How long of an adventure will Metroid Other M be?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

captkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 captkiwi
Member since 2009 • 137 Posts

Will it be short like the first three (6-8 hours) or longer like the Metroid Prime games (15 to 20+ hours). If it is short, will it deter you from wanting to purchase it? I know I'll be disappointed if it is, but I'll most likely purchase it anyway. Also, if there is any info on how long it is please enlighten me.

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
Dude, we dont have the game..... They havent told us anything really.
captkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 captkiwi

Dude, we dont have the game..... They havent told us anything really.C-Lee

I know that know one has the game, I'm just speculating, and just seeing if anyone has any thoughts or info on the length of it.

menosdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 menosdemon
Member since 2009 • 518 Posts

i actually researched for you... took like 4 hours...

i'm pretty sure that the story is gonna last at least 8 minutes. rough guess tho, i could be wrong.

XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts
It never ends :O
captkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 captkiwi

Apparently speculating the length of the new Metroid game is uninteresting, so I will leave it at that. Sorry for the post.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
wow, you manage to beat a metroid game in 6 hours. i suck at metroid and didnt know. but i'd guess it'll be somewhat long. but then again, i used to think all metroid games were long...
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Its impossible to speculate with no info, if its typical modern Metroid fair then it can be anywhere from 15-20 hours depending on hoe deeply the exploration and puzzle portion is explored.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Well if you factor in searching for the stuff, shooting all the things, loading times, dodging the flying things, jumping over things, and charging your beam then it'll probably last a certain amount of time.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

Well because its a sidescroller/3d type game there should be more space on the disc to put more gameplay, and considering that its going to have a good story it could be longer. The prime didnt have a story that M is going to have, but it will have quite a bit of cutscenes so we could be getting a dual layered discs or they wont use dual layered, and that might cut the game short. Then again it seems to be using some nice looking textures aswell so maybe it might be dual layered meaning more space. They ussually aim for a single layered disc because its cheaper (even though it costs them like 7 cents per disc). Brawl was an exception because it had 3 gigs of orchestrated music. Maybe if the cutscenes, graphical data, and the possibilty of orchistrated music are put together then they will use a dual layered disc meaning more space to splap more gameplay on. Most likley no orchestrated music because its metroid which consists of computer generated tehno. Im hoping for dual layered. Simply put i believe it will be longer maybe around 10-20 hours because there is more focus on story this time around. (maybe i should have said that form the beginning before blabbering on about nothing, if u read this whole thing i congradulate u by awarding u with the Painguy Nonsense Tolerance Award) :D

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
It isnt impossible. It lasts as many hours as you want it to last...........
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BrunoBRS

Well because its a sidescroller/3d type game there should be more space on the disc to put more gameplay, and considering that its going to have a good story it could be longer. The prime didnt have a story that M is going to have, but it will have quite a bit of cutscenes so we could be getting a dual layered discs or they wont use dual layered, and that might cut the game short. Then again it seems to be using some nice looking textures aswell so maybe it might be dual layered meaning more space. They ussually aim for a single layered disc because its cheaper (even though it costs them like 7 cents per disc). Brawl was an exception because it had 3 gigs of orchestrated music. Maybe if the cutscenes, graphical data, and the possibilty of orchistrated music are put together then they will use a dual layered disc meaning more space to splap more gameplay on. Most likley no orchestrated music because its metroid which consists of computer generated tehno. Im hoping for dual layered. Simply put i believe it will be longer maybe around 10-20 hours because there is more focus on story this time around. (maybe i should have said that form the beginning before blabbering on about nothing, if u read this whole thing i congradulate u by awarding u with the Painguy Nonsense Tolerance Award) :D

painguy1
*proudly puts the badge on the shirt* :D :lol:
Michael-Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Michael-Smith
Member since 2009 • 909 Posts
I'm sure however long it is will be satisfying. Hell, I would have been happy with a new side scroller on WiiWare, so whatever Other M has to offer will be greatly accepted. If I were to take a gamble on play time, I would guess 20 hours on first play. The real question is what kind of replay value will this have. Do they want to bring back the obsessive speed runs that the core series is known for? If so, then replay could be hundreds of hours long, hehe.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I'm guessing it'll be standard length of a game, around 15ish hours?

Really, we don't know though lol. We barely know anything about the game.

BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BeyondPain
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts
My crystal ball is being repaired at the moment, ill get back to you in a week =P. Seriously though, look at the length of the ninja gaiden games as a starting indicator =) Ill speculate with you =).
jmizzal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jmizzal
Member since 2005 • 320 Posts
Keep in mind the first 3 games are from way older Gens, back then most games were not long even epic ones, and the last 3 are from the last 2 Gens, so I expect it to be more 15-20 hours with way more story.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say that it's going to last anywhere from 30 seconds up to 80 hours.

I'm more curious to see how the game will actually play compared to length.

Is it going to be a mixture of sidescrolling/FPS/3rd person adventure. It confuses me and hurts my head

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

If I were to guess, I would guess it would be around the length of a Metroid Prime series.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I'm sure however long it is will be satisfying. Hell, I would have been happy with a new side scroller on WiiWare, so whatever Other M has to offer will be greatly accepted. If I were to take a gamble on play time, I would guess 20 hours on first play. The real question is what kind of replay value will this have. Do they want to bring back the obsessive speed runs that the core series is known for? If so, then replay could be hundreds of hours long, hehe.Michael-Smith
Well they didn't really add speed running, people just did that on thier own. The multiple endings could be achieved just by knowing where your going the second time around. It didn't really require a speed run.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

*proudly puts the badge on the shirt* :D :lol:BrunoBRS

hahahahaha

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BeyondPain"]My crystal ball is being repaired at the moment, ill get back to you in a week =P. Seriously though, look at the length of the ninja gaiden games as a starting indicator =) Ill speculate with you =).

wait... did i gt it right? you're speculating the length of a game based on another game (from a completely different series, developed to a completely different system) made by the same developer? it's like guessing how long will the next final fantasy will be based on TWEWY.