Is Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition scary?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 PSfanboy101
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts

I am 14 and have played games like Left 4 Dead and wasnt even slightly crepped out. How bad is it?

-PSfanboy101

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
It's really not that scary, just intense. BTW you should go buy RE4 now - stop waisting time.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
it's not that scary. i dont like scary stuff, but RE4 was scary in the fact that the enemies wont freaking die. the whole atmosphere was not really scary but i played the game only for few hours
GC4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GC4ever
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts

it has its moments
but not really

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I thought it was scary, but I'm a wuss.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
L4D is worse than RE4, Dead Space can be scary.
nezardm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nezardm
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts
its more predictable then scary...CUTSCENE :)
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

not the scariest game i played but it's more scary then RE5 PS360 edition imo

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#9 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

RE4 is more creepy than scary and has a good horror move atmosphere.

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

As said before me, its got its moments (very well-executed story) - This game is amazing anyway, so go buy it now!

If you want real psychological horror, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is scheduled for an october release.

nezardm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nezardm

As said before me, its got its moments (very well-executed story) - This game is amazing anyway, so go buy it now!

If you want real psychological horror, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is scheduled for an october release.

TalesofRaGnArOk
are you seriouse about SH wii to be scary? its gonna be the least scary and with the simplest puzzles ever! they will adopt it for wii kidi's ::) SH1 is more scary lol, well after konami failed with SH4 they gave it all away to americans and they continued the failure for konami (SH for psp/ps2 that came couple of years ago, SH5 and the newest one in line to fail SH wii), maybe konami decides after this one to take it back, fund it better and bring it back from the dead...
Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

Its not that scary untilit reaches acertain part.(Only for a short while though) And it does have its creepy moments, i liked the starting part at least.

If you want something scary, i recommend:

Penumbra Series

Silent hill series

Fatal Frame series

Call of Cthulu, dark corners of the earth (Though after a while it gets more action packed and kinda sucked)

Those are what i can think of now, theres bound to be more. And i dont think L4D is in the horror category at all. >_> Sure, you fight Zombies and stuff but its more action than anything. (Kinda like dead rising)

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Resident Evil 4 isn't scary, not at all. None of the newer RE games are actually scary.
izayoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 izayoi
Member since 2003 • 1718 Posts

It's actually not scary. There is one part that scared me and that was going back to the village in the night time. You would see glowing eyes.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
resident evil 4 or as i call it leons wild adventure in spain because i refuse to think of it as a resident evil story is as scary as watching the early morning news the game may have 1 or 2 times but it was toned down in scare/shock from older re games
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Get it, I've never really been scared by any video game though.
redfield_137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 redfield_137
Member since 2005 • 2269 Posts

resident evil 4 or as i call it leons wild adventure in spain because i refuse to think of it as a resident evil story is as scary as watching the early morning news the game may have 1 or 2 times but it was toned down in scare/shock from older re gameselbert_b_23

This is a good way to put it. The newer RE games won't be scary because they are more action based. The scares in the older RE games came from building tension over time and then hitting you with something unexpected. It had more to do with the BGM and sound effects etc than anything that actually happened in the game.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
It'll make you jump once or twice, and the regenerators are rather creepy. But nowadays i can run through it and just laugh at everything as I blow it to bits with my IRL. None the less, the game is absolutely a must-own, especially for it's bargain bin price. Get it now, no questions asked.
Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zerocrossings

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]resident evil 4 or as i call it leons wild adventure in spain because i refuse to think of it as a resident evil story is as scary as watching the early morning news the game may have 1 or 2 times but it was toned down in scare/shock from older re gamesredfield_137

This is a good way to put it. The newer RE games won't be scary because they are more action based. The scares in the older RE games came from building tension over time and then hitting you with something unexpected. It had more to do with the BGM and sound effects etc than anything that actually happened in the game.

I thought the Regenarators stage was pretty freaky.(And the noise they make)

But you guys are right on the rest. We get creepy villagers, then later Medievil dudes, then Engineers with dynamite sticks and buff dude with minigun. Yeah, its pretty much action. Not half as actiony as RE5 though, now that, is what i call "not scary AT ALL".

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts

[QUOTE="redfield_137"]

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]resident evil 4 or as i call it leons wild adventure in spain because i refuse to think of it as a resident evil story is as scary as watching the early morning news the game may have 1 or 2 times but it was toned down in scare/shock from older re gamesZerocrossings

I thought the Regenarators stage was pretty freaky.(And the noise they make)

But you guys are right on the rest. We get creepy villagers, then later Medievil dudes, then Engineers with dynamite sticks and buff dude with minigun. Yeah, its pretty much action. Not half as actiony as RE5 though, now that, is what i call "not scary AT ALL".

thats why re5 was a hit or miss game 70% of everyone was pissed that it was more an re4 clone with slight changes with more action thats why i call it the death of re. but if anyone wants good horror game then get cursed mountain or wait for silent hill
MetroidM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MetroidM
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Not really scary. Then again, I've played through it so many times, I know where all the zombies are. However, I remember my first time. I was scared that around every corner a zombie would pop up. In other words, it may be scary the first time around.
Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

[QUOTE="TalesofRaGnArOk"]

nezardm

are you seriouse about SH wii to be scary? its gonna be the least scary and with the simplest puzzles ever! they will adopt it for wii kidi's ::) SH1 is more scary lol, well after konami failed with SH4 they gave it all away to americans and they continued the failure for konami (SH for psp/ps2 that came couple of years ago, SH5 and the newest one in line to fail SH wii), maybe konami decides after this one to take it back, fund it better and bring it back from the dead...

You DO know that SH: Shattered Memories is a remake of the first Silent Hill, right?

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
I would like to add that I thought the game was more scary on my second playthrough - there's a lot of opportunities for random things to jump out at you / catch you by surprise and wheather some of these actually 'get you' depends on your physiological state at the time. I think I was more relaxed on my second playthrough so thats why a couple moments actually made me scream.
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 iowastate

If you want scary you should get Cursed Mountain a horror survival game that is exclusive to the Wii :)

Cursed Mountain official site

nezardm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nezardm

[QUOTE="nezardm"][QUOTE="TalesofRaGnArOk"]

TalesofRaGnArOk

You DO know that SH: Shattered Memories is a remake of the first Silent Hill, right?

story wise only, yes i know, but anything else ummm nope.
Barbie_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Barbie_Boy
Member since 2009 • 667 Posts

pretty sure resident evil 4 never was meant to be scary but more action

still a awsome game

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zerocrossings

pretty sure resident evil 4 never was meant to be scary but more action

Barbie_Boy

Nah several moments in the game does show their attempts to make it scary. They only completely ditched it in RE5.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
The regenerators will give you nightmares.
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 iowastate

I believe the intent was more to create an enjoyable spooky, creepy environment for the horror-survival game and they know fans of that genre are also horror movie fans.

But I don't think the developers wanted to give anyone nightmares, just a good time and IMO they did accomplish that.