Jump! Ultimate Stars Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

buuboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 buuboy
Member since 2003 • 508 Posts
Okay, I have been seeing a lot of strange things about the game lately. I have been reading FAQs while I'm waiting for my game to arrive (I imported it but it hasnt got here yet) and I began to read about J-Universe. Then I noticed something: Goku was a support character. How can that be, when people also use him as a lead character? Can you change Koma from support to battle characters? Or can you have support characters as leaders or battle characters? Also, are there any other types then support, battle, and help? I am still a bit iffy on the types. Thanks for your help!
SenbeiZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SenbeiZ
Member since 2005 • 208 Posts
Thought I really love the Shonen Jump universe, and DBZ, OP, and Naruto being my top favorites, all I can tell you is going to a walkthrough that explains a lot. You can even try going to Wikipedia to find out some stuff
Avatar image for Hanzel_Alejandro
Hanzel_Alejandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hanzel_Alejandro
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
You can use Goku as a battle character, you can evolve support and help characters to battle ones.
mtburdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mtburdell
Member since 2007 • 998 Posts
I think part of constructing a deck is assigning one character as lead. I just got the game myself though and to tell the truth have just been playing in the J Arena instead of the J Universe. In the J Arena decks are constructed for you- you can play a couple of different ways here including elimination. What's nice about this (J Arena) is you can start playing without having to know too much. Look through that one long walkthru here and jot down some major points on how to make certain moves and the like.
Hadoken_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hadoken_Kid
Member since 2006 • 1770 Posts
which walkthroughs are the best one?     i just ordered the game it should arrive any day now.
jacobs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jacobs06
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts
http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/jump_ultimate_stars.txt
Ciller2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ciller2k
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

When you evolve Goku, you can evolve him as a support character (2-3 slots) as well as a battle character (4-8 slots). However if you were to use him as a battle character i dont think you can pick his support character and put it in your deck (it should be greyed out). Every battle character can also be support characters. However not every character in the game will be able to evolve to battle character. Alot of the time they are just use as support or help koma (1 slot piece which are use to buff up the battle characters).

Check out this site:

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=ds&message.id=2726295&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Its basically a menu translation guide with pictures to help guide you through some of the interface.