I should have done this a long time ago!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Melchezdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Melchezdek
Member since 2005 • 306 Posts
Yesterday I came home from work and my gf came over with a surprise and it was Fire Emblem " Radiant Dawn" for the Wii. I know I am a little late here but I never had the chance to purchase this game because of other titles that were coming out at the time but now I finally have it and its my first Fire Emblem game in the series, ever since I picked up the controller I haven't sat it down since. I just wanted to know if anyone of you guys enjoyed the game, I kind of wish I got into to the series a long time ago and because of this game it made me decide to add Ike as one of my main's in SSBB lol.
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
well if you did that a long time ago you wouldn't be enjoying the game now, right : )
MicWazowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MicWazowski
Member since 2004 • 1704 Posts
I, personally, don't like Strategy games, but my roommates were addicted to that game. I recognize the quality and effort that was put into Radiant Dawn, but it's just not for me. I'm happy for you, though.
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

I love the series and I love Radiant Dawn. Definetly one of my top 5 Wii games, and one of my top 3 series(Trauma Center, Guild Wars and that).

Have fun.

link00745

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 link00745
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
You like it with a 6.0? Do you recommend it.
Falco_648

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Falco_648
Member since 2007 • 1181 Posts
Fire emblems my favorite franchise. The new one for the ds comes out in a little while.
lord_planty45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lord_planty45
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts
lol yeah i thought it was awsome too and also like you its my first game from the series. lol i cant wait till the one for ds comes out , i havent heard anything about it but im pretty sure it will turn out to be good.
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

You like it with a 6.0? Do you recommend it.link00745

That review is one of the worst Gamespot has ever done, one of the worst I have ever seen.

I reccommend it if you like the strategy genre, like Fire Emblem, or just want to try something out.

Melchezdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Melchezdek

With some games don't let a rating judge wether or not if you should buy it. This game has a deep storyline and I love how they have a family tree which shows the connection between the characters of the Fire Emblem Series. If you are a RPG/Strategy game fanatic than this is a perfect game for you to pick up for the wii, and I must warn you the game is very difficult as you progress in the story which makes it even more enjoyable because it requires some thinking before acting bases. I believe that this game should have earned an 7.5 or an 8.0 Gamestop mainly judged it on its graphics and lack of Wii Remote functions.

Trust me go buy it!

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

I'm not altogether familiar with the turn-based strategy genre (apart from certain games like Advance Wars) so I was a bit hesitant to pick this up, although I've always been interested in it.

I never played any other Fire Emblem before but I'm glad I picked Radiant Dawn up. It's incredible. I read Gamespot's review and I have to disagree with it. While I admit it's essentially a Gamecube game, that doesn't stop it from being great.

Easy difficulty is, in fact, easy. Gamespot apparently had trouble with it and claimed the game as having "punishing difficulty". This is not true at all.

So yeah, I agree with you. It's a great game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
I like playing as that Edward kid in the game, I usually have him trained up pretty good whenever I play it. But yeah good games, good series. I recently bought Path of Radiance (the prequel) so now I can enjoy that story in the series in its current entirety.
Melchezdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Melchezdek

I like playing as that Edward kid in the game, I usually have him trained up pretty good whenever I play it. But yeah good games, good series. I recently bought Path of Radiance (the prequel) so now I can enjoy that story in the series in its current entirety.Ovirew

Edward is a pretty good character but it always seems like the enemy always tries to take him out first so I made sure he was the first to upgrade his class to Master Swordsman.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

I'm not altogether familiar with the turn-based strategy genre (apart from certain games like Advance Wars) so I was a bit hesitant to pick this up, although I've always been interested in it.

I never played any other Fire Emblem before but I'm glad I picked Radiant Dawn up. It's incredible. I read Gamespot's review and I have to disagree with it. While I admit it's essentially a Gamecube game, that doesn't stop it from being great.

Easy difficulty is, in fact, easy. Gamespot apparently had trouble with it and claimed the game as having "punishing difficulty". This is not true at all.

Dark_Link142
I haven't played Radiant Dawn but Path of Radiance was not easy. You trying beating that without losing anyone and it takes forever.
MicWazowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MicWazowski
Member since 2004 • 1704 Posts

[QUOTE="link00745"]You like it with a 6.0? Do you recommend it.dragonball3900

That review is one of the worst Gamespot has ever done, one of the worst I have ever seen.

I reccommend it if you like the strategy genre, like Fire Emblem, or just want to try something out.

I just want to say that I agree. I checked the Gamespot score and was ready to tell my friends not to buy it. Fortuneately, I was reminded to check the "Other Reviews" button and everyone else gave it somewhere around an 8. So my roommate bought it and everyone loved it. (and I enjoyed watching it).

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#15 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Gamespot is kinda biased on some things, I've noticed. I think the main reason why I come here on this forum now to talk Nintendo stuff, is because this website was like my go-to-place for daily info during the GameBoy Advance launch and thereafter. I just really liked the layout of the website and could dig the information they had here, and I found out about upcoming games for the GBA here whenever they were announced in Japan, so I knew what I might have to look forward to.

The GBA launch seems like yesterday, when in fact it was nearly a decade ago.

ty_drum_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ty_drum_guy
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts

just remember man, that is the editors' opinions. I mean Red Steel got a crappy score, but I think it's awesome.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

that is the worst review ever, it deserves at least a 9

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts

"i should have done this a long time ago"

^^^Thats what she sai...

mikia07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mikia07
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts
this is a great game and if you ever get the chance, pick up the ones on the GBA. the 6th (thats the first one over here in good old U.S.A.) one is my fav.
Avatar image for POkemonfreak101
POkemonfreak101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#20 POkemonfreak101
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts
[QUOTE="Dark_Link142"]

firefox59

I haven't played Radiant Dawn but Path of Radiance was not easy. You trying beating that without losing anyone and it takes forever.

Definately agree. That pretty much goes for any Fire Emblem game, but none the less, one of my favorite nintendo franchises

pikma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pikma
Member since 2004 • 483 Posts

Man, I really want this game, I hadn't an opportunity either, I'm planning on buying it somewhere around January, it's a shame I can't do it just yet.
Oh, and BTW, is it as hard as everyone said?

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
Fire Emblem = one of my favorite Nintendo franchises
Radiant Dawn = one of my favorite Fire Emblem games

If you can find Path of Radiance, give that a whirl to fill in the story before Radiant Dawn and also have another enjoyable Fire Emblem.

I was like you when playing Radiant Dawn, I could not stop playing, the game dragged me in and would not let me out.
Melchezdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Melchezdek

Man, I really want this game, I hadn't an opportunity either, I'm planning on buying it somewhere around January, it's a shame I can't do it just yet.
Oh, and BTW, is it as hard as everyone said?

pikma

Yea it. gets hard as you go and trying to keep everyone a live is a challange.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
[QUOTE="Dark_Link142"]

firefox59

I admit, it can be a challenge at times. That's what makes it so incredible for me. So far, I've only lost one person in the game but getting certain characters out of dangerous situations is what adds to the incredible strategy required in the game. But still, some battles are on the easy side.

uglyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 uglyhippos
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts
I have played sacred stones on the gba and loves it. But I havent pick this one out because I heard you can't choose what class to upgrade your charecters. And thats one of the reason why I loved it.