I want ChronoTrigger....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VFXman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 VFXman
Member since 2004 • 2448 Posts
....dammit nintendo....
Alexromans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Alexromans
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
agreed.
WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WhiteSnake5000
Member since 2005 • 12454 Posts
I have Chrono Trigger on FF Chronicles.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
....dammit nintendo....VFXman
Isn't it up to SquareEnix to actually make it for VC anyway? Nintendo releases them, sure, but SE hasn't had any VC games yet...
Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts
I have Chrono Trigger on FF Chronicles. WhiteSnake5000

Same here, playing it right now. The game still holds up nicely.

Anyway, to the TC, I suggest you go out and track down a copy of Final Fantasy Chronicles for PS1, it comes with both Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger. I managed to find a recently published copy (had Square-Enix branding on it instead of Squaresoft) so it seems that the game is still in production, and all I payed was $10. If you don't have a PS1, PS2 or PS3 to play it on then I guess you're out of luck since the SNES version is selling for a high premium on eBay, you'll have to wait for the VC release if you're unwilling to spend the cash for the SNES cart.
Saruman1719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Saruman1719
Member since 2003 • 12466 Posts
[QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"]I have Chrono Trigger on FF Chronicles. Master_Hermes

Anyway, to the TC, I suggest you go out and track down a copy of Final Fantasy Chronicles for PS1, it comes with both Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger. I managed to find a recently published copy (had Square-Enix branding on it instead of Squaresoft) so it seems that the game is still in production, and all I payed was $10. If you don't have a PS1, PS2 or PS3 to play it on then I guess you're out of luck since the SNES version is selling for a high premium on eBay, you'll have to wait for the VC release if you're unwilling to spend the cash for the SNES cart.

I have to disagree with this. The horrendous loading times makes Chrono Trigger nearly unplayable on that collection.
Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts
[QUOTE="Master_Hermes"][QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"]I have Chrono Trigger on FF Chronicles. Saruman1719

I have to disagree with this. The horrendous loading times makes Chrono Trigger nearly unplayable on that collection.

I agree that the loading times are bad (not "uplayable," though), but if you're desprate to play this thing like I was and the TC seems to be, then you can get over the loading. Besides that the FFC collection would be far cheaper than tracking down the SNES original.
Saruman1719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Saruman1719
[QUOTE="Saruman1719"][QUOTE="Master_Hermes"][QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"]I have Chrono Trigger on FF Chronicles. Master_Hermes

I agree that the loading times are bad (not "uplayable," though), but if you're desprate to play this thing like I was and the TC seems to be, then you can get over the loading. Besides that the FFC collection would be far cheaper than tracking down the SNES original.

Like I said, nearly. I actually tracked down the original cart because of how bad it was. You're right about the collection being cheaper but I guess you get what you pay for.
WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WhiteSnake5000
[QUOTE="Master_Hermes"][QUOTE="Saruman1719"][QUOTE="Master_Hermes"][QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"]I have Chrono Trigger on FF Chronicles. Saruman1719

Like I said, nearly. I actually tracked down the original cart because of how bad it was. You're right about the collection being cheaper but I guess you get what you pay for.

I thought the loading times were fine. 10-20 seconds never hurts anyone...
Saruman1719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Saruman1719
[QUOTE="Saruman1719"][QUOTE="Master_Hermes"][QUOTE="Saruman1719"][QUOTE="Master_Hermes"][QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"]I have Chrono Trigger on FF Chronicles. WhiteSnake5000

Having 2-3 seconds of loading before every battle and the slowness of the menus adds up extremely quick. It may not sound like a big deal to anyone who hasn't experienced it, but for someone who has, I'm surprised it doesn't bother you.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts
[QUOTE="VFXman"]....dammit nintendo....MAILER_DAEMON
Isn't it up to SquareEnix to actually make it for VC anyway? Nintendo releases them, sure, but SE hasn't had any VC games yet...

But Nintendo can ask them to make the game for the VC, or at least a port to the GBA, DS or even better a new chapter!
reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts
[QUOTE="VFXman"]....dammit nintendo....MAILER_DAEMON

its weird why their not milkin that franchise when they are doing it to FF7
NaughtyZeut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NaughtyZeut
Member since 2002 • 194 Posts
ChronoTrigger has been desired for ages by all sorts of people.  I remember when they started doing the FF ports on the GBA, and everyone was wanting ChronoTrigger on the GBA, too.  No one knows why they didn't except for Square-Enix I guess.  Since Square-Enix hasn't released anything on the VC yet, let's hope that if they do, they'll bring this one out for it.  I have the PS1 version of it, but I can't stand the load times.  I remember how it played on the SNES, but too bad I wasn't the owner of it then.  I borrowed it from a friend back when it was released.    
DGM09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DGM09
Member since 2003 • 432 Posts
http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=95568 
NaughtyZeut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NaughtyZeut
Member since 2002 • 194 Posts
Oh well.  I guess that explains the lack of a GBA port, too.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

I have Chrono Trigger on FF Chronicles. WhiteSnake5000

isnt the load times in that game terrible?

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
I know, I want it too.
WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WhiteSnake5000
[QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"][QUOTE="Saruman1719"][QUOTE="Master_Hermes"][QUOTE="Saruman1719"][QUOTE="Master_Hermes"][QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"]I have Chrono Trigger on FF Chronicles. Saruman1719

Having 2-3 seconds of loading before every battle and the slowness of the menus adds up extremely quick. It may not sound like a big deal to anyone who hasn't experienced it, but for someone who has, I'm surprised it doesn't bother you.

Yeah I actually found the loading times in a games like FF7 to FF9 much worse.