Intelligent Systems should do to Advance Wars what they did with Fire Emblem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brentendo3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brentendo3
Member since 2013 • 176 Posts

Intelligent Systems is the developer most known for making games like Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Paper Mario, and WarioWare games.  I don't know how they did it, but they seemed to have finally made Fire Emblem popular with their latest release Awakening.  Awakening has already sold more than the previous games after a couple months, which has rekindled the franchise.  I think Intelligent Systems should try and do this for their Advance Wars series.

Fire Emblem gameplay

For those who don't know, Advance Wars is Intelligent Systems' other TBS franchise.  Both franchises are quite similar, but I've always preferred Advance Wars' gameplay a little more.  You'll have different units and different objectives each levels, which varies the strategy a lot more.  I also find the multiplayer portion of the game to be top notch.

Advance Wars gameplay

Anyways the last Advance Wars game was released in 2008, and although the game was great, sales were very low and I haven't heard of a new game coming.  I'm just hoping that IS can do what they did with FE and make AW more popular and noticed.  Lots of people consider Awakening to be the best 3DS game, so I'd really like them to try a 3DS Advance Wars game too!

Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

They actually advertised Fire Emblem: Awakening because it could have been the last one if it did not do well so they went all in.  Also Intelligent Systems has said that they are probably going to make another Adavnce Wars which I would love, the regular series though, it kinda left us with a cliffhanger of what Hawke will do.

brentendo3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 brentendo3

They actually advertised Fire Emblem: Awakening because it could have been the last one if it did not do well so they went all in.  Also Intelligent Systems has said that they are probably going to make another Adavnce Wars which I would love, the regular series though, it kinda left us with a cliffhanger of what Hawke will do.

Sora278

Yeah and then they totally changed it up with a new storyline and atmosphere with Days of Ruin.  Most people disliked the change, but I thought it was alright and refreshing.  I would probably prefer the original storyline for the next game though.  Do you know where they said they were going to make another game?

Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

I did not mind the change to a dark story but would not want them to do it again, the biggest problem I had with it though was how they nerfed the CO powers.  Anyways, just google Advance Wars 3DS and you will find it but they never confirmed anything, just that they do not like to stop a franchise that fans love and it is a "secret" which usually means yes.  If a company has no plans they have no plans they say so.

brentendo3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 brentendo3

I did not mind the change to a dark story but would not want them to do it again, the biggest problem I had with it though was how they nerfed the CO powers.  Anyways, just google Advance Wars 3DS and you will find it but they never confirmed anything, just that they do not like to stop a franchise that fans love and it is a "secret" which usually means yes.  If a company has no plans they have no plans they say so.

Sora278

Wow yeah I did Google it and found the Nintendo Life link you were talking about here, can't believe I didn't see that before.  Didn't know that Awakening was a last ditch effort, hope they do the same thing with Advance Wars and pump a bunch of advertising dollars into it.  It would be awesome if they put all the features like map editor, war room, online multiplayer, etc. in as well.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#6 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Advance Wars needs to return, and I am relatively confident it will.

MrBorreli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MrBorreli
Member since 2013 • 96 Posts
WOOOOOOOO!!! I'm getting excited just thinking about an advance wars game for the 3DS! I wish we had a time estimate though...
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
I prefer Fire Emblem, but I'm willing to give Advance Wars a try if they ever come back.
brentendo3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 brentendo3

It's interesting, I've found that both sides are pretty equal to what series they like better, but they can both usually agree that both franchises are awesome.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34670 Posts

Yeah, I love me some AW.. A bit off topic, but another thing I'd love Intelligent Systems to do is another Metroid. They did Super Metroid, and that game is nothing short of a masterpiece.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#11 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

It'd be cool to see Advance Wars on 3DS. I'm paying the first game and it's awesome, pretty tough though.

brentendo3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 brentendo3

Yeah, I love me some AW.. A bit off topic, but another thing I'd love Intelligent Systems to do is another Metroid. They did Super Metroid, and that game is nothing short of a masterpiece.

Litchie

Wow, I never knew this. I thought all the 2D Metroids were made by Nintendo R&D.

It'd be cool to see Advance Wars on 3DS. I'm paying the first game and it's awesome, pretty tough though.

turtlethetaffer

Yea they are hard, I always find the fog of war levels to be the worst lol.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Given the success of Fire Emblem: Awakening, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a really great Advanced Wars title on the 3DS.
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

The world needs another Advance Wars. 

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Liked the games. Prefer the darker story. Hope they make another. But have low expectations that they will
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#16 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I hope they make another Advance Wars game, Awakening was amazing and I'm confident they can make the next Advance Wars game just as great. Did not many people like the darker tone of Days of Ruin? I thought it was great! I wouldn't mind if they made the next one similar but I'd also be alright if they went back to the original style.