel were easy. i would like to see the controls for medal of honr vanguard. definently fun to take a machine gun to a nazi while parachuteing.
muhamaghat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 muhamaghat
Member since 2005 • 509 Posts
[QUOTE="frustatedgibbon"]i actually really like that idea. i think its do-able but it would have a learning curve. but after that it would probably work amazingly well! well done! haha. b xx

\ No... no it wouldn't//.... could you imagine how long it would be to get used to that and how annoying all together, i mean come on. Good post though
shearMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shearMario
Member since 2003 • 2134 Posts

CoD3 and Farcry both control well so this isn't as much of an issue as it seems. Your way is a bit difficult maybe tilt the nunchuck either left or right to turn instead that will work better.

-Xplode-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Xplode-
Member since 2006 • 576 Posts

manic111

It should be centered like pc fps games.

sword_chuckz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sword_chuckz
Member since 2006 • 496 Posts

manic111

Tilting left and right would work. But if you tilt forward and back, your pointer would move down and up on the screen.

Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

[QUOTE="manic111"]I was just thinking through the problem of having to move your sight to the edge of the screen on some FPS games to turn, and was wondering if tilting would help? Pointing the remote would still take charge of aiming, and then you could tilt the remote left, right, forwards and backwards to look around. What do you reckon? Is it doable?
 -Xplode-

It should be centered like pc fps games.

But the thing is.....in real life....your gun is never always in the center....especially pistols. I can see having an M4 centered most of the time though :\.