If Nintendo is planning on releasing pay to play online the are hiding BIG plans

This topic is locked from further discussion.

linkforever1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 linkforever1
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts

If pay to play online is coming out this year with chat, ranks, no friend codes, something similar to gamertags and more they must be hiding some big games in there also. Although this isn't complete proof did anyone notice how BARE the online was in brawl. Fun it was, but they gave you the minimum. I am almost positive brawl will take advantage of the pay to play online along with mario kart.

In addition to release a service like this nintendo has to have partnered with a lot of companies to expand their very narrow online base. I expect many major companies to start pumping out online games that are as indept as those seen on the 360 and PS3. I also expect nintendo to have a few new games to release alongside the service. Such as a new online metriod(one that is much better than hunters). Maybe a new Fps too would be refreshing if nintendo made it. Possibly a MMO such as animal crossing, or something we havent even seen yet. For the most part I expect the wii to get a lot more FPS games because of this service and the controls are just so good. They are the most successful genre to play online by far. But I'm sure nintendo will expand that while treating us with super good FPS games.

What are your hopes for Pay to Play. I am very happy for nintendo's solution to protecting kids while keeping mature gamers happy. I am saving up for a 360/PS3 and who know maybe they will make me change my mind and stick solely with my wii.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
My hopes are that they'll make games you have to pay for PROPER online games, I mean no friends codes, a P2P channel icon which you click and can choose a name and stuff like on XBL, because it's easier to remember a name than it is a 12 digit code that you didn't decide. DLC for games, especially GH3 and when it arrives, Rock Band. A Hard Drive to store the content as well.
linkforever1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 linkforever1
Yeah for all the online stuff they are doing we are going to need a hard drive. All I have on my wii is games saves, two super nintendo games, the new channels, and the latest updates and my wii has under a 100 blocks.
mmofnbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 mmofnbs
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts
Due to the horrid online play in just about everything except for MOH2 I doubt many would take stake in a P2P service considering the free service was so horrible.
linkforever1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 linkforever1

I guess no one can read on this forum.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

Well, the pay to play service is apparently nothing big and I think it's just supposed to be for extra features in games. I don't think it's going to change anything drastically but it'd be nice if it did.

A new FPS (that's not metroid related) would be great and an MMO would be pretty nice too. An Animal Crossing MMO would be pretty good too I suppose.

Friend codes aren't a big deal but most people find them a hassle so getting rid of them would probably make many people happy.

My hopes for p2p service aren't high but it'd be nice if Nintendo surprised us with it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
Pay to Play is mostly for third parties.
Brad__hh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Brad__hh
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts
I hope not because i dnt want 2 pay 2 play online on the wii. Most of thier online games arent that good anyways