If You Could Remake the DS...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for orangeturtle472
OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 OrangeTurtle472
Member since 2007 • 2636 Posts
What feature would you add/change/remove? I'd like maybe a whole new style, like that DS that has been shown on YouTube that everyone says is fake. I mean, that DS needs adjustments too, i.e. the screen is so thin it could break, etc. But a new design would be cool. How abotu you guys?
jacobs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jacobs06
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts
Maybe if the second screen could flip down or inward when not using it (when playing gba games). And maybe add motion sensoring like with the i phone (and this would work better if the second screen could flap down). And I wish developers would find better uses for the microphone. ALthough I can't blame them either cause either way I feel rediculous spitting/blowing into the mic. I haven't really had a chance to test it with conversations though. But this is all hypothetical right?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Nothing

It's one of the most perfectly designed pieces of electronics I've ever had the pleasure of using.

iamsammy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 iamsammy71
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts
I like it the way it is.
-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 -Sigil-
Member since 2008 • 556 Posts

I really wanted this model as the first

Spade_Crisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Spade_Crisis
Member since 2007 • 809 Posts

-Sigil-

Wow....just wow

iamsammy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iamsammy71
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts

lol

I know this is old. Its just here for laughs.

-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Sigil-

lol

I know this is old. Its just here for laughs.

iamsammy71

:shock: SWEET JEBUS!

-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Sigil-
[QUOTE="-Sigil-"]

Spade_Crisis

Wow....just wow

Thats not what I would want NOW, Im saying I wish that model was the first model instead of that.... wierd, rombajoid shaped first model...

floppydiscs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 floppydiscs
Member since 2008 • 204 Posts

The only thing I probably would add was to make pictochat wificompatible. I've heard people talking about this before and I think it would be cool to have a aim like system on your ds :3. I also think that it would be cool to be able to draw in colors in pictochat...Oh and maybe make the homescreen a little more streamline and modern looking.

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts
It is a great system and probably my favourite system (other than the SNES of course). All I would change would be ditch the friend codes (although its not as bad on DS as it is on wii) and make it so all the things you can do in local wireless could be done over wi-fi.
Felix77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Felix77
Member since 2004 • 1713 Posts
I would make it so the Lite can fit the GBA games without sticking out the bottom. Not a big deal but still slightly annoying that it doesn't fit. Secondly, have a set gamertag so you can have a friendslist.
joshstyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 joshstyle
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts

i wunnt remake the ds i wun remake the GAMES

halofanatic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 halofanatic12
Member since 2008 • 655 Posts
that the wifi connection went farther than 30 feet
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
Bigger screens, better dpad. Those are what I'd want for now.
laser-pointer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 laser-pointer
Member since 2008 • 584 Posts
i would like a better D-pad, better graphics, bigger screens, and an anolog stick similar to the psp.
EnigManic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#17 EnigManic
Member since 2008 • 1804 Posts

I agree. I'd want bigger screens and better graphics. Also, maybe a plug near the D-pad so you could a use a removable analog stick.

vanurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 vanurk
Member since 2006 • 80 Posts
then buy yourself a psp.. it has a bigger screen, better graphics and a analog stick kidding aside, I think the only thing the ds needs is a more comfortable grip playing for too long really can cramp yout hands
EnigManic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EnigManic

then buy yourself a psp.. it has a bigger screen, better graphics and a analog stick kidding aside, I think the only thing the ds needs is a more comfortable grip playing for too long really can cramp yout handsvanurk

Kidding aside, I prefer the DS's ability to fold down when not in use to protect the screen. More importantly, I love the dual screens. I find the touch screen functionality in most games to be superb. I just wish the screens were a little bigger.

Avatar image for Stancel_Spencer
Stancel_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Stancel_Spencer
Member since 2008 • 129 Posts

What feature would you add/change/remove? I'd like maybe a whole new style, like that DS that has been shown on YouTube that everyone says is fake. I mean, that DS needs adjustments too, i.e. the screen is so thin it could break, etc. But a new design would be cool. How abotu you guys?amirbrandon

- One larger screen

The dual screens aren't necessary. Not only is the game smaller, but the touch screen only serves usually as a map or something that could be toggled just on one screen. We can keep the touch screen capability but they should have not added that top screen.

