Ideas for Wii-exclusive features for Guitar Hero: World Tour Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

N-One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 N-One
Member since 2008 • 320 Posts

Here are some ideas for GH:WT Wii from Big Dog 1333 of IGN

This is from the article on IGN titled "Bringing Guitar Hero World Tour to Wii" and I quote:

IGN: The Wii version of GHIII has sold through the roof. Will you be doing anything exclusive for the Wii build of World Tour?

Karthik: A dedicated team at VV is building the game for the Wii, in parallel with Neversoft's efforts on PS3 & 360, o a lot of the features you will see are being built in a Wii specific way. In addition to that, we're doing some Wii exclusive stuff we can't talk about just yet.

End quote.

So with that said and this being a GHWT Wii board, I would like to throw out there speculations of what these features could be. Now there may not be that many, I mean we are going to get a lot for the Wii-build anyway, but it does perk up the curiosity. I would like to throw out some ideas and maybe we can get some critiques or more ideas to add to the pile. So here we go:

-Mii use. Since VV and Nintendo have been working closely for this game (wii points will be used to buy and download new songs), could there be a chance of "mii"s being used in the game in some capacity. I really like the create-a-character mode and will use it soon as I get it. But could there be another mode where your mii could be on the stage rocking out. Would be good for the kids, or if you could also pimp out your mii with accessories from the game. Or if in another mode, replace the front of the crowd with the miis you have created rocking out to the music(Only in a special kind of mode because I can see how that would get annoying over time). Not likely to happen in any form, but its stil an interesting thought, especially since my nephew plays drums and likes to see his mii in any game.

-Gift DL songs. Since Nintendo likes to gift games on VC, could you also gift songs to your friends and send them to their Wii.

-System-exclusive songs. Its only a matter of time when a rock version of the Mario and Zelda will become available. Whether on disk or through DLC.

-WiiSpeak. Its my hope that the new speaking periphial will be compatible with GHWT even though it will come out later than Guitar Hero. Who hear would not want to throw a verbal B-F over a song while playing online world tour with a stranger from across the country.

-Photo Channel Use. Another idea could be that you can use the music downloaded from GHWT in the photo channel for slide shows.

DL Songs. This is just pure speculation on my part and have not heard a rumors about this. Since VV is making the game and the music charts. Could they offer more songs available for download with the GH3 songs that were released on PS360 DLC but for the Wii and with full band capability.

Well those are just a few ideas off the top of my head. I'm sure there are better ones out there and hope to hear about them. Everyone keep it real and avoid the clap!

Are they any good?

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts
mario, zelda, and metroid music=all i need
Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Hyrule-master
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts

I have to say those are some of the best ideas I have heard for GH for Wii. I really like the Mii one. I know it wont happen because Nintendo is very protective of letting companies use them. (which is foolish because you cant make good avatars if they are barely supported). I just hope the Miis are used for online tracking in some way.

They better let us have GHIII songs after not letting us use them in GHIII. also they should go even firther and have every song from GH 1 and 2.

Also I dont see why not every online game from here on out cant support voice chat even if its not that important in GH.

Anyway my idea include using the Wii universal FC for GH friend list.

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

lol last time a music game said they were making an "exclusive" Wii version (Rock Band) it sucked (Rock Band lacks many features, of course, the core gameply is still good, but why the hell would you spend all that time and have the finished product be worse than the ones you've already released?)

But I've heard GH:World Tour will have mostly the same stuff as teh 360 and PS3, and even let you play downloaded songs off your SD card. If they actually manage to pull it off, kudos to them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts
As for console exclusive music I NEED F-Zero's Endless Challenge (mute city theme) specifically the version from F-zero GX.
vwgti3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vwgti3
Member since 2004 • 118 Posts

Yea It would be nice if you could play Mario Zelda songs ETC...but how much R these songs going to be?

I dont see why Nintendo wouldnt try N put out Nintendo songs, because the 360 version of GH3 had a Halo theme song

slyux432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 slyux432
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
I just hope they dont do what rock band did with they're wii version.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts
They really need to get some songs by the Black Mages or Metroid Metal in the game. That would basically guarantee that I'd pick up the Wii version.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

They really need to get some songs by the Black Mages or Metroid Metal in the game. That would basically guarantee that I'd pick up the Wii version.GabuEx

you sir = 100% corretct!

SomeOddGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 SomeOddGuy
Member since 2008 • 1706 Posts

They really need to get some songs by the Black Mages or Metroid Metal in the game. That would basically guarantee that I'd pick up the Wii version.GabuEx

I've heard of the Black Mages when I was looking for some sound files for some FF songs. I really only listened to two of the remixes they've made, and I would be more inclined to picking this game up if they were to do that.(regardless I was already crazy about the game after I heard that the company would fully support it instead of porting it)

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts
We need Nintendo songs downloadable. How about those remixed Kirby Brawl tunes? Or the DK Rap?
SomeOddGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 SomeOddGuy
Member since 2008 • 1706 Posts

We need Nintendo songs downloadable. How about those remixed Kirby Brawl tunes? Or the DK Rap?toadster101

I don't know about DK Rap... That song would really only be good for vocals and possibly bass. You have to keep in mind that this is a FULL BAND experience.