Is Kid Icarus Good or Bad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 bofe1234
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
I was thinking about purchasing this game because i have never played it. but is it any good. Please dont be bias and give me a real answer. im asking does it have good emulation. are the graphics transfered nicely etc. Next is the game fun. Also people who own the game should be the only ones answering. Your thoughts?
littlefugue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 littlefugue
Member since 2003 • 369 Posts

I love it.  The graphics are good for 1987, and the gameplay is pretty great.  It is a challenge, which I can appreciate, since I feel that very few modern games offer up a simultaneously fun and challenging experience.  Once you get the feel of the gameplay, it's immensely satisfying.

Also, the music is WONDERFULLY composed.  I wonder if it has ever been orchestrated!

EDIT:  I should note that I actually never owned the original NES cart.  For some reason, I refused to give the game a chance back then.  For shame. . . .

rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 rocktimusprime
Member since 2006 • 3721 Posts
Hardest Game to date. Tougher than Contra 3 IMO. But quite possibly one of the most satisfying games.
bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 bofe1234
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
I do like a challenge. but challenge with saving is a whole new kind of hard. like gunstar the only reason it was hard is that theres no saving but one good sit through its doable. idk ill have to consider it a lot. i can really see myself playing it once and getting pissed off and never again. but maybe it give it a go.
littlefugue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 littlefugue
Member since 2003 • 369 Posts
I do like a challenge. but challenge with saving is a whole new kind of hard. like gunstar the only reason it was hard is that theres no saving but one good sit through its doable. idk ill have to consider it a lot. i can really see myself playing it once and getting pissed off and never again. but maybe it give it a go.bofe1234
I almost didn't come back after my first few failed attempts, but now I'm hooked! It's awesome, and the music keeps me coming back for more.
justiceboy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#6 justiceboy13
Member since 2004 • 11295 Posts
its a good game, decent graphics, addictive and challenging gameplay. Not to mention great music.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts
I think I'll get my KI fix from Brawl.
Bigfoot6072001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Bigfoot6072001
Member since 2003 • 35 Posts
same here ive never played it, but i downloaded it monday. I'm glad i did!!  It's so much fun but very HARD. it's only 5 bucks, totally worth it.
bretthorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 bretthorror
Member since 2006 • 1387 Posts
It took me an hour to pass the first level. It's quite hard.

The thing is at least you can continue with the Wii, so you don't have to repeat the parts that piss you off to no end when you do finally pass it.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
It's a simple game, but with lots of challenges. I hate the fact that you die once you fail to jump onto a platform and fall below the screen. Wish the screen scrolls down with your character onto the previous platform. It's still a great game overall. :)
Captain-Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Captain-Pants
Member since 2005 • 3533 Posts

It is worth more than 5 dollars, Icarus is truly a masterpiece.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#12 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
It is an amazing game, pretty challenging and fun even so many time after its release.
mistablair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 mistablair
Member since 2003 • 690 Posts
i'm on the fence still after downloading it. I went to a website about it and it appears to have lots of depth with shopping, leveling up and apparently even a credit card for buying stuff? I still don't necessarily understand what I should be doing. I don't know if I should go slow so enemies keep coming at me so I can get more hearts from klling them, or just jump over everything and finish the level. The passwords for levels are VERY LONG, thankfully the Wii has the suspended play option. I sympathize with those with the NES cartridge.
verde622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 verde622
Member since 2005 • 411 Posts
It was good for the NES, except for that damn eggplant....
DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

Great game.  I heard there were about 4 different endings (based on score?).  When you complete the game, you start from the beginning and you keep your current score and all powerups (arrow strength, life bar size, long-range bow, fire arrows, rod).

Just a little history, Kid Icarus came out the same time Metroid did.  Both games used the same game engine (you can see similarities in the music and visuals).  It's just that Metroid moved forward and Kid Icarus didn't (well, there was a GB version).

Kid Icarus is one of the best VC NES games right now.  I look forward to Super Smash Bros. Brawl.  Pit may even be my new favorite character.  I already have a hunch of what attacks he'll have based on Kid Icarus (his super move will probably involve the three-treasure armor).

Nuk1euz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nuk1euz
Member since 2003 • 236 Posts

I remember seeing Pit in those cartoons with Super Mario Bros and Zelda. i believe it was Capt. N. i'm not sure, since i was like 6yrs old at the time. But he was very kool. Also, Pit was born around the same time period as Link of LoZ, so im guessing Pit was created to be like an extension to LoZ or somethin.

But i never played Kid Icarus, never got into the game, even tho i've seen it around since pre-SNES era.