- Better 3D

This is a no-brainer. The 3D on the DS and on the PSP aren't comparable. The technology is there Nintendo somehow didn't work hard enough on it. Nobody's asking them to be just as good as Sony but they can't just go all blah on this issue.

- thumbstick

3D isn't easy with a D-pad.

- Online Pictochat

I'm sorry, but Pictochat is just ridiculous. Let's all sit together and chat on our DS! What's the point? I'd rather there be online chatrooms and instant messaging.

- DS Internet

- A DS digital photo/video camera accessory.

- Movies and MP3's downloading.

of course, these are really my suggestion for Nintendo's next-gen handheld. The DS just wasn't that great. I'm hoping they'll take these suggestions to heart maybe.
EnigManic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 EnigManic

...The dual screens aren't necessary. Not only is the game smaller, but the touch screen only serves usually as a map or something that could be toggled just on one screen... That would be self-defeating, wouldn't it?

...This is a no-brainer. The 3D on the DS and on the PSP aren't comparable...Nobody's asking them to be just as good as Sony... Is this turning into a System Wars topic?Stancel_Spencer

Avatar image for Stancel_Spencer
Stancel_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Stancel_Spencer
Member since 2008 • 129 Posts
[QUOTE="Stancel_Spencer"]

...The dual screens aren't necessary. Not only is the game smaller, but the touch screen only serves usually as a map or something that could be toggled just on one screen... That would be self-defeating, wouldn't it?

...This is a no-brainer. The 3D on the DS and on the PSP aren't comparable...Nobody's asking them to be just as good as Sony... Is this turning into a System Wars topic?EnigManic

Self-defeating? One screen wasn't self-defeating for the GBA. What does that even mean? Having 2 screens serves little real purpose. No I am not bashing Nintendo but I don't think I should have to worship at their every decision to post here.

Bibiqum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bibiqum
Member since 2006 • 162 Posts
Hah i like your sig amirbrandon
OG_GhostKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OG_GhostKilla
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

I'd put a button to change the light level while playing. Also, I like the feel of the ds lite's d pad, but it isn't responsive enough in certain games.

Also should have

DS menu updates using wifi

Pictochat wifi, voice chat in pictochat too

An anolog stick could be cool, one thats in the ds, you

push the top and it comes out, push it straight back in when you're done

Louder sound

A game pack that will fit completely in the DSL you can put music and other stuff on, and downloadable software from wifi that'll let you use it

3 screens

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
i would remove GBA slot, so it could be smaller,
WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#26 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts
Motion sensitive, that's it.
vanurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vanurk
Member since 2006 • 80 Posts
bah.. you are only naming a lot of unnecesary stuff.. they are not going to remake the ds for those features.. and about the clip-clap ds.. isn't that making the ds to large ? and if I think what you are thinking your touchscreen would be rather exposed. and louder sound ? are you deaf or something ? even when a little bit slided it's making a decibels that brings me to another point I just thought of something that would be handy.. I hear a lot of people complaining about it.. a wheel in stead of a slider for the sound it's really hard to get the ideal volume this way, it's either too loud or too soft. just my cent..
Vickyteusz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Vickyteusz
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts

I suppose I would add a built in browser :3

And a screen light ajuster like in the GameBoy visiblity slider....thing.

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

I would make it so the Lite can fit the GBA games without sticking out the bottom. Not a big deal but still slightly annoying that it doesn't fit. Secondly, have a set gamertag so you can have a friendslist.Felix77

Agreed. Especially on the gamertag thing. Obviously if we are talking about a new DS then we wont get that but if we are talking about a brand new system that is a sequel to the DS they have to make set gamertags.

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
. a wheel in stead of a slider for the sound it's really hard to get the ideal volume this way, it's either too loud or too soft. just my cent..vanurk
i agree the volume with a wheel was easier to get but with DS the slider is too hard to get right volume easy:x
EnigManic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 EnigManic

[QUOTE="vanurk"] . a wheel in stead of a slider for the sound it's really hard to get the ideal volume this way, it's either too loud or too soft. just my cent..Jdog30
i agree the volume with a wheel was easier to get but with DS the slider is too hard to get right volume easy:x

I absolutely agree. And thanks for bringing that up. I should have thought of it sooner.

celtics34fan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 celtics34fan10
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

i would make it be able to play gbc games.

Gaming4_Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gaming4_Life
Member since 2007 • 775 Posts
everything is perfect, except for the d-pad. I want a nub atleast.....