Importing from japan

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blitz1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blitz1027
Member since 2004 • 90 Posts

Hi all I have two questions first and foremost does anyone know if they are going to bring Bleach ds to the US?  

Second is if not can someone who can't read japanese going to be able to play this game.  I love the Bleach anime and I would love to play the bleach games on my ds.  Thanks in advance 

Blitz1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Blitz1027
Also which is better bleach one or two?
*kupo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 *kupo123
Member since 2003 • 142 Posts

Well, I have only borrowed my friend copy of this, however obviously the 2nd game has had some improvement done to it. There is a story mode to this, which probably would require you to be able to read it, and it is a continuation from the first game.

However, because you are asking if it is possible to play it without knowing japanese, apart from story mode, which is still playable, I don't think much knowledge of japanese would be neccessary. There are a couple of mini game which you may have to try trial and error with, but apart from that I cannot think of much else. I understand japanese, however I tell my english-speaking friends that this game is ok to play without knowing japanese. It is quite easy to get to know controls.  

MavsFan2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MavsFan2007
Member since 2006 • 1697 Posts
i also was going to import this game. is wifi any good on the second one?
*kupo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 *kupo123
Member since 2003 • 142 Posts
The wifi play itself, is quite good, however I find it still has quite a few problems with lag. I don't get those problems with my other wifi games, so I think Bleach just happens to be quite laggy unless you are playing against someone from the same country.
Blitz1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blitz1027
Thanks alot I'll probally import mine next week.  Thanks again
mtburdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mtburdell
Member since 2007 • 998 Posts
There's some videos of this as well as Jump Ultimate Superstars on You Tube. Pink Godzilla from Seattle also has these games; quicker than importing. I don't work for them...I just recommended them 3 times now because I got Ouendan in like 4 days.
Akamashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Akamashi
Member since 2006 • 319 Posts
play-asia is a great site for this stuff. I just got Bleach 2nd a couple days ago. I enjoy it. Judging by the fact that they are only on episode 27ish here in the states, I would say it's going to be a while before it is ported over.
ArchonBasic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ArchonBasic
Member since 2002 • 6420 Posts
Porting the first game over would make a lot of sense since the anime seems to be doing really well in the states and the DS games are very good, but there's been no word of a port so who knows how long it'll be or if it will even happen. I traded for the first game a month ago and it's great - loads of content, I've had a ton of fun with wi-fi, and the developers made good use of the license. The game is definitely playable (though you'll need an FAQ at first) but you won't have a clue what anyone is saying in the story mode. There's a partial translation for Ichigo's story for the first game on GameFAQs, maybe there will be more translation for the 2nd game. IMO the Bleach games are worth it for the wi-fi alone, they're definitely the best fighting games on the DS.