Im totaly agreeing with IGN

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eric813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 eric813
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts
I was listening to the nintendo IGN podcast and i know their has been alot of fanboy hate on them based on some of their latest reviews. Im not sure who it was wheter it be matt or bozon but one of the guys pointed out people should suck it up a buy these hardcore tiles like madworld rather then rent. Im totaly agreeing with this. If we as harcore wii owner want more games like mad world and want more games ditched like carnival games we have to support these games. Renting these games will only benefit are wallets and not our game quality down the line of wii's life. I think we all need to start buying these games rather then renting them beacsue by doing this we will get a better experience out of our wii's down the line game quality wise.
XprimeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 XprimeX
Member since 2006 • 1148 Posts

I dont have a wii but I totally agree with you, as a 360 gamer I honestly look at some of the wii games and wish I could play them. Madworld, Deadly Creatures, The Conduit, Mariokart, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, No More Heroes, Monster Hunter3- just a few for example. When I do get my hands on a wii im supporting any dev whos got theguts to make an ambitious title for the hardcore

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
The Wii only has two games worth buying, and one of them is a port from GC. So when devs put out more games worth buying I'll buy them. Mad World I'd buy if it weren't black and white. Doesn't work for a game and doesn't look stylish either
channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 channtheman1
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts
The Wii only has two games worth buying, and one of them is a port from GC. So when devs put out more games worth buying I'll buy them. Mad World I'd buy if it weren't black and white. Doesn't work for a game and doesn't look stylish eitheristuffedsunny
If you don't want to help yourself and find the games that are worth buying (which is more than 2) than you won't find more than 2 games to buy. But just to name a few games that are worth buying. Super Mario Galaxy SSBB Super Paper Mario Deadly Creatures Trauma Center SO and NB Zack and Wiki No More Heroes and even more than just those. The only way someone can say the Wii has no games worth buying is if they don't want to look for the games that are worth buying.
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

The game looks sooooooo awesome. I just have never gone to buy a Wii because my friend has one. Now I wish I had one of my own just so I could play this whenever I felt like it.

I really hope this game is a GOTY contender. It looks that amazing. So original with the gameplay, and the style. Once I buy a Wii this will be bought with it.

gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 gam3r3OOO
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts

I dont have a wii but I totally agree with you, as a 360 gamer I honestly look at some of the wii games and wish I could play them. Madworld, Deadly Creatures, The Conduit, Mariokart, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, No More Heroes, Monster Hunter3- just a few for example. When I do get my hands on a wii im supporting any dev whos got theguts to make an ambitious title for the hardcore

XprimeX
Well the grass is always greener when you don't own the console and play the games. In all honesty your satisfaction of your games is all proportional to your expectations. IGN is just an intermediary that tries to predict your satisfaction of a game before you buy it by giving the game a number value. They tend to buy into hype and can be sold out to give a game higher reviews. Next time you see a game with high reviews don't be surprised if that same company has plastered the site with their ads.
red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts
its so bizarre how much attention MW is recieving from 'other' fanboys. prime ex.- my friend is micro through and through. buys atleast 3-4 titles a month. but in one of the recent GI issues, there was either an advertising or preview for MW. so i go to his house and he's promoting the game like a stock investor. me being widely informed on most console gamage, played the dummy roll;) i rlly wanted to see my friend (whos all about microsoft btw) tell me about something "WII", i had known months prior. he was over-joyed about his recent discovery that he begged me to reserve. i didnt reserve b/c wii games rarely sellout (which is vaguely the discuss of this thread). buttttt i did get my days mixed up and went to my local gs (which is i corporation i do not like to support) expecting to grab the title w/ my anticipating friend. we both shared disappointment. quickly alleviated though, b/c i just paid the game out so on the following day (today) i can be in and out. i think i made the right move overall, b/c im buying/supporting quality wii games/developers. but thats just me, asking people to buy a game in these years is more complex and intimate. a few guys in a podcast doesnt know the financial status of the gamer. hardcore or.....other. consumers need to feel more of a connection w/ the games they purchase, simply b/c the risk of a one night stand maybe too grave for their 'now' responsible wallets. you cant force people to buy games, but i think they should enjoy the offering equivilent to the consumer who can just go on game spree's and transact. and thats where renting occurs. i dont rent but i do see the rationale in doing so. im also sure that the creators do see reward from the rental community, marginal reward, but a reward nonetheless. so dont be hasty to say buy, buy, buy, b/c thats unjust to a gamer who just cant. if that doesnt sway ya. a true gamer should always want his fellow gamer -rich or poor- to digest those epic moments only video games can deliver? ok if that doesnt... the perfect game is $100. you buy b/c its perfect. you want to play your friends online (all perfect games need online). but the price is so large, they cant. but you just had untold amounts of mirth and glee on this flawless game and you want to play w/ some pals. soooo you tell your buddy to rent so you can all enjoy it together. and im sure they dont wanna lease that game forever, so eventually they garner some creds and buy it. no harm, yes game AND IF THAT DOEST WORK.... jp :)
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
Almost all third party games on Wii suck, and I say that because they are either shovelware or a game that I complete within 1-2days. Only great games on Wii are as follows. Super Mario Galaxy Zelda: TP Metroid Prime Corruption Red Steel Smash Bros Brawl Super Paper Mario Mario Kart Wii No More Heroes Battalion Wars 2 Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi 3 Excite Trucks Fire Emblem Metal Slug Anthology RESI 4 That is pretty much all of Wii's great games at the moment...anything else is either a good game or a poor game. All I want is Nintendo to wake up and gain back control of their console...make some actual good bloody games...thats all.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts

Only great games on Wii are as follows.

