I just got the Wii!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zapoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Zapoo
Member since 2003 • 156 Posts

My girlfriend just bought me the wii this past sunday as a present for graduating college n i am stoked. I don't know if any of you noticed but the wiis they are releasing now are a different model. The old ones used to be nin rvlswc while the new one is rvlswfsp. From the difference I can tell the new version comes packaged with a wii jacket already on the wii remote. Suprisingly to when when you play wii sports and it shows picture of the remote the wii jacket is already on it. I guess nintendo realised all the damage the remotes caused and started to package them with the jacket. Does anyone know when you buy wii remotes by themselves if they come with jackets now?

As well when you hold the power button on the remote, it fully powers down the system, where as with my brothers system it leaves it in a yellow standby mode, and if you want to fully power down the system to red you had to do it on the system itself. The system also came packaged with the console holder which i believe myt brother's system didn't come packaged with, but he just not be using it. Anyways I am stoked.

Patrick793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Patrick793
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

Actually, all Wii remotes come with the Remote Jacket now. And as for the yellow stand by connection, that's only if you have WiiConnect24 enabled and Stand By Connection set to on. The Wiis are the same. The game has been updated with newer pictures of the wiimote, and there is a new strap. Other than that, the console is the exact same. It's only the Wiimote (wrist strap only) and Wii sports that have changed.

Edit: About the console holder. It was a packaging error. I once bought a camera that didn't come with a battery... My Wii came with a holder.

Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts

You should have asked for the vii! Its selling really well!

awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts

You should have asked for the vii! Its selling really well!

Jakendo

No man, get the Wü.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=30763

youmademyday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 youmademyday
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts

Grats dude! where can i get one?

Zapoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Zapoo
Member since 2003 • 156 Posts
Well I work at Circuit City and I had my manager set one aside for me. But besides that if you get ads in the Saturday paper, If it shows Wiis are available in the add, that means they will be released the next morning on Sunday. A bunch of people know this so usually there is a line, but if you arrive at 5am or so, the line shouldn't be to big yet.
Ungdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ungdi
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts
Did your brother update his system? maybe that's why it doesn't completely power down!
Patrick793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Patrick793
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

Did your brother update his system? maybe that's why it doesn't completely power down! Ungdi

It doesn't completely power down because the WiiConnect24 is set to be on in Stand By mode. That makes the light yellow.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Congratulations.
chunkyluver83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points