I think I have a defective Wii (please help)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Inferno636

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Inferno636
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

My Wii has this problem where it'll keep on not syncing up with the controllers (already synced). It'll basically after entering or leaving a channel (any random channel) the controllers won't sync up any more as if I had never synced them. Then when I try to re-sync it won't detect the remotes. This is happening more and more frequently. And I also noticed that the internet is going a lot slower than usual but on the computer and router it's fine. Please tell me if I should keep it longer (it's been happening since about January) or if I should send it back (I still have a warranty left).

Inferno636

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Inferno636
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts
And I got it on the first day thanks to my brother.
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

Do you have  any other bluetooth devices in the area that might be interfereing?

You should definitely at least call Nintendo about it. They'll take care of you.

geo888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 geo888
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts
You should try calling nintendo and seeing if they can help you.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Try unplugging the Wii for a bit and then trying it. I've had a few syncing problems and this cured it; although it wasn't as bad as you're describing...
Slingblade1170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Slingblade1170
Member since 2005 • 437 Posts

I too had to unplug my Wii once or twice for that problem

Mystic_Gohan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Mystic_Gohan-
Member since 2003 • 53 Posts
under the disc tray there is a hidden compartment that opens up there is a brownish button that needs to be pressed when trying to sync the remotes to the system when they sync that way it will fix your problems ie i had the same problem and one day my remote stopped working compeltly i was so sad i never got to use my wii for a month and than found that button but it fixed my problems hope it helps you out
endovana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 endovana
Member since 2006 • 307 Posts

My Wii has this problem where it'll keep on not syncing up with the controllers (already synced). It'll basically after entering or leaving a channel (any random channel) the controllers won't sync up any more as if I had never synced them. Then when I try to re-sync it won't detect the remotes. This is happening more and more frequently. And I also noticed that the internet is going a lot slower than usual but on the computer and router it's fine. Please tell me if I should keep it longer (it's been happening since about January) or if I should send it back (I still have a warranty left).

Inferno636

I had a simular problem. Just try turning everything off for a while, (completely off, not just on standby), and then retrying. Also, check your batteries. If that doesnt work, look up the FAQs on nintendo.com. Finally, if you cant find the answer give customer support a call.