I just got my first pocket protectors and i have some questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ps2robot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 ps2robot
Member since 2006 • 288 Posts

I got the kind of pocket protectors that came with the nintendo ds lite and they seem to work know heres my questions

1.are this type of pocket protectors good

2.even though when i hold my nintendo ds to the light it has scratches still on the pocket protectors but after i get my cleaning cloth and wipe it off the scratches are gone but are there still scratches that i cant see that i wiped off???

3.how long will they last???

4.will the air bubbles ever go away?

5.also i dont know what to do theres pieces of lint under the protectors what do i do?

thank you for your futher coments

:D when life gives you ds lite you make scratches on the touch screen :twisted:

mtburdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mtburdell
Member since 2007 • 998 Posts
screen protectors right? (pocket protectors make you sound like you're a moron!) Screen protectors usually come with a DS when they are part of a bundle pack that places like costco sell. Usually these are lousy protectors and you'll see scratches very quickly on them. Get some Hori brand protectors and make sure the screen is spotless before putting them on. Even a speck of dust or lint will cause bubbles.
powerframe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 powerframe8
Member since 2005 • 207 Posts

pocket protector?

friggin nerd. how u gonna fit that ds in there with all those pens and calculators?

austindarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 austindarkness
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts
wow people are viscous. but if you sig says scratch up ds screens then you dont need screen protecters. just let it be natural and get all F'd up!
jem_gal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 jem_gal
Member since 2004 • 439 Posts
please don't say pocket protectors, it reminds me of polly pocket or something. anyways imo the best SCREEN protectors are either the Hori ones or the official nintendo protectors. you'll always get air bubbles (that's my case) and you'll just have to learn how deal with it. some protectors you can peel right off if you did a bad job, wet it with water, let it dry and then try again.
ps2robot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 ps2robot
Member since 2006 • 288 Posts

I apreciate your answers but number 1.Im not a nerd 2.im not a moron 3.Just got a ds lite and I didnt know what screen protectors were. 4.I know that you made a mistake about tour ds once

treeko3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 treeko3
Member since 2005 • 74 Posts
it's okay some people are really mean but like they said get the official Nintendo ones are pretty good but i have the original DS so i really don't have any experince with them im just saying what i think
mtburdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mtburdell
Member since 2007 • 998 Posts
A dweeb? ---no, some people were a little mean but really, it's going on the SCREEN why would it not be called a SCREEN protector? Anyway just seeing if you can take it and evidently..anyhoo, don't just get protectors with nintendo on the package get the HORI ones. They also have nintendo on the package but recently I've seen alot of nintendo stuff including protectors at walmart and they wern't Hori brand and they may be good I don't know but I know the Hori ones are. Sometimes you can get these at walmart.com and have them shipped to the store for free. Also Play Asia has them.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I have Pelican Protectors on mine. Had them since the DSLite launched. No air bubbles at all and not a scratch on them.

http://www.5funnels.com/games.htm

toward the bottom of the page.

ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 ArmoJan
Member since 2005 • 3169 Posts
haha @ "pocket protectors". I miss browsing this forum.