I got some questions some questions about the DSI NOT THE XL.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pokemonfan2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 pokemonfan2009
Member since 2009 • 489 Posts

I got some questions abot the DSI NOT THE XL.

Im thinkg about geting one but can only get a USED DSI NOT THE XL, But in need a FEW QUESTIONS ANSWERD FIRST.

1. Is the DSI easy to use.

2. Does it have a game slot or do you guy your games online.

3. Can you use a DS Lite Stylus on the DSI.

4. Do you need a MEMORY CARD TO SAVE YOUR GAME (DON'T FORGET IM GETTING A USED ONE)

THAT'S ALL THE QUESTIONS PLEASE ANSWER ALL OF THEM.

roosuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 roosuu
Member since 2009 • 1084 Posts

1. Yes

2. Both

3. Yes

4. No. Games saves are done on the cartridges themselves.

Avatar image for ClassicGamerH20
ClassicGamerH20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 ClassicGamerH20
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts

Im thinkg about geting one but can only get a USED DSI NOT THE XL, But in need a FEW QUESTIONS ANSWERD FIRST.

4. Do you need a MEMORY CARD TO SAVE YOUR GAME (DON'T FORGET IM GETTING A USED ONE)

pokemonfan2009

1: Yes

2: I dont get the question

3: Yes

4: No

YoBrandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 YoBrandino
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts
1. As stated, yes. 2. It has a game slot for retail DS games on cartridge, does not have a second slot for gameboy advance games. It also has an online DSiWare shop where you can download some games online, usually smaller games that aren't available in retail. 3. Any stylus or finger will work fine. 4. No SD memory card needed, but it does have a slot for one for storing more photos, music, etc if needed.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
1- why wouldn't it? it's like the other DSs, but better. 2- if you mean download games, you can, but it also supports regular cartridges, which is the standard media for it. 3- yes, but the slot and shape are different, so i'm not sure if you can put a DSL stylus on the DSi stylus slot. 4- they save on the cartridges. and there's more than enough space to download tons of games and take tons of pictures.
KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

pokemonfan2009

1. Yes. It's a matter of opinion, but sure. I think it is.

2. Both. The selection isn't bad either.

3. Erm... I don't think so. I'll say NO.

4. Er, no. DSi doesn't do that. HOWEVER. You do save your online-bought games on the memory card. Don't buy any without it.

HungryLuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 HungryLuma
Member since 2009 • 1131 Posts

[QUOTE="pokemonfan2009"]

KillerWabbit23

1. Yes. It's a matter of opinion, but sure. I think it is.

2. Both. The selection isn't bad either.

3. Erm... I don't think so. I'll say NO.

4. Er, no. DSi doesn't do that. HOWEVER. You do save your online-bought games on the memory card. Don't buy any without it.

A DS stylus and a DSi stylus are the same.
SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#8 SiK99
Member since 2008 • 1673 Posts

[QUOTE="pokemonfan2009"]

KillerWabbit23

Just wanted to point this out again. If you plan on buying/downloading any of the DSiWare games, you might want to buy a memory card. The DSi only has so much internal memory and if you download too many of the DSiWare games you will have to delete/re-download if you don't have a memory card.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="KillerWabbit23"]

[QUOTE="pokemonfan2009"]

SiK99

Just wanted to point this out again. If you plan on buying/downloading any of the DSiWare games, you might want to buy a memory card. The DSi only has so much internal memory and if you download too many of the DSiWare games you will have to delete/re-download if you don't have a memory card.

how many games do you need to do that? seriously, i have quite a lot and, at least looking at how easily my wii runs out of memory, the DSi has A LOT of space.
SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#10 SiK99
Member since 2008 • 1673 Posts
[QUOTE="SiK99"]

[QUOTE="KillerWabbit23"]

BrunoBRS

how many games do you need to do that? seriously, i have quite a lot and, at least looking at how easily my wii runs out of memory, the DSi has A LOT of space.

I think around the 10-15 game mark I usually have to rotate games in and out. Just easier to save on a card than re-download. Obviously depends on the block sizes of the games/apps. (I'm up to 34 games/apps)
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
[QUOTE="KillerWabbit23"] 3. Erm... I don't think so. I'll say NO.

A DS lite stylus, while a little shorter than a DSi Stylus, will fit the slot perfectly fine