Red Steelstike22

I'm glad you have the final rule over whether a game is great or not.

Oh and here. LINK

You're missing some of the best and counting some of the worst.

If that was the definitive list of great games on the system, I wouldn't still have a Wii.

Ultamite-Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Ultamite-Ninja
Member since 2007 • 1109 Posts
[QUOTE="istuffedsunny"]The Wii only has two games worth buying, and one of them is a port from GC. So when devs put out more games worth buying I'll buy them. Mad World I'd buy if it weren't black and white. Doesn't work for a game and doesn't look stylish eitherchanntheman1
If you don't want to help yourself and find the games that are worth buying (which is more than 2) than you won't find more than 2 games to buy. But just to name a few games that are worth buying. Super Mario Galaxy SSBB Super Paper Mario Deadly Creatures Trauma Center SO and NB Zack and Wiki No More Heroes and even more than just those. The only way someone can say the Wii has no games worth buying is if they don't want to look for the games that are worth buying.

I shall add to the list! Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn Twilight Princess Metroid Prime 3 Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles Mario Kart Wii Rune Factory Frontier
Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts

I think you are all missing out on games such a Boom Blox, De Blob, Bully, Shaun White, MLB Power Pros, PES2008 (and hopefully 2009), FIFA 2009, RE:4, RE:UC.

Phil

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

I agree with IGN too. The guys who rent obviously play games a lot and I betsome of them probably complain on forums about there not being any good games on Wii. They need to understand how much time and effort goes into making these games. They take years and the talented people behind them should get paid for their hard work. Publishers need to knowif thesegames will sell on Wii and its up to usto provethat there is an audience for core titles on Wii. I've done my bit. Mad World will be my 28th Wii game :)

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
There is no such thing as a hardcore game -- so I refuse to listen to them. I'll buy whatever I want, not whatever is 'hardcore' according to them.
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts
I don't like being told what to buy and I am not buying this game just to support games made for a relatively small audience. Don't get me wrong I hope MW does really well with it's intended audience but that's just so I can stop reading the threads about lack of good games. On another note, would you ever suggest to those 'other' console owners that they should purchase Carnival Games so that more 'casual' games would come to them? I think not.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#15 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

There are alot of good games on the Wii. I agree most of them are ports like Resident Evil 4,Okami,Zelda Twilight Princess but there's also Metroid Prime 3,Super Mario Galaxy,Super Smash Bros Brawl,No More Heroes,World of Goo and more.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
You cant force people into buying a game if they dont want to. I think you should support good games, and i buy anything i like. But i like to try some out first, so i rent them. Ive made the mistake at buying a game because it looks good, most recently Rygar, but i rented deadly creatures, house of dead, and tales of sym. b4 i bought all 3. The Wii has tons of good games, its just that too many people buy the crappy mini games, and they get the spot light. Who's fault is it that a game like Deadly Creatures doesnt sell??? Only the publishers for not advertising. It is a great game, worth the $, but no one bought it because of the 5 people i know who have a Wii, im the only one who even heard of it, and that is because of this site.
Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dingerious
Member since 2009 • 685 Posts

I understand the predicament, but I shouldn't be forced to buy a game I don't want to buy just to have a chance to buy a game I really want to buy.

Yes, I'm buying Madworld. Don't get'cha panties in a bunch.

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
[QUOTE="AlexSays"]

[QUOTE="stike22"]Only great games on Wii are as follows.

Red Steel

I'm glad you have the final rule over whether a game is great or not.

Oh and here. LINK

You're missing some of the best and counting some of the worst.

If that was the definitive list of great games on the system, I wouldn't still have a Wii.

