This topic is locked from further discussion.

martingm1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 martingm1983
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts

I really miss the days when developers took their time and composed games with care. Remember before Rare was bought out by Microsoft? The best games, in my personal opinion, on the N64 are Rare games.

It will be a shame if Rare and Nintendo can't work out an agreement on releasing all the old VC games on the Wii. BK, Goldeneye007, Perfect Dark... etc.

Anyone else feel the same?

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11995 Posts
All I want is Goldeneye.  I put more time into that game than any other.
jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
Yeah the Rare games Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were so awesome.
CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 CyleM
Member since 2004 • 2546 Posts
i'd love to have GoldenEye byt u really do not miss Rare.... they have made some great games but they took FOREVER i remember Perfect Dark being like delayed for at least 2 years... anyways... what have they done lately for Microsoft anyways??? absolutly nothing... anything notable... nope... so i'm glad Nintendo was smart and sold them when they could get the most money out of them.... and now that Nintendo owns Moniloth Soft... sp? they should make some good quality games for the Wii!!!
NiteX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 NiteX
Member since 2003 • 1810 Posts
Goldeneye was so great.  Definitely still to this day the greatest game made ever coming from a movie.
quetzalcoatl45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 quetzalcoatl45
Member since 2005 • 1850 Posts
well, after Nintendo sold them, they started to Suck, big time.
mighty_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 mighty_shark
Member since 2005 • 1822 Posts
You miss Rare? They are terrible now. All of the good people from there joined Free Radical. Nintendo should really consider buying Free Radical
sixinchruler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sixinchruler
Member since 2004 • 34 Posts

just cause they take time to delay it shows that they do care how it comes out.

compare it to Blizzard. 

they probably have the best computer games, or all of them are right up there.

they don't release many, but when they release one, it is sure to be kickass, and last years. 

JAREDJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 JAREDJR
Member since 2005 • 417 Posts
I also enjoy Goldeneye, but let's see some new games here. I just recently started playing Goldeneye 007 for N64, and I finally beat the Facility on 00Agent in 2:03, unlocking the cheat. I feel so proud of myself. And because you have to run through the entire level without stopping pretty well, my little brother made the hilarious caption for it : "the highest octane Bond in years". It was so funny, and appropriate.
CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CyleM
yeah but to bad ever since they got bought out... every game has sucked that was made by Rare and they still took forever to make a crappy game....
Avatar image for thegame27_basic
thegame27_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thegame27_basic
Member since 2002 • 1980 Posts
The only game I want now is Too Human, but I have been following that game since the first info was released.  I want that game so bad.
Avatar image for deactivated-61d1faa9c8cfc
deactivated-61d1faa9c8cfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-61d1faa9c8cfc
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Viva Pinata is made by Rare. Althought that game is not even comparable to Perfect Dark or Goldeneye, it is a good game that is worth playing.
CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CyleM
Rare sucks now, bottom line....
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

The only game I want now is Too Human, but I have been following that game since the first info was released.  I want that game so bad. thegame27_basic

Too Human is not made by Rare. It's Silicon Knights that is developing it.

As for Rare, I think Nintendo should either sign a non-exclusivity with Rare for the Rare games on the N64 for the VC or let it die with Microsoft. As far I'm concerned they are dead. All the good people of Rare are now with Free Radical.

mjgballin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mjgballin
Member since 2007 • 484 Posts
Yes, they did make the best games on the N64. Conker, Bk, etc etc. And i am really considering buying a 360 because of the new Banjo game they are developing.
Gigatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#16 Gigatron
Member since 2003 • 841 Posts
RARE is one of the finest developers ever and they've brought us gems like Killer Instinct, Goldeneye, Jet Force Gemini, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, StarFox64, Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie, and it goes ON. But I cant really miss 'em that much cuz I own a 360, which I'm totally psyched for Banjo-Threeie. But yeah... the Rare/Nintendo days were the BEST.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
Yes, they did make the best games on the N64. Conker, Bk, etc etc. And i am really considering buying a 360 because of the new Banjo game they are developing.mjgballin
The new Banjo game might be good because the original Banjo team is the only team still intact after they got bought by Microsoft, few left to form Zoonami, the whole Golden Eye team left shortly after production started on the original Perfect Dark, so the team that took there place didn't need to work that much because the Engine for Perfect Dark was basically the same as the Golden Eye engine, the only team that is still around from the N64 days is the Banjo team except the Stamper Bros. left this year and they were in the Banjo team.
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts

i'd love to have GoldenEye byt u really do not miss Rare.... they have made some great games but they took FOREVER i remember Perfect Dark being like delayed for at least 2 years... anyways... what have they done lately for Microsoft anyways??? absolutly nothing... anything notable... nope... so i'm glad Nintendo was smart and sold them when they could get the most money out of them.... and now that Nintendo owns Moniloth Soft... sp? they should make some good quality games for the Wii!!!
CyleM

Didn't Rare make Viva Pinata? That was a really good game, it just didn't sell well.

steizgr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 steizgr8
Member since 2007 • 559 Posts

Weren't all of Rare's classic Snes and N64 titles brilliant coz they were working with Nintendo on them?

I don't know, I've always just thought that since how they've produced nothing but rubbish since joining MS 

benjaminjoel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 benjaminjoel
Member since 2006 • 644 Posts
Banjo-Kazooie rocked, in fact I might petition to have it and other Rare N64 classics to be released on VC...
Avatar image for thegame27_basic
thegame27_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thegame27_basic
Member since 2002 • 1980 Posts

[QUOTE="thegame27_basic"]The only game I want now is Too Human, but I have been following that game since the first info was released. I want that game so bad. chris3116

Too Human is not made by Rare. It's Silicon Knights that is developing it.

As for Rare, I think Nintendo should either sign a non-exclusivity with Rare for the Rare games on the N64 for the VC or let it die with Microsoft. As far I'm concerned they are dead. All the good people of Rare are now with Free Radical.

Yeah, I realized that after I posted it, should have changed it.  Just very excited about Too Human...lol. 

Anyway, I don't think Rare is that good.  Granted, it would be nice to have them, but it really isn't hurting me that much. 

mllrmatt8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mllrmatt8
Member since 2007 • 626 Posts

yeah me too

my favorite games on the n64 were the two banjo games and donkey kong