Is RE: Revelations and MGS 4 hard games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pacific90
Member since 2010 • 848 Posts

I am considering getting one of these games, but I don't want a game I can't beat. So how hard are they?

Thanks

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
haven't played mgs4 and so far re:r is like any old school re game it has its up's and downs on the difficulty but its a great 3ds game
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
Why are you asking about MGS4? I think you mean Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D. I'd say MGS3 would be harder in some areas, but that Revelations would put up a more consistent challenge over the course of the entire game. Both can be beaten in 8 hours, depending on how much you do in the story mode. MGS3 however is inferior to the PS2 original, Subsistence, and lacks Metal Gear Online.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I am considering getting one of these games, but I don't want a game I can't beat. So how hard are they?

Thanks

pacific90
Both games are fairly easy, but I suggest RE:R. Out of RE and MGS, MGS is my preferred series, but MGS4 is a whole new level of boring, dull stealth sections compared to past games in the series, and while long cut-scenes are a staple of the series, this game takes it way too far, there are some scenes in the game that go on for an hour or more, and often they'll be followed up by another 5-20 minuets on the Codec screen recapping what they just told in the cut-scene, and often in more detail, where as Revelations is classic Resident Evil, and a really fun game.
xxxxRemmyxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xxxxRemmyxxxx
Member since 2012 • 37 Posts

RE: Revelations has different difficulties so it's pretty easy on easy mode, but it's insane on hard mode. There was only a couple spots I got stuck at, but didn't have too much trouble with.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Only a few parts were hard in Resident Evil: Revelations, had to retry them 2 or 3 times. There is also an easy mode so that might be better for ya. RE: R is a must buy imo, it's probably one of the best handheld games ever.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
RE: R isn't hard I'd say, it's normal mode challenge is good enough to keep you occupied, but you won't have a hard time. Especially as the game progresses on and you find more weapon mods, which can really make some of your guns really powerful. 100% stun for example, causes enemies to stagger, increase power of weapon, ammo clip, fire rate, etc. MGS 3 I found never too hard, it was just right, and one of my favorite games ever.
pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pacific90

So it sounds like RE: R is not as hard as MGS 3: Snake Eater.

I am trying to determine between RE: 4, MGS 3: Snake Eater, and Paper Mario. I already have 2 mario games, and plan on getting Luigi's Mansion 2. I don't know if I want 4 Mario games and on top of that the ones I got from the Ambassador program.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

You can play MGS3 on very easy mode so if you do that it would be very easy obviously. I've beat MGS3 and I'm like halfway through revelations and I would definitely say revelations is harder. If you have a PS2 or PS3/360 though you could just play MGS3 on those systems though as its cheaper. I'm sure the 3D effect and the couple of new features would be cool but it's not worth the $40. Revelations is an exclusive game so it's the much better choice. You still should play MGS3 though as it's awesome and my personal favorite Metal Gear game.

zeldisco2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zeldisco2009
Member since 2009 • 554 Posts

Metal Gear Solid are great games with the best cinematics and story line but they are not really that accesible.I would recommend getting Revelations as it will be easier for you to get into it.Snake Eater might take time to get into and if you have never player a MGS game before than you might struggle to get into it and enjoy it.MGS is practically half a movie with billions of cutscenes and dialogue.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

Thanks

pacific90
Never played MG3, but RE:R has a casual difficultly if the game is to hard for you on normal. But it is not that hard on normal.
pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pacific90

I played the original solid snake and I also played a couple old resident evil games.

So which would be easier? They both have hard stuff to unlock.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#13 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I think I am about two-thirds of the way through RE: Revelations on normal difficulty, which is the highest available when you start. There was one boss I really struggled on but it has been otherwise pretty easy, I'd say. There is a hard mode though and a reward system where you get special items by going through and beating it w/o using healing herbs or whatever if you want achallenge though.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Oh, I didn't realize the title was a typo, I take back what I said in my previous post. Get Snake Eater 3D unless you have a PS3/360, other wise get the MGS HD collection for that, but either way get yourself Snake Eater, it's a pretty easy game and a lot of fun sneaking around and just toying with the Guards.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pacific90

Which series will I have an easier time to get into? Other than playing the originals on PS at a friends house, I am not too familar with the series. Also, I thought about the new Kingdom Hearts because I beat the original and played half of the second, and beat Chain of Memories.

yienwae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 yienwae
Member since 2009 • 38 Posts
RE: Revelations is not that hard. It's a fun little game. However, one area where it is slightly difficult and frustrating is the lack of a competent AI Partner...... My 'partner' is either non-existent or does minimal damage... :D