I might actually get the 3DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

supernintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 supernintendo
Member since 2005 • 1634 Posts
Mainly because mine broke sometime ago and I havent gotten a new one. Also I was looking on the the nintendo E3 site and saw a couple of pictures for Metal Gear, so that might be my deciding factor. The 3d will just be a plus.
RichardWrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RichardWrite
Member since 2009 • 344 Posts

Mainly because mine broke sometime ago and I havent gotten a new one. Also I was looking on the the nintendo E3 site and saw a couple of pictures for Metal Gear, so that might be my deciding factor. The 3d will just be a plus.supernintendo
My position is this: Not that excited about the 3D aspect of it, but the fact that it has motion control and the ability to play movies will make me get it as a SUPPLEMENT to the DSi XL, which, because of its larger screen and better sound, I'll continue to use for non-3DS-specific games.

crazymonkey092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 crazymonkey092
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts
Same here, I'm not a big fan of 3D, but i guess if it looks good and considering its glasses-free I may use it more than I plan to. But overall, if it has some good launch titles, I'm definitely going to be in line first day for it. :)
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I'll be getting it because of the exclusive games announced for the 3DS: Mario Kart, Paper Mario, StarFox 64 3D, Kingdom Hearts, and Zelda OoT 3D.
DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8783 Posts

My DSi broke a while ago. This 3DS looks like a pretty appealing upgrade! Now I just have to generate more income. :P

Avatar image for lovetheblindone
lovetheblindone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lovetheblindone
Member since 2005 • 1733 Posts
I'll be getting it because of the exclusive games announced for the 3DS: Mario Kart, Paper Mario, StarFox 64 3D, Kingdom Hearts, and Zelda OoT 3D.spike6958
That makes two of us ;).
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

[QUOTE="supernintendo"]Mainly because mine broke sometime ago and I havent gotten a new one. Also I was looking on the the nintendo E3 site and saw a couple of pictures for Metal Gear, so that might be my deciding factor. The 3d will just be a plus.RichardWrite

My position is this: Not that excited about the 3D aspect of it, but the fact that it has motion control and the ability to play movies will make me get it as a SUPPLEMENT to the DSi XL, which, because of its larger screen and better sound, I'll continue to use for non-3DS-specific games.

I actually was expecting the show to decide if I should buy an XL or wait for the 3DS. Now I'm going for the 3DS, hopefully for Christmas?
IzzieWaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 IzzieWaru
Member since 2010 • 905 Posts

I think I'm going to wait a couple of years. I just bought a DSi in March and I've been playing the same DS games for a couple of years now (excluding Pokemon Silver).

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

I had psp which I sold a year ago with 20 titles...
Now, after what I've seen there.... I actually might buy this system...
Just becoz it have a large RPG library of games. :)

BUT... first, i have to see on my own eyes. if it is really 3D and how much better graphics are..
AND WHATS THE PRICE!!? >.< xD

HallowBastion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 HallowBastion
Member since 2004 • 9906 Posts

Lets see...Kingdom Hearts? Kid Icarus? I'm sold. Sign me up.

RichardWrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RichardWrite
Member since 2009 • 344 Posts
[QUOTE="RichardWrite"]

[QUOTE="supernintendo"]Mainly because mine broke sometime ago and I havent gotten a new one. Also I was looking on the the nintendo E3 site and saw a couple of pictures for Metal Gear, so that might be my deciding factor. The 3d will just be a plus.enrique_marrodz

I actually was expecting the show to decide if I should buy an XL or wait for the 3DS. Now I'm going for the 3DS, hopefully for Christmas?

Not gonna happen. EA has announced that they're releasing Sims 3 this fall for "every platform available" and then in 2011 for the 3DS....which tells me that they know that the 3DS will not be available until 2011.
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Besides a gameboy and nintendo 64 iv never been that interested in nintendo proudcts or handhelds, untill now. Im also very interested in it, if it looks amazing price is right and more nintendo and third party games come out for it then i might actually get it.

Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

Is 3DS a Nintendo DS2? I was wondering since I don't like to buy 3ds and find out next year that new uber ds2 is coming.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I'm more inclined to be an early adopter since I have none of the newer DS's. But then I know I'll get screwed when the 3DSiXLLite comes out two years later. But I don't know if I could wait that long!! :cry:
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
might? might? Get in asap! on release :)
IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

Is 3DS a Nintendo DS2? I was wondering since I don't like to buy 3ds and find out next year that new uber ds2 is coming.

Nohtnym
Nintendo said it is the successor to the ds. So this technically is the ds2. I am hoping they take a more leisurely approach to the upgrades because frankly they are just one after another.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#17 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
i bet the second version will be a lot better. That top screen is a bit smallish for watching movies on I think, and the 3D effect probably gets significantly expanded with a larger screen.
halofanatic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 halofanatic12
Member since 2008 • 655 Posts

The 3D aspect doesnt really excite me, but the game line up so far is amazing. So ill probably get it when it comes out.

DemonGal711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 DemonGal711
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts
I'll be getting it because of the exclusive games announced for the 3DS: Mario Kart, Paper Mario, StarFox 64 3D, Kingdom Hearts, and Zelda OoT 3D.spike6958
Oh man. I can't come on this site. I was fine thinking about getting it, but if they are seriously gonna have titles like these, I'm gonna have to sooner or later. I so need another Zelda/Mario fix.
yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 yellonet
Member since 2004 • 7768 Posts

My position is this: Not that excited about the 3D aspect of it...RichardWrite
Then you haven't understood the greatness about 3D gaming, it not only looks good, but it makes it much easier to judge depth and height in games. Let me guess, when the N64 was new you were one of the people that said "yeah the analog stick is fine but I'll just stick to my d-pad".

..but the fact that it has motion control and the ability to play movies will make me get it as a SUPPLEMENT to the DSi XL, which, because of its larger screen and better sound, I'll continue to use for non-3DS-specific games.RichardWrite
Ok, so when did you compare the sound of the 3DS to that of the DSi XL?

yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 yellonet
Member since 2004 • 7768 Posts

The 3D aspect doesnt really excite mehalofanatic12
That's probably because you don't understand what it does for gameplay.

Eraphiron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Eraphiron
Member since 2010 • 569 Posts

You make it sound like no one is getting it.