I can't believe i'm actually getting good woth Sonic in Smash.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
I don;t know whay, but I;m starting to get win streak with him. He's not quite as bad as I first thought. Him, Kirby, and Wario I'm having a lot of success with. Problem is, Olimar is one of my fav nintendo characters ever...but I just can't get him to work. I'd love to get to a place where I could compete with him, but I just can't figure it out.
Archangel_2309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 147

#2 Archangel_2309
Member since 2008 • 289 Posts
Nice Bandwidth Exceeded avatar there. Can't stand Sonic or Wario. I'm alright with Kirby. Olimar I can't stand. My best fighters are the physical close range ones.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
UR TEW SLOAH!
-Skatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 -Skatman-
Member since 2008 • 1068 Posts
^ I I Priceless sig :lol:
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
^ I I Priceless sig :lol:-Skatman-
you seen that comic?
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
Sonic isn't so bad, I sometimes play as him. You just have to take advantage of his speed.
judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
I haven't gotten use to sonic, he is just to fast for me.
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
Yeah, you can become really good with any character. Unless you want to go pro you shouldn't run into many problems. I think you need to be a certian type of person to be good with Olimar, I also really wanted to be good with him but you have to be very good at multi-tasking to be use him properly.
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
Olimar isnt that hard u just have to know each pikimis strong points and pay attention to which pikmin olimar is going to use next when u are fighting.they all do the most damage in there air so short hop is ur friend with him. Purple pikmin is a good anti projectile u can throw him at a fully charged shot from samus and he eats it . Red pikmin to crazy air hits so set up for that. yellow pikmin are pretty good on the ground and off. I like throwing blue or white pikmin and as they dodge run in and do his running attack try to get it into his up tilt to nock them in the air and hit them with a few air hits. or instead of using his runnig attack short hop an air attack
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
I dont like Sonic in Brawl.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sman3579

Olimar isnt that hard u just have to know each pikimis strong points and pay attention to which pikmin olimar is going to use next when u are fighting.they all do the most damage in there air so short hop is ur friend with him. Purple pikmin is a good anti projectile u can throw him at a fully charged shot from samus and he eats it . Red pikmin to crazy air hits so set up for that. yellow pikmin are pretty good on the ground and off. I like throwing blue or white pikmin and as they dodge run in and do his running attack try to get it into his up tilt to nock them in the air and hit them with a few air hits. or instead of using his runnig attack short hop an air attackwebbut

These are the strong points of the Pikmin.

Purple: stronger then other Pikmin, so you should probable use them for Smash Attacks and throws.

Yellow: when throw travel in a slight arc and withstand electricity so you should probable use them for Pikmin Throw and on enemies with electrical moves.

Red: withstand fire and have a good attack power (2nd of all Pikmin) so you could really use them for anything, throws, Pikmin throw, smash attacks, and enemies with fire attacks.

Blue: most durable and withstand water so they are pretty good for Pikmin throw since they can withstand attacks the best so if opponents hit them they have a good chance of living.

White: travel the farthest when useing the Pikmin throw and normal throws so you should probable use them for those moves.

This is how I use the Pikmin and Olimar is one of my best characters!

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 webbut
and the longer pikimin stay alive the stronger they get(they start off with a leaf on their head then it goes toe a bulb then a flower) so constantly chucking pikmin isnt the best idea.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sman3579

and the longer pikimin stay alive the stronger they get(they start off with a leaf on their head then it goes toe a bulb then a flower) so constantly chucking pikmin isnt the best idea. webbut

This.

Also, how did we start talking about Olimar when this is supposed to be about Sonic.

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 webbut

[QUOTE="webbut"]and the longer pikimin stay alive the stronger they get(they start off with a leaf on their head then it goes toe a bulb then a flower) so constantly chucking pikmin isnt the best idea. sman3579

This.

Also, how did we start talking about Olimar when this is supposed to be about Sonic.

he mentioned how olimar is one of his favorite characters but hes not that great with him so i decided to share some of my olimar tips. Olimar's your main? I wish brawls online wasnt so horrible i would love to get in more practice with human players
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
I don't like Sonic in Brawl. Olimar has some pretty bad moves. I'm pretty good with Kirby and Wario though.
Turbo_Burdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Turbo_Burdo
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
I didnt understand the hype about sonic being a new addition to the Smash series. I completely ignored him and I wished they introduced Sonic along with Tails and Knuckles.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sman3579
[QUOTE="sman3579"]

[QUOTE="webbut"]and the longer pikimin stay alive the stronger they get(they start off with a leaf on their head then it goes toe a bulb then a flower) so constantly chucking pikmin isnt the best idea. webbut

This.

he mentioned how olimar is one of his favorite characters but hes not that great with him so i decided to share some of my olimar tips. Olimar's your main? I wish brawls online wasnt so horrible i would love to get in more practice with human players

Olimar is my 2nd main.

BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts
one reason you might be good with sonic is because he has the cheapest final smash ever
Saxsoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Saxsoon
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts
My friends and I don't play with smashes. And I am pretty good with Sonic. I couldn't beat this one guy who was a God with Ike and then I played Sonic and beat him. It was awesome. You just have to know how to time his jumps and go into aerial attacks. He is one of my favorites.
desert_thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 desert_thief
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts

I don't like play with Sonic because:

1-lack of power

2-he's too hard to control him and takes time to get use to him

3-he's too light

the most character I play with is Mario because he's the most balanced character in the whole smash bros. series.