I didn't mean it to be definite, but those are most of the games that can be considered great games on Wii, and the fact is they are, all the others are either just good or poor or shovelware...simple...If you had a problem with Red Steel then thats your opinion but the game sold and they are making a second one so it wasn't a flop.
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
I don't like being told what to buy and I am not buying this game just to support games made for a relatively small audience. Don't get me wrong I hope MW does really well with it's intended audience but that's just so I can stop reading the threads about lack of good games. On another note, would you ever suggest to those 'other' console owners that they should purchase Carnival Games so that more 'casual' games would come to them? I think not.DDRMom
Carnival games has already sold. Matt wants people to buy this game because there are already too many minigame fest on the Wii(waits for jaysonguy to comment). Games like Madworld dont come around too often but games like Carnival games come out once every week as it seems. Anyways I just bought Madworld to day and I will be enjoying shortly.
Boomarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Boomarley
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

[QUOTE="channtheman1"][QUOTE="istuffedsunny"]The Wii only has two games worth buying, and one of them is a port from GC. So when devs put out more games worth buying I'll buy them. Mad World I'd buy if it weren't black and white. Doesn't work for a game and doesn't look stylish eitherUltamite-Ninja

I shall add to the list! Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn Twilight Princess Metroid Prime 3 Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles Mario Kart Wii Rune Factory Frontier

Wait, you've played it already? How'd it go?

Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts

The Wii only has two games worth buying, and one of them is a port from GC. So when devs put out more games worth buying I'll buy them. Mad World I'd buy if it weren't black and white. Doesn't work for a game and doesn't look stylish eitheristuffedsunny

There are tons of games worth buying on Wii, especially for you considering your standards are pretty low when it comes to your other consoles. Infinite Undiscovery and Rumble Roses, really?

Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts

Almost all third party games on Wii suck, and I say that because they are either shovelware or a game that I complete within 1-2days. Only great games on Wii are as follows. Super Mario Galaxy Zelda: TP Metroid Prime Corruption Red Steel Smash Bros Brawl Super Paper Mario Mario Kart Wii No More Heroes Battalion Wars 2 Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi 3 Excite Trucks Fire Emblem Metal Slug Anthology RESI 4 That is pretty much all of Wii's great games at the moment...anything else is either a good game or a poor game. All I want is Nintendo to wake up and gain back control of their console...make some actual good bloody games...thats all.stike22

Red Steel? Red Steel is garbage, friend. If Red Steel is your idea of a great game then the Wii has a ton more where that trash crawled up from. The fact that you include turd like Red Steel on your list but exclude things like WarioWare, Okami, Endless Ocean, Zak and Wiki and the rest of 75% of the Wii library that surpasses Red Steel in quality is a shame.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
I didn't mean it to be definitestike22
Yes you did. You said that was "the" list. And you just said all games not on that list are either "just good" or poor. That's wrong.
If you had a problem with Red Steel then thats your opinion but the game sold and they are making a second one so it wasn't a flop.stike22
Selling well doesn't make it great. That's wrong too. Stop passing your opinion off as fact. A game isn't great to everyone else because you say so.
eric813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 eric813
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts
What do you mean theri is only two good games for the wii. There is definently more. The black and white in madworld has got to be the most stylish game on the wii do date. The way the red bllod catches your eye through the balck and white worlds, how is that not stylish
nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
uhh... it is stylish, and one of the best games to come out this YEAR. and there are tons of games that rock on wii. Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, MadWorld, SSBB, Mario Kart Wii, and a ton more.
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

XprimeX
well said
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

you are all wrong, there is only one game worth buying when it comes to Wii. It kicks the crap out of anything out there out now, and will reign supreme until the death of the console. It is......

ANUBIS II

flarebrass13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 flarebrass13
Member since 2009 • 96 Posts

the new podcast was actually pretty hilarious, i'm sure alot of people that listened might have been insulted but i found it hilarious, there are alot of whiny kids out there that is for sure. I agree with supporting games as long as they're good and if that is the case i will purchase the game. I'm also a sucker for an original graphical presentation too.

Speaking of which they breifly mentioned muramasa again and said it looks sexy, that is one game i'm instantly purchasing :)

yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
[QUOTE="stike22"]Almost all third party games on Wii suck, and I say that because they are either shovelware or a game that I complete within 1-2days. Only great games on Wii are as follows. Super Mario Galaxy Zelda: TP Metroid Prime Corruption Red Steel Smash Bros Brawl Super Paper Mario Mario Kart Wii No More Heroes Battalion Wars 2 Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi 3 Excite Trucks Fire Emblem Metal Slug Anthology RESI 4 That is pretty much all of Wii's great games at the moment...anything else is either a good game or a poor game. All I want is Nintendo to wake up and gain back control of their console...make some actual good bloody games...thats all.

all i saw was red steel under a great game category and decided to stop looking at your comment. haha.
Avatar image for christ4ever9889
christ4ever9889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 christ4ever9889
Member since 2007 • 1349 Posts

I agree with you in a sense, I understand where you are coming from but some really good games are only worth a rent, I don't care how long or short mad world is because I want the game enough where I think it's worth a buy, even though it's short I think it's a game I'll be wanting to replay or just show off to my friends I can kill someone more brutally than they can, but it's something that's again to me is worth a buy compared to something like mario party 8 which is a good game but I wouldn't have enough people over to want to play it enough (not nearly as much fun on your own) but to spend a$10 bucks and have entertainment for a bunch of people for a good few hours is more worth it than spending $40 fora game I'll play a little bit here andthere.