Is drawing on your DS Lite a good idea?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

X_EmoNeko_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 X_EmoNeko_X
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Here's the story: My stepbrother got a DS this X-mas and its the same color as mine (Crimson and Black) but since I feel such pure hatred towards him, I want to make mine look different. I feel that if something of mine is the same as something of his, I will feel like I'm just like him. I DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE HIM. So I got the idea to draw on my DS, but I'm hesitating because, even though I draw very good,I keep thinking "Wouldn't that just make my DS Lite look ridiculous?" or "Should I just preserve the look of the DS Lite in case I ever want to trade it in for future reference?" I never see any skins I consider "cool", or maybe I'm missing something? Does anyone have any suggestions, or should I go with drawing on it? :?

Avatar image for Denjin_hadouken
Denjin_hadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Denjin_hadouken
Member since 2007 • 5927 Posts
I suggest you buy skins...or sticker to apply on your ds...if you draw on your ds...most likely, you'll regret it in the future Here are some skins i found on gamestop. There are a lot more and better ones so search online. clicky Here's a site for ordering ds lite skins you might want to consider checking out Clicky
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts
Yeah skins would be a better idea, but if you absolutely don't want the skin, you could make some kind of cool stencil logo cut out of cardboard and test it out on paper, and if it looks good you could put it on your DS
gigamouse510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 gigamouse510
Member since 2007 • 322 Posts
have the same problem with my bro too but we to poor to get one ds for each other so we share and he sucks:)
X_EmoNeko_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 X_EmoNeko_X

Yeah skins would be a better idea, but if you absolutely don't want the skin, you could make some kind of cool stencil logo cut out of cardboard and test it out on paper, and if it looks good you could put it on your DSpodliver

That sounds good, but could you be more specific? HowwouldI be able to do that exactly?

skyLine72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 skyLine72
Member since 2002 • 1127 Posts

The fact that you're letting your hatred for your stepbrother control your life so much that you're willing to change something that you had first just so it's not like his is disturbing. Maybe you should just get over it because it sounds like you're extremely jealous of him.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

The fact that you're letting your hatred for your stepbrother control your life so much that you're willing to change something that you had first just so it's not like his is disturbing. Maybe you should just get over it because it sounds like you're extremely jealous of him.

skyLine72

I completely agree.

vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 vatterott
Member since 2006 • 1842 Posts
Drawing on any game system is a bad idea....That's my word of advice.:)
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Drawing on your DS, inless you are really good and have decent tools to do so. Go for skins.
Icegoten200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Icegoten200
Member since 2005 • 595 Posts
I say why would you care how the DS looks. Its not for you to stare at the outside your supposed to play games. I say just forget about it and play your games in peace but if you really want to do it i heard there is a crystal clear case that you can use and you could stick a peice of paper inbetween that and the ds and draw on the paper.
Lacedolphin3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lacedolphin3
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts

If you cant find any skins you like or cant afford, have you thought of stickers?? Cheap, you can get them anywhere and with anything on them. You could make a design of your own out of them or just get 1 with something you like or even your name and put it on the bottom. If your looking for skins, try e-bay or decalgirl.com

I would highly suggest not putting something perminent on it in case you do trade-in later or just decide you want something else.

Patrick7286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Patrick7286
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
carve something in instead.
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts

[QUOTE="podliver"]Yeah skins would be a better idea, but if you absolutely don't want the skin, you could make some kind of cool stencil logo cut out of cardboard and test it out on paper, and if it looks good you could put it on your DSX_EmoNeko_X

That sounds good, but could you be more specific? HowwouldI be able to do that exactly?

Take a look at this picture: http://laura.moncur.org/wp-content/photos/p1020825.jpg

you cut out a design in paper, then temporarily tape the stencil design on the DS, color in the stencil with a permanent marker, then take the stencil off and there's your cool little stencil design :D

roeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 roeff
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

carve something in instead.Patrick7286

excellent

darkrai7007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 darkrai7007

Here's the story: My stepbrother got a DS this X-mas and its the same color as mine (Crimson and Black) but since I feel such pure hatred towards him, I want to make mine look different. I feel that if something of mine is the same as something of his, I will feel like I'm just like him. I DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE HIM. So I got the idea to draw on my DS, but I'm hesitating because, even though I draw very good,I keep thinking "Wouldn't that just make my DS Lite look ridiculous?" or "Should I just preserve the look of the DS Lite in case I ever want to trade it in for future reference?" I never see any skins I consider "cool", or maybe I'm missing something? Does anyone have any suggestions, or should I go with drawing on it? :?

X_EmoNeko_